Jk6 hellcat

Brute

Hooked
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but what in the hell is up with the front mud flaps?? Is that required in your neck of the woods or are you just wanting to protect the side of your rig?

Unfortunately yes...the police officer told me the front fenders are not wide enough, and since the tires are outboard of the body, the front flaps are required

Yah I know...they are fugly...good thing they come off easily...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately yes...the police officer told me the front fenders are not wide enough, and since the tires are outboard of the body, the front flaps are required

Yah I know...they are fugly...good thing they come off easily...

Well that just sucks. Good thing they do come off and with ease.

Damn, I love this truck.

That King screw jack looks neat. I know you tested it on concrete but does it feel secure or that it might kick out like a traditional high lift jack?

Have you had a chance to get after any steel head yet this year?

swampdog

Got enough miles on it to change the gear & motor oil...just need to do a slight adjustment on the tcase linkage...4lo rear axle was hard to get into...everything else worked great

I know riding in Grubb's ride soon after he had the Atlas T-Case swapped in he was really fighting to get it in 4-Lo, but Atlas confirmed to him it would ease after use / break-in. Hope this is the case for you.

Brute

Hooked
Damn, I love this truck.

That King screw jack looks neat. I know you tested it on concrete but does it feel secure or that it might kick out like a traditional high lift jack?

Have you had a chance to get after any steel head yet this year?

We installed pin locator holes fore & aft on the rock rails at the optimum angle for the screw jack...the jack pin is heavily knurled, and grips very well inside the pin holes...and the jack base swivels to maintain contact with the ground during the lift. The jack pin also works in the recovery loops in both the front & rear bumpers for additional lift points. Since the rear axle has a fair amount of droop during lift, I may have to strap the axle to the frame for rear tire removal depending on the terrain...since we are installing a front suck down winch, this will not be a problem with the front axles.

With a 20v cordless impact driver, I can jack up the rig in 8 seconds...remove the lug nuts (the driving nut on top of the jack is 3/4"...same as the lug nuts), replace the tire, tighten the lug nuts and drop the rig off the jack in under 4 minutes...without breaking a sweat.

I've used the hi lift on my Brute on several occasions...all on someone else's rig...and when you get it high enough to clear the tire, it can be a bi unstable...and I've seen one guy almost knock himself out with one when he forgot to bring the handle to the up position...

I must have angered the fish gods sometime recently...I've missed the steelhead run here in WA...and missed the last summer run of ahi in Hawaii...and will miss the next ahi run this winter as well, as I've been too busy traveling attending to a bunch of simultaneous projects...but I will correct this soon...

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I know riding in Grubb's ride soon after he had the Atlas T-Case swapped in he was really fighting to get it in 4-Lo, but Atlas confirmed to him it would ease after use / break-in. Hope this is the case for you.

It has...I spent an afternoon on a dirt road just dropping it in and out of 4lo...I'm used to the NV241 which is easy...the Atlas needs to almost slow to a stop, but I got it down now...

We installed pin locator holes fore & aft on the rock rails at the optimum angle for the screw jack...the jack pin is heavily knurled, and grips very well inside the pin holes...and the jack base swivels to maintain contact with the ground during the lift. The jack pin also works in the recovery loops in both the front & rear bumpers for additional lift points. Since the rear axle has a fair amount of droop during lift, I may have to strap the axle to the frame for rear tire removal depending on the terrain...since we are installing a front suck down winch, this will not be a problem with the front axles.

With a 20v cordless impact driver, I can jack up the rig in 8 seconds...remove the lug nuts (the driving nut on top of the jack is 3/4"...same as the lug nuts), replace the tire, tighten the lug nuts and drop the rig off the jack in under 4 minutes...without breaking a sweat.

I must have angered the fish gods sometime recently...I've missed the steelhead run here in WA...and missed the last summer run of ahi in Hawaii...and will miss the next ahi run this winter as well, as I've been too busy traveling attending to a bunch of simultaneous projects...but I will correct this soon...

I think I'm sold on the jack. Paired with an impact like your saying seems like the only way to go.

Hopefully your able to squeeze in a trip to the river or ocean soon!

Brute

Hooked
Well if you've got some time in Brisbane and you're looking for a drinking buddy or want to hit some trails let me know. I'd be happy to show you round.

We get in late to Brisbane, then out in the morning to Hayman...otherwise I'd hoist a cold one with you.

What fish are biting in the Whitsunday Islands this time of year?...I'm only interested in near shore species that I cannot catch in Hawaii on light tackle...

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
No worries mate. I haven't been to the Whitsundays for nearly 10 years so I'm not much help with what's biting but they're famous for giant trevally off the reefs

Top Bottom