JKX requirements = my empty wallet will be even emptier(?)

Krieger

I've focused my attention on getting ready for JKX and thought this was the year, but between my transmission just going out and the fact that Mel once said if you sign up and you live on the west coast, he's going to make you go east coast, and the idea of first driving east and then doing the JKX plus fuel and hotel, I'm not even close to being ready this year, maybe next year for me.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Don't build your rig for JKX, build a capable vehicle that will get you where you want to go. Welcome to Wayalife!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't build your rig for JKX, build a capable vehicle that will get you where you want to go. Welcome to Wayalife!

Well said. For Cindy and I, it's the people we get to wheel with, our friends, that make something like the JKX experience so much fun. In a lot of ways, the wheeling is just icing on the cake. Of course, you don't need to have a rig that ready for the JKX to have a good time with your friends. :cool:

sparkymoffett

For me, that's totally what it's about. Hanging out with like minded people. YES, the wheeling is fun. Great actually, seeing places that you've never seen before. But when you have a group of cool people, it's 100X better.

jesse3638

Hooked

So true, although a JKX build would be awesome, for most of us a stock jeep will take us places we want to or even don't want to go..;). Just make sure to build it they way you want to not the way someone else wants you to. Do your homework based off of the type of wheeling you want to do to ensure you build it right the first time and don't waste time or money on a substandard build. Also everyone has an opinion on the "best build" and you know what they say about opinions. Take into consideration what they are telling you and don't get mad if what you hear isn't what you want to hear. If they have provided bad advice 99% of the time someone will chime in to correct it. Most of the time they are just trying to prevent you from wasting your time and money as they have already made that mistake before. What ever you do make sure your having fun and enjoying the WAYALIFE.

thardy

Banned
For me, the JKX built rigs are just something to drool over and strive for. I know that my chances of having a vehicle that is built in that nature is very small, but seeing the parts that those rigs are running take a beating and keep on ticking, lets me know that they are quality products. In an industry where there are so many choices out there, seeing these products beat to submission (EVO1) gives me a little comfort, because I know that I will more than likely NEVER beat on my rig the way Mel does on EVO1. It lets me know that my hard earned money is actually being spent on high-quality products and I'm not finding out the hard way that I wasted my money on a slightly cheaper, yet way less quality product.

JAGS

Hooked

Macys? Albertsons? WallMart? ;) Heck, these and practices/lessons for my kids is ENVY's main purpose.:grayno:

All kinding aside, this is very true though. A build for function and safety is really the best advice. Sure, most of want the most extreme version, but something to get us out on the trail and have fun with friends and family is really what it's all about.:thumb:

So true, although a JKX build would be awesome, for most of us a stock jeep will take us places we want to or even don't want to go..;). Just make sure to build it they way you want to not the way someone else wants you to. Do your homework based off of the type of wheeling you want to do to ensure you build it right the first time and don't waste time or money on a substandard build. Also everyone has an opinion on the "best build" and you know what they say about opinions. Take into consideration what they are telling you and don't get mad if what you hear isn't what you want to hear. If they have provided bad advice 99% of the time someone will chime in to correct it. Most of the time they are just trying to prevent you from wasting your time and money as they have already made that mistake before. What ever you do make sure your having fun and enjoying the WAYALIFE.

Another good point.:yup: All I could afford was a stock Rubi for 2 years. I was out wheeling just as much then as I am now. The advice received here on what would end up being my eventual upgrades was really valuable as I had no prior experience or knowledge.

You and Frank really hit the nail on the head. :clap2:

Well said. For Cindy and I, it's the people we get to wheel with, our friends, that make something like the JKX experience so much fun. In a lot of ways, the wheeling is just icing on the cake. Of course, you don't need to have a rig that ready for the JKX to have a good time with your friends. :cool:

Couldnt have said it any better....

noroad

I agreed very much!

This is so true, JKX is deff one of the most BA trips to go on and a life time bucket list thing to do, but its the people. I can tell you that wheeling at RC with the same couple guys who i now call close friends is my own mini JKX. Get out there wheel, make some new friends, and share some stories, this is the wayalife!(for meeee)

Last edited:
Get out there wheel, make some new friends, and share some stories, this is the wayalife!

^^^^ this should be an official slogan or something, good stuff right there. Its too easy to get caught up in the "build competition". Dont forget the rest of the big picture.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
^^^^ this should be an official slogan or something, good stuff right there. Its too easy to get caught up in the "build competition". Dont forget the rest of the big picture.

"More than just a Jeep - it's a WAYALIFE" is our slogan. :yup:

KingCopperhead

I agreed very much!

This is so true, JKX is deff one of the most BA trips to go on and a life time bucket list thing to do, but its the people. I can tell you that wheeling at RC with the same couple guys who i now call close friends is my own mini JKX. Get out there wheel, make some new friends, and share some stories, this is the wayalife!(for meeee)

I feel the same way about the folks I run rausch with. It's not as extreme as the jkx runs, but it's fun as can be. Made some wonderful friends through my local club, as well as a few folks here on wayalife, can't wait to wheel with some of you on our spring run.

Some great advice here and while I previously posted that I am building for the 16 jkx, I should clarify one thing.

Part of what I love about those jkx builds is that some of them are daily drivers. So for me, building a rig that I could drive to Rausch creek from NY, hit some gnarly trails, and then drive it home was very appealing to me. Having that level of capability and durability is so cool! We all have our reasons for the way we choose to build up our jeeps. Like others have said: take your rig out, wheel it and see what you're missing. Make some friends, take lots of pictures and videos. Drink a few beers, eat a few steaks, make a few memories. That's what this is all about.

kgw350

I will be signing up one of these years. Definitely not this year or next year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm still new to all this and yet, would love for one day to be able to be as capable as a JKX rig. But like the Eddy said, I think hits home. The experience that WAL has given me with my JK and others i've met has been some of the best memories I will ever had. One of my favorite JK experiences is watching people wonder why brand new JK/JKUs are headed into a trail to get dirty and scratched and possible dents. Pretty awesome to me. Dont build to the JKX but to build to make your own Xs in your JK

RDE2ROK

:crazyeyes: after almost 3 years of saving up, and buying the Right Parts! My jeep is in the shop and should be finished by the end of Feb. It will be JKX ready, but I am financialy drained!:doh: even though this is a trip of a lifetime I can't pull it off! At least I got close!!!:rock:

Top Bottom