Jeep 2500 Pickup Truck Coming in the Future??

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I simply love the looks of this truck, however I agree with whom ever said that it would be a tough market. It will be very expensive and the retro styling, while I love it, probably won't appeal to a large enough market? I hope I'm wrong and have one in the stable someday!
IMG_1478673456.422294.jpg

Kalums

I just want an old J20 and I would be happy... Even if I modded it to run a 5.9 Cummins and added better axles and Trans /transfer I think I would still end up cheaper than what FCA is going to be wanting for one of these...

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vulpine

Would I be interested? No.

I have no need for a "Supertruck". That said, I know there is a demand and for some it may even be used as a true truck in off-road situations. But I'm not one of them.

Happyman

Yes!

I would be delighted if they would come out with this. It is everything I've been dreaming about building. I would definitely purchase one.

MoxieMedic

I like the idea a lot, whether or not I could afford it. It's a good looking truck and if it gets built right I think it will be very functional .. as a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeep0351

IF this truck were really to happen, it would most likely be built off of a RAM 2500 just like the Durango is built off of a Grand Cherokee. For me, it'd just be nice to drive a real truck that is also a Jeep just like I do now with my old J2000. Oh yeah, Jeep used to make full size pickups well before there was ever a Wrangler :crazyeyes:

That is a silly quote... Jeep was created BECAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL JEEP (ie willys). The willys is what all wrangler have been at least loosely based on. So, no... Jeep did not make trucks before wranglers... That's just a silly thing to say... The company didnt exist until the CJ's (which are loosely part of the wrangler family unless you're being unreasonably specific). A Jeep = a Wrangler, all others are weak attempts at getting into other markets. Leave trucks to RAM. Leave small, willys, CJ, Wrangler, etc.. to Jeep. That simple. Its a silly marketing ploy for those with too many dollars and not enough sense.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That is a silly quote... Jeep was created BECAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL JEEP (ie willys). The willys is what all wrangler have been at least loosely based on. So, no... Jeep did not make trucks before wranglers... That's just a silly thing to say... The company didnt exist until the CJ's (which are loosely part of the wrangler family unless you're being unreasonably specific). A Jeep = a Wrangler, all others are weak attempts at getting into other markets. Leave trucks to RAM. Leave small, willys, CJ, Wrangler, etc.. to Jeep. That simple. Its a silly marketing ploy for those with too many dollars and not enough sense.

I know right?! Shame on Jeep for expanding their customer base and monetary pool to allow them to keep putting out vehicles for their core fans...

SHAME!

:crazyeyes:

TWX

Something to keep in mind, this design study is not a new one. The Jeep Rescue was a previous concept that in part did lead to the JK Wrangler, but most definitely not as the concept sat.

If they decide they want to make this happen, expect the frame, suspension, and other underpinnings to be directly shared with the 3/4 ton Dodge Powerwagon. It's likely that the Jeep version would be even more developed for offroad, but Dodge and now Ram has done some pretty good things with their Powerwagon series and FCA absolutely cannot afford to have two 3/4 ton trucks that are wholly dissimilar. Even if the sheet metal parts are different, they simply can't justify the expense in having two trucks unless they share the important bits.

Remember that this is what killed off the Commanche pickup, it was too similar in size to the Dakota.

Top Bottom