Jeep 2500 Pickup Truck Coming in the Future??

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That is a silly quote... Jeep was created BECAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL JEEP (ie willys). The willys is what all wrangler have been at least loosely based on. So, no... Jeep did not make trucks before wranglers... That's just a silly thing to say... The company didnt exist until the CJ's (which are loosely part of the wrangler family unless you're being unreasonably specific). A Jeep = a Wrangler, all others are weak attempts at getting into other markets. Leave trucks to RAM. Leave small, willys, CJ, Wrangler, etc.. to Jeep. That simple. Its a silly marketing ploy for those with too many dollars and not enough sense.

Are you trying to be funny?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
That is a silly quote... Jeep was created BECAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL JEEP (ie willys). The willys is what all wrangler have been at least loosely based on. So, no... Jeep did not make trucks before wranglers... That's just a silly thing to say... The company didnt exist until the CJ's (which are loosely part of the wrangler family unless you're being unreasonably specific). A Jeep = a Wrangler, all others are weak attempts at getting into other markets. Leave trucks to RAM. Leave small, willys, CJ, Wrangler, etc.. to Jeep. That simple. Its a silly marketing ploy for those with too many dollars and not enough sense.

My self esteem just dropped 10 points as I was just informed I don't drive a 'real' Jeep. I'll be jumping off a bridge now.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
My self esteem just dropped 10 points as I was just informed I don't drive a 'real' Jeep. I'll be jumping off a bridge now.

Don't let the words of an internet user make you do stuff! :cheesy:

We can still be friends, even if you don't have a frame.

Ddays

Hooked

Won't do any good - the bottoms are all filled with Clinton supporters that already jumped...

longarmwj

Not sure if serious or just retarded. The Wrangler did NOT come out until the introduction of the YJ. That was the FIRST Wrangler. Everything before that was a CJ, not a Wrangler. So Eddie is correct, Jeep did make trucks far before the Wrangler. Saying that a Jeep = a Wrangler is pretty ignorant, because there is so much more to the Jeep heritage besides the Wrangler, and not all Jeeps with removable top and doors are as such.

You voted for Hillary didn't you?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is a silly quote... Jeep was created BECAUSE OF THE ORIGINAL JEEP (ie willys). The willys is what all wrangler have been at least loosely based on.

Yeah, I have one and I can tell you that the Wrangler is no Willys.

So, no... Jeep did not make trucks before wranglers... That's just a silly thing to say... The company didnt exist until the CJ's (which are loosely part of the wrangler family unless you're being unreasonably specific).

Well that's a silly thing to say. Last I checked, Bantam made small cars and trucks like the ones shown below before they created the very first Jeep.

1940-American-Bantam-Pickup-a.jpg

92d9ef192c6a51ed4de8c0f3a3d1cd2a.jpg

A Jeep = a Wrangler, all others are weak attempts at getting into other markets.

Clearly, you are the self-proclaimed expert here. Although, I'd argue that my C101 is a hell of a lot closer to being a Willys, you know, the "original Jeep" than a Wrangler could ever hope to be but hey, what would I know.

Leave trucks to RAM. Leave small, willys, CJ, Wrangler, etc.. to Jeep. That simple. Its a silly marketing ploy for those with too many dollars and not enough sense.

Well, their marketing ploy seems to be working on those of us who lack sense and cents. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Not sure if serious or just retarded. The Wrangler did NOT come out until the introduction of the YJ. That was the FIRST Wrangler. Everything before that was a CJ, not a Wrangler. So Eddie is correct, Jeep did make trucks far before the Wrangler. Saying that a Jeep = a Wrangler is pretty ignorant, because there is so much more to the Jeep heritage besides the Wrangler, and not all Jeeps with removable top and doors are as such.

You voted for Hillary didn't you?

[emoji23] I basically wrote the same thing and deleted it, but good call

IMG_1478711940.179537.jpg

longarmwj

[emoji23] I basically wrote the same thing and deleted it, but good call

View attachment 230271

Great minds think alike what can I say.

But hey he is probably off hiding somewhere in his safe zone, drinking his soy mocha latte while reading the CNN election report about how Trump is a big meanie face, and Hillary lost due to female oppression on his iPad, all while making sure his scarf is properly laid around his neck so he can hide his Adam's apple so somebody doesn't see it and assume his gender while he contemplates what he wants to recite at his next live poetry reading.

Last edited:

wingnut

Ive been waiting for this jeep truck. And they keep pushing it out. From info i got yesterday it sounded like it was hinging on sales of the new 1500 eco diesel dodge trucks. If they start makeing more sales on those then they would invest in the jeep truck. Again this is just what i told from a friend who has been selling mopar for 40 years. If this dream jeep ever comes out i will be buying one but it will need to be diesel.

JoeGravel

No Cummins, thank you :grayno:

... a Cummins diesel engine ... :grayno:

Love the truck but the new diesels with the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) equipment are crap. Just got rid of a RAM 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins because of reliability issues with the DEF system. Put a 4.7 or a Hemi in it and I'm on board.

longarmwj

... a Cummins diesel engine ... :grayno:

Love the truck but the new diesels with the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) equipment are crap. Just got rid of a RAM 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins because of reliability issues with the DEF system. Put a 4.7 or a Hemi in it and I'm on board.

A 4.7? Those were horrible motors. Warping heads, oil consumption (if I recall). A Hemi would make sense, specifically the 6.2 Hemi they use in the Dodge 2500s, but a 4.7 wouldn't provide enough power or enough reliability.

Johnnyboy110

Any idea if they will all be crew cabs??? I think they look kinda strange. I think a two door or even an extended cab would be cool

Rubiconstantine

without question, this is just rumor but i just got word that fca is kicking around the idea of making a 2500 version of the upcoming jeep jp pickup truck. From what i am told, it'll be available with a stronger frame, a cummins diesel engine and 8-lug 60 axles front and rear axles. If it were to become a reality, it'd be something we might see a few years after the release of the all new jp truck that's slated to hit the showroom floors in late 2018. Again, this is all just stuff i'm hearing in the rumor mill but i'd love to hear what you think about it. :yup:

20161101224830-00ece5b8-me.jpg

i wanted one yesterday!!!!!

Top Bottom