Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

cpefy3

You could always snag a 8.25 out of the junkyard for cheap and have a direct bolt in. The 29 spline 8.25 with alloy shafts is decently strong.

Hack12

You could always snag a 8.25 out of the junkyard for cheap and have a direct bolt in. The 29 spline 8.25 with alloy shafts is decently strong.

Yeah, I'll have to keep my eyes open. Hard to find good stuff up here for decade and a half old vehicles that isn't completely rusted out.

Hack12

Plan C - The WAYALIFE XJ Build Thread

Lift finally in. Getting aligned now and then for a test drive to determine whether or not I'll have to do additional fender trimming. Also, may need to do a transfer case drop depending on whether or not I get driveline vibrations.

Hack12

Very slight driveline vibrations from 20-25mph. After trimming and adding washers, I'm still getting a bit of rubbing on the driver's side front bumper end at full lock when turning right.

Ordered a T-case drop kit and will do a bit more fender trimming once I fix my Dremel.

All in all, I'm very happy with the results!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420651480.758427.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420651505.790989.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420651531.122210.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420651559.443191.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420651590.533504.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420651617.311572.jpg

Rccrwlr

Funny how every time this thread gets bumped it not actually pictures of Plan C - The WAYALIFE XJ. Maybe a good time to start your own thread. The XJ looks great and we would love for you to share more details.
Very slight driveline vibrations from 20-25mph. After trimming and adding washers, I'm still getting a bit of rubbing on the driver's side front bumper end at full lock when turning right.

Ordered a T-case drop kit and will do a bit more fender trimming once I fix my Dremel.

All in all, I'm very happy with the results!

View attachment 118108

View attachment 118109

View attachment 118110

View attachment 118111

View attachment 118112

View attachment 118113

Hack12

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Thanks to Moby being out with a temp sensor issue and Rubicat out with a bad leak at the steering box, we've been driving Plan-C all week. Of course, after going to the store yesterday, I saw something on the ground that made me look up and see this...

IMG_0196.jpg

Just my luck :crazyeyes:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Just can't catch a break Eddie :shock: I hope the list stops there so you can catch up :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh jeez
Time for plan d or j truck build up

LOL!! Already driving Rusty now :D

Just can't catch a break Eddie :shock: I hope the list stops there so you can catch up :thumb:

They say bad things happens in 3's. Hopefully things start turning around now!!

eh, it's really my fault for not staying on top of maintenance the way I should have been. I've just been so busy these past 3 months but, now that we're done with the JKX videos, I can spend more time giving our Jeeps a little TLC :yup:

Damn! If only the BU was already out.... lol

LOL!! No kidding!! :cool:

Top Bottom