Labor Day Camping Trip - Slick Rock and

Crawler Kitty

Panda and I are going Camping we're going to camp starting Friday night at Sourgrass in Dorrington, Ca. And run slick rock on Saturday, Plans are as follows:

1. For those planning to camp:

Meet up in Arnold Ca at Meadowmont Shopping Center on Friday

2. For those that just want to join us for the Slick Rock day run

Meet up at trailhead

Camping is free but is on a first come basis. We will be securing campsites and Fire Permits (if allowed)but will need a head count for those of you planning to Camp. We would also like to know if you're joining us for the Slick Rock run so we don't leave anyone.

35's and rock rails recommended for Slick Rock.

Other notes it's Rubbersidedown's Birthday!!

So what do you say? anyone else want to join us?

Going Camping:
Crawler Kitty (1)
Panda (2)
Rubbersidedown/JK_Shottygirl (4)
2013rubirick (2)
JK_b/c_yolo (3)
TheStick (1)
CrippledPetey (2)
MagellanJenn (2)

Maybe Going/Camping
SierraSilver (5)
Justin Mazzon (1)

Maybe Going/Slick Rock Day Run

Last edited:

Panda

Guess I'm in... Here's some maps of where we'll be meeting and camping and slick rock trailhead,
Meet Friday at meadowmont shopping center once we see who's going and get some Eta's we'll post a meeting time ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407903309.682509.jpg
Here is the trailhead for sourgrass (purple pin) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407903358.639870.jpg
And slick rock trailhead 7n17 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407903455.407406.jpg

SierraSilver

Count us in as a maybe for camping and trail run. I'll know more after this weekends Poker Run in Markleville.
Marty

ohhh snap birthday! will except Jeep Parts, Jeep Parts Gift cards, Jeep Accessories, Jeep Apparel, slow and low rye whiskey, :thinking: or just a good time with good people if jeep budgets are tight.. haha :rock:

Crawler Kitty

ohhh snap birthday! will except Jeep Parts, Jeep Parts Gift cards, Jeep Accessories, Jeep Apparel, slow and low rye whiskey, :thinking: or just a good time with good people if jeep budgets are tight.. haha :rock:

LOL and Cash don't forget cold hard CASH! LOL! Should I put you down for 2 or 4 people attending? Lots of fishing,swimming and merriment to have for two pre/teenage boys!

Crawler Kitty

I really think we need to prerun slick rock Friday morning just to make sure it's in good shape for your Saturday trip. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think that would definitely be "purdent" (prudent in my best hillbilly accent!) :yup::clap2::thumb:

Panda

Oh dam I got you a FJ cruiser t shirt :grayno:

Panda

Have a 1 year old JK 2dr with 33" tires. Wife does not want any scratches yet. Do you think I could make this trail as I have mostly done moderate trails so far?

You can make it to camp on sourgrass trail it has a few challenges but stock jeeps do fine through it, I did slick rock with my 2dr on 33's but my rims as well as skids and undercarriage were scratched but you wouldn't likely scratch the body

spinuck

Have a 1 year old JK 2dr with 33" tires. Wife does not want any scratches yet. Do you think I could make this trail as I have mostly done moderate trails so far?

We had a stock 2dr rubicon run with us last year and he had no problem. I would think you'd be fine. It's really not that challenging, but great scenery.

There is a chance of damage in a couple spots but you should be fine. Put me down as a maybe. I really might be able to make it. I might be able to take Saturday morning off and just be back by 5 for work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SierraSilver

Let me know how many is "us" for the maybe and I'll modify the list.

5 of us, if I can convince my 12 year old daughter to come. We have camped at Alpine over Labor Day, and the trail is pretty busy with lots of camping along the way. Maybe she can stay with friends if they camp at Alpine. Should be a fun trip.

Top Bottom