Jeep dogs!!!

BEAST33

So you sent your dog away for training? Or do you go with your dog for the training? And how much is all that going to run you? That is a gorgeous GSD by the way!

Jackal01

So you sent your dog away for training? Or do you go with your dog for the training? And how much is all that going to run you? That is a gorgeous GSD by the way!

We sent him to the trainer and he also is boarded there. The first 2 week session was for setting the foundation for basic obedience. We were able to train on our own at home with ringing a bell for potty to go outside and a couple other small things. We don't have the time to teach him obedience and off leash at that. So last month he was there for two solid weeks. Then we picked him up and the wife and I were "trained" on how to train him. They don't just release the dog without teaching the parents how to maintain his training. (My first dog so I am a newb). He took a month off to meet their age requirements for their 8 week off leash program. This Sunday will be week 1 of those 8. The total cost of the 10 weeks will be close two $2500 including the electronic collar we buy at the end(used to substitute the prong collar used during on leash training). It is expensive but for us we just do not have the time to get him to where we want him when he gets a little older. So the money is worth saving the time and frustration from "dealing" with it. Part of that 8 week program are 4 private lessons to work on anything we want after the 8 weeks. Then after all this we start protection which we really want just some basic stuff. It's single training sessions not board and train like now. We primarily want him to bark and hold on command and will only bite if the aggressor moves towards him/the wife/me/. We don't really want a police -type dog that will chase, bring down, etc. This company (3 total trainers) mostly trains GSDs for civilians but also LE, SAR, arson, etc. Their programs and results are just impressive.

And thank you...as my first dog Zero is so far perfect. His sable-color is the best I have seen on a German Shepherd Dog! :rock:

BEAST33

We sent him to the trainer and he also is boarded there. The first 2 week session was for setting the foundation for basic obedience. We were able to train on our own at home with ringing a bell for potty to go outside and a couple other small things. We don't have the time to teach him obedience and off leash at that. So last month he was there for two solid weeks. Then we picked him up and the wife and I were "trained" on how to train him. They don't just release the dog without teaching the parents how to maintain his training. (My first dog so I am a newb). He took a month off to meet their age requirements for their 8 week off leash program. This Sunday will be week 1 of those 8. The total cost of the 10 weeks will be close two $2500 including the electronic collar we buy at the end(used to substitute the prong collar used during on leash training). It is expensive but for us we just do not have the time to get him to where we want him when he gets a little older. So the money is worth saving the time and frustration from "dealing" with it. Part of that 8 week program are 4 private lessons to work on anything we want after the 8 weeks. Then after all this we start protection which we really want just some basic stuff. It's single training sessions not board and train like now. We primarily want him to bark and hold on command and will only bite if the aggressor moves towards him/the wife/me/. We don't really want a police -type dog that will chase, bring down, etc. This company (3 total trainers) mostly trains GSDs for civilians but also LE, SAR, arson, etc. Their programs and results are just impressive.

And thank you...as my first dog Zero is so far perfect. His sable-color is the best I have seen on a German Shepherd Dog! :rock:

That's awesome you have the funds to do that....and I know it will be worth it. I spent my extra money on lift/wheels/tires/bumper etc just recently so I can't shell out that kind of dough lol! Good luck and I look forward to seeing more pics of him in this thread :beer:

Jackal01

That's awesome you have the funds to do that....and I know it will be worth it. I spent my extra money on lift/wheels/tires/bumper etc just recently so I can't shell out that kind of dough lol! Good luck and I look forward to seeing more pics of him in this thread :beer:

Well, to be honest...Jeep toys are my from my savings and this training is from our joint savings( each account funded differently). We didn't have anything else we wanted so we figured why not benefit zero and us. Win win for all 3.

Templar

My first Jeep (01 TJ) and first Jeep Dog - Hanz in our first trip to Moab:

Hanz_Jeep_Moab.jpg

My second Jeep Dog, Oz (had a 08 JKUR at the time)

Oz_Camping.jpg

My 3rd Jeep Dog, Caesar at 7 weeks. He is now 16 weeks and weights 40 pounds already. Have a 2015 JKUR on order for him :brows:

Caesar_7_weeks.jpg

Last edited:

Redmow

All three are beautiful dogs.

Hard thing losing a friend. Our Sheltie was stolen from us while away on vacation. I'm itchin' real bad for another dog. Came close today at an adoption rally near the home.

shadow21

All three are beautiful dogs.

Hard thing losing a friend. Our Sheltie was stolen from us while away on vacation. I'm itchin' real bad for another dog. Came close today at an adoption rally near the home.

This is one of the main reasons I chipped my dogs. It's one thing for them to live a lifetime with you but a completely different thing to have them taken away.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My Dutch Shepherd...Lexi. She loves going for jeep rides! And I just bought the Safari Straps rear cargo net just for her :thumb:

Lots of pics :yup:

That's a gorgeous pup! I have been considering getting a Dutchie for a while. This was my MWD on my last deployment, absolutely wonderful breed!
IMG_1540.jpg
Zoey an I-1.jpg
397144_370711642958839_1874540438_n.jpg

Still trying to adopt her, but if it is not possible then I will look into getting a pup.

2013CGJKU

If there's anything that the community can do to help make that happen let us know man... I am sure that I can freely speak for the rest of the guys here saying that.

Those dogs deserve good homes after their service and they won't find a better one than with their partner in the field. That's a different kind of bond formed right there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jackal01

If there's anything that the community can do to help make that happen let us know man... I am sure that I can freely speak for the rest of the guys here saying that.

Those dogs deserve good homes after their service and they won't find a better one than with their partner in the field. That's a different kind of bond formed right there.

I don't have any connections to make this happen but fully support the sentiment here. I hope it works out.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Here's our new little guy we picked up this morning!

1414904241298.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepblues

My chocolate lab Bailey. She been about everywhere with me bird hunting. ND, Ark, Miss to to name an few.
]She loves to bird hunt.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415316505.335504.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415316587.068162.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415316614.699309.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415316469.089372.jpg

Armydog

I didn't have a Jeep when we were partners, but I know he would have gladly been my co-pilot on the roughest of trails...because ha ALWAYS WAS.......God bless his soul. The BEST dog ever to serve this nation or this one grateful handler.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416361874.031706.jpg

Miss you, Max. c-225.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom