JK's JK Rubicon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Let me tell you guys what, this installation is not for the average person to install. The instructions are not clear by any means and now I'm thinking I should write these CO's up so someone else does not have to go through the misery I'm going through.

Seems like only 3 hours ago you were posting and asking for help on the rear coil over install. :thinking:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
One tip just by looking at your pictures. Do not unbolt the control arms all at once. You have no control of the axle at this point. It'll be a bitch to line back up when you need it too.

Only remove two arms at most when it's sitting on floor jacks.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you can't use the instructions for the install, your are in over you're head.

But what do you need help with ?

X's 2. :thinking: You need to have a pretty good understanding of all suspensions components, what you are taking off, and what you are putting on before tackling any lift of this type. If you don't, you probably should let someone else do the install.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
One tip just by looking at your pictures. Do not unbolt the control arms all at once. You have no control of the axle at this point. It'll be a bitch to line back up when you need it too.

This! I learned that the hard way. Never again will I do that.

Get the ratchet straps and dead blow hammer ready, you have no idea the can of worms you opened. This is the part of my axle swap I didn't tell you about.

You forgot to read the first paragraph of the instructions, it is the most important part. "By purchasing this kit you are starting the next level of performance. To install this kit it requires work and finesse. This high quality system will truly enhance your vehicle to another level. Cutting and Grinding required; not bitching and moaning. This is a toy, it should be fun! EVO recommends install by a trained professional."

Zstairlessone

You forgot to read the first paragraph of the instructions, it is the most important part. "By purchasing this kit you are starting the next level of performance. To install this kit it requires work and finesse. This high quality system will truly enhance your vehicle to another level. Cutting and Grinding required; not bitching and moaning. This is a toy, it should be fun! EVO recommends install by a trained professional."

I've never seen their instructions, but if this is what they put on them I plan on seeing some. Quality product and humor how does it get better than this?
:)

JK's JK

Banned
If you can't use the instructions for the install, your are in over you're head.

But what do you need help with ?

I'm fine but the instructions have loads out of it that are not explained. For example the swaybar relocation on the frame. I had 8 allen head bolts and I could not figure out what they where used for. After talking with two people over the phone and pictures, I found that I was missing parts. I was also missing the frame bolt as well.

Yeah I experienced this. I knew it was going to happen but didn't realize that it was going to move the much around. That is good advice :thumb:

X's 2. :thinking: You need to have a pretty good understanding of all suspensions components, what you are taking off, and what you are putting on before tackling any lift of this type. If you don't, you probably should let someone else do the install.

Thank you for the thought Sharkey. It's not that it was over my head by any means. What I was frustrated about was missing material and the instructions did not explain where they went. I knew this installation was going to take some time and I'm for sure not swayed by it. Thank you for the post Sharkey :rock::rock:

This! I learned that the hard way. Never again will I do that.

At least I'm not the only one :D I know it was going to move around but not as much as it did. Once I placed a floor jack on the drive line it all stopped.

You need to stop right where you are and get Tom to come help you before you screw the pooch.

Oh my Gosh Lee.......:doh:

JK's JK

Banned

:rolleyes2:

I've never seen their instructions, but if this is what they put on them I plan on seeing some. Quality product and humor how does it get better than this?
:)

There is always a bit of humor in installations. Missing parts are at the top of the list :icon_crazy:

JK's JK

Banned
Ok back at it this morning. :rock: Only things I need to do.

-Install the bracket that goes over head for the CO's
-drill through the frame
-relocate the swaybar (only if i had the bracket)
-buy new hardware for the swaybar links
-remove the rockstars and drill out the hole for the swaybar links
-install the CO's
-install the break lines and bleed the breaks

Easier said than done :shock:

JK's JK

Banned
What needs drilled out on the rockstars? Nothing needs drilled out...

Here are some pictures that shows what I'm talking about. The bolt that goes into the swaybar link has zero play in it. The rockstar hole for the swaybar link isn't big enough.

DSC02889.JPG DSC02890.JPG DSC02891.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom