Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I like the line that has electrical tape wrapped around it, sorry to see 3 vehicles down at once tho.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the line that has electrical tape wrapped around it, sorry to see 3 vehicles down at once tho.

LOL!! Actually, that's Rescue Tape and if you don't have some in your tool box, you need to get some. Works awesome :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Actually, that's Rescue Tape and if you don't have some in your tool box, you need to get some. Works awesome :yup:

is that like a stretch and seal tape? We sell something close to that at my work which comes in 1" and 2" wide which I think I will finally have with me now that you mention it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
is that like a stretch and seal tape? We sell something close to that at my work which comes in 1" and 2" wide which I think I will finally have with me now that you mention it.

Yeah, something like that. It's self-vulcanizing so it has no adhesive and it can hold up to something like 1000 psi. Works great to repair hoses and stop leaks like what I had on one of the transmission cooler like quick connects :yup:

You need more jeeps Eddie. Time to pick up the toaster!

:cheesy: I'm working on it - just need Jeep to start selling them :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Yeah, something like that. It's self-vulcanizing so it has no adhesive and it can hold up to something like 1000 psi. Works great to repair hoses and stop leaks like what I had on one of the transmission cooler like quick connects :yup:

Yeah same stuff more of less, ours is just blue lol. Thanks again for the tip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was hoping that my problem was just a loose hose clamp but, it's definitely the water pump. Being that I got Moby running again, I'll have to take care of this when we get back home next week.

Hack12

Well, I was hoping that my problem was just a loose hose clamp but, it's definitely the water pump. Being that I got Moby running again, I'll have to take care of this when we get back home next week.

Bummer. Enjoy your trip!

Keep Mel out of trouble!! :crazyeyes:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Eddie any updates on Plan-C???? I know you guys have been busy, gotta feed the XJ addiction.

I had a chance to see it built up last week. I hadn't seen it since it was a stock XJ. I will say that it is one of the cleanest and perfectly built XJs I've ever seen.

vonguido

I had a chance to see it built up last week. I hadn't seen it since it was a stock XJ. I will say that it is one of the cleanest and perfectly built XJs I've ever seen.

Glad to hear it, hope he posts some updates soon. I'll be patiently waiting :munching:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, finally got to work on our XJ and among other things, I replaced the water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, air filter, changed the transfer case fluid, checked the transmission fluid, checked the brakes, changed the front and rear diff fluids, greased all the joints and did an oil change.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441939941.811571.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
^ I didn't know you had an XJ. Good to see your not JUST a JK guy. Now you just need a WJ !

LOL!! Ummm, we have an XJ, a Renegade, a J2000 and a C101 Jeepster Commando on top of the 2 built up JK's we have ;)

Top Bottom