King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

Rayz

question...: i work fri sat &sundays...thinkinking its a weeklong event correct? would it be worth it and what day(mon - thurs) would you suggest to go just to check out vendors and such? is that even an option?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
question...: i work fri sat &sundays...thinkinking its a weeklong event correct? would it be worth it and what day(mon - thurs) would you suggest to go just to check out vendors and such? is that even an option?

Not sure I would go out there just to check out vendors.

I'll be on the lake bed, Wednesday the 28th, getting set up.
If you see me (watch the end of JKX 2011, the credits, that's me!!) stop me and introduce your self please.
If I look at you like you are crazy, sorry. I work with over 75 race teams, so I am always trying to "place" people.

:icon_crazy::beer:

Rayz

Not sure I would go out there just to check out vendors.
yeah...do they race during the week? i meant not just vendors..hence the "and such" poor choice of words on my part... but races to me are generally best viewed in their entirety from the comfort of my living room :cheesy:

There is some sort of "racing" almost every day.
LCQ is great because you get to see the teams qualify and go crazy.

yeah...do they race during the week? i meant not just vendors..hence the "and such" poor choice of words on my part... but races to me are generally best viewed in their entirety from the comfort of my living room :cheesy:

GCM 2

Ordered my pit passes tonight !

Nice! See you there.

Can you get them the day of?

As Overlander JK said, the "pit bands" are an insider thing that the race teams have instructions on how to procure them. However.....

..... You can get the wrist band for hammer town (day of is fine for $20).

....as Overlander states, you can get purchase the spectator wrist bands at the entrance as you turn off the hwy to head out onto the lakebed. I believe it should be just like in years past that you should have walking (no personal vehicles) access to the Pit/Vendor area throughout the race week. Once the race starts, the pit bands are a must to actually be near the race cars while being fueled and wrenched on next to the course.

Make sure to come by an introduce yourself :thumb:

rubicrawl

Ordered mine last night as well see you guys at the race will be there only Friday though my brother can't take any more days off

David1tontj

You need to work for a team in order to get a pit pass. You can get the wrist band for hammer town (day of is fine for $20) but you need to work for a team to get a pit pass.

Great. Thanks!

.as Overlander states, you can get purchase the spectator wrist bands at the entrance as you turn off the hwy to head out onto the lakebed. I believe it should be just like in years past that you should have walking (no personal vehicles) access to the Pit/Vendor area throughout the race week. Once the race starts, the pit bands are a must to actually be near the race cars while being fueled and wrenched on next to the course.

Make sure to come by an introduce yourself :thumb:

Thanks for the info Greg! I will certainly stop by to say hi!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Last year the booth was at gate 1. The year before the booth was on Boone road before you got to hammertown. You'll see it either way.

Robicon

I'm planning Tuesday & Wednesday. From past experience, what is preferred between apple valley and Yucca Valley (for the nights stay)?

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm going to out there working the even 2/3-2/5. Then I'll be out there spectating on Friday. Maybe I'll run into some of you. I was thinking of camping out there that night anyone have plans or an area set up? It'd be nice to meet up and hang out with some fellow Wayalifers.

Top Bottom