King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Man, that sucks finding this out on an open jeep forum. :sigh:

I heard from an unnamed source that it had to do with knot tying skills...or lack thereof.

Could be. I was working on reading emails from a small company named Sony and just came across a shop call Offroad Revelations or something like that. Saw that same name, , as what's written above.

GCM 2

I heard from an unnamed source that it had to do with knot tying skills...or lack thereof.

Damn, this is not the news I was expecting to get on Christmas Eve.....

I wasted $37.99 at REI on "The Essential Knots For Any Situation" book, it even came with a piece of rope to practice with.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I wasted $37.99 at REI on "The Essential Knots For Any Situation" book, it even came with a piece of rope to practice with.

Got news for you…it's not Christmas Eve where these yahoos are from. :grayno:

With receiving bad news like that.... hope that the piece of rope isn't long enough to hang yourself in your state of depression...:cheesy:

GCM 2

1) How is your beard? I am hoping EPIC!

Well, sadly I am not rocking a beard on this trip. Unfortunately the site that I am working at I needed to fit a certain "profile" this time around, so clean shaven it is.

2) Are you going to recognize Mel?

Oh yeah, I immediately noticed his weight loss back when we raced the Vegas 2 Reno BITD race and he was pretty damn trim then. I have been following him on Facebook, plus some iMessaging back and forth since I have been overseas, so I have been keeping up with his progress. I am really proud of his accomplishment and super happy for him :rock:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Well KOH is about a month away and I'm now getting details hammered out for going. The plan is Thursday-Saturday.

Who else is going ?

Anyone leaving from Orange County area on Thursday ?

I haven't ever been so i will be hoping to tag along with some other Wayalife peeps that know their way around.

Is tent camping a good idea or is it too cold?

CJBrian

I will be there racing.

Tent camping is doable. Dealing with the cold really depends on how good of a sleeping bag you have. I have a 0 degree mummy bag and I'm fine. It's the wind you have to worry about in a tent. Couple years have been pretty bad.

CJBrian

Off Road Evolution / Discount Tire Team Update.

They had the random drawing tonight at 4WP for starting positions.

UTV'S (50 Total)

1915 (me) starts 8th from the back.

1951 (M4) and 1958 (Andrew) start mid pack same time.

Stock Class

4651 (EvoTJ) starts last. Back of the pack.

Stock Mod Class.

Andrew starts 3rd

4400 Ultra4 Class.

4451 (EVO1) qualifies Tues for Fridays race starting position.

Last edited:

David1tontj

Well KOH is about a month away and I'm now getting details hammered out for going. The plan is Thursday-Saturday.

Who else is going ?

Anyone leaving from Orange County area on Thursday ?

I haven't ever been so i will be hoping to tag along with some other Wayalife peeps that know their way around.

Is tent camping a good idea or is it too cold?

I am with this guy ^

Does anyone know a GPS coordinate or something for where Evo/wayalifers will be setting up? I'd love to be able to hang out with familiar faces an get the whole experience out of the trip.

GCM 2

I am with this guy ^

Does anyone know a GPS coordinate or something for where Evo/wayalifers will be setting up? I'd love to be able to hang out with familiar faces an get the whole experience out of the trip.

Well, it's not so much a coordinate, but more of ORE/EVO will be in the pits within Hammer Town. Unfortunately for those that want to co-locate with us for lodging/camping, it really isn't possible since the Team is camping in a seperate, and closed off, area for the race teams.

However, you can wander thru the pit areas throughout the race week (I think?) and visit with all of us while we are busy prepping and working on the race cars and race utv's.

GCM 2

Off Road Evolution / Discount Tire Team Update.

They had the random drawing tonight at 4WP for starting positions.

UTV'S (50 Total)

1915 (me) starts 8th from the back.

1951 (M4) and 1958 (Andrew) start mid pack same time.

Stock Class

4651 (EvoTJ) starts last. Back of the pack.

Stock Mod Class.

Didn't hear Andrews starting position.

4400 Ultra4 Class.

4451 (EVO1) qualifies Tues for Fridays race starting position.

I was just messaging with Mel on Facebook and he was giving me the updates for us...... So basically you're saying we all have a chance ;)

Also, guess who is now part of the Nitto sponsorhip team? Campbell Racing & Fabrication, that's right, Shannon Campbell is running Nitto's now!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was just messaging with Mel on Facebook and he was giving me the updates for us...... So basically you're saying we all have a chance ;)

Also, guess who is now part of the Nitto sponsorhip team? Campbell Racing & Fabrication, that's right, Shannon Campbell is running Nitto's now!

You better start packing your racing shoes. It's almost time!

GCM 2

Finally got the day off work! Trying to get there Thursday for the every mans race..

Hope to see you and Jen there my friend! We will have some of Jim's "special reserve" drinks by the fire pit again on Friday night after the Main Event ;)

Top Bottom