Labor Day Camping Trip - Slick Rock and

There is a chance of damage in a couple spots but you should be fine. Put me down as a maybe. I really might be able to make it for camp. I
. I might be able to take Saturday morning off and just be back by 5 for work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure my jeep will be able to make the run because of Fordyce the week before though.

Crawler Kitty

Not sure my jeep will be able to make the run because of Fordyce the week before though.

Oh that's right you guys have a fun day, say "Hi" to CrippledPetey for us. Their whole crew going up or just the two of you? Imagine everyone else is back to school yes?

Hope you can make it Sat would love to see you guys. I have you and J down as a maybe on Saturday. Yay! Fingers crossed if we start early enough you'll get back before 5...last run was a fluke.

Crawler Kitty

Have a 1 year old JK 2dr with 33" tires. Wife does not want any scratches yet. Do you think I could make this trail as I have mostly done moderate trails so far?

Hi Justin soooo should I put you down as a maybe? And if so which list Camping or day run? And also how many will be attending?

Crawler Kitty

5 of us, if I can convince my 12 year old daughter to come. We have camped at Alpine over Labor Day, and the trail is pretty busy with lots of camping along the way. Maybe she can stay with friends if they camp at Alpine. Should be a fun trip.

Awesome I've updated the info on the list. Yep that's a fun area we're actually going up early to secure this nice area right along where the San Joaquin River pools and slows down with a really nice beach. All the sites are only 4WD accessible but this one takes a path off of the main trail and fingers out closer to the river than most of the other sites it's been much coveted by Panda and I and we're going to get it this year. :clap2:

Crawler Kitty

Wish I could make it, would be nice to meet some folks near where I live (Oakley). have fun!

Wish you could too hope to meet you soon. Panda and I joked about a Antioch/Delta S&G and how it would be just our two rigs but good to see there might be three instead! LOL. We live down the street from Skippolini's so if we had too many Sangrias we could walk home!

Oh that's right you guys have a fun day, say "Hi" to CrippledPetey for us. Their whole crew going up or just the two of you? Imagine everyone else is back to school yes?

Hope you can make it Sat would love to see you guys. I have you and J down as a maybe on Saturday. Yay! Fingers crossed if we start early enough you'll get back before 5...last run was a fluke.

Ya just Jason and I are going to Fordyce. We really might be able to come camp and do the run. I might just have to head out on Saturday a lil earlier then everyone else.

Hi Justin soooo should I put you down as a maybe? And if so which list Camping or day run? And also how many will be attending?

Hi Kitty:

Put me down as maybe. Would just be me. Camping. I might want to follow you guys up there as I'm not familiar with the area. When would you be leaving. Do you think the holiday weekend might be to crowded?
Have you made the slickrock run before, as it looks like you have a pretty standard jeep - no lockers, no large tires or lift?

Panda

Hi Kitty:

Put me down as maybe. Would just be me. Camping. I might want to follow you guys up there as I'm not familiar with the area. When would you be leaving. Do you think the holiday weekend might be to crowded?
Have you made the slickrock run before, as it looks like you have a pretty standard jeep - no lockers, no large tires or lift?

We are going up wed night to try to get the camp we want, we will drive back to Arnold fri eve to meet others who are coming, just to be clear we are not camping at slick rock, we are camping at sourgrass trail it's a fairly easy trail with a few challenges, stock jeeps can do sourgrass easily it's great for beginners you will be spotted in a few sections if needed, this camp is very secluded it will not be busy even on Labor Day weekend, on Saturday morning we will head to slick rock 20-30 minutes away then come back to camp again at sourgrass, though kitty can probably do slick rock in her jeep she will most likely ride in my jeep and leave her jeep at sourgrass camp, a 2dr on 33's can do slick rock though you will probably scratch a rim or two and rock rails are needed to keep you off the body, you can always come camp with us and ride in another jeep through slick rock, if your new to the rocks sourgrass trail is well worth the trip alone as well as great camping on the river with good food, wine, jeep story's and some American honey :yup:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Is anyone bringing kids or are they welcome on this trip? It sounds like a great trip.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
Heck yea bring the kids I believe there will be other kids too

Awesome, I'll let you guys know in the next day or two. We would love to come hang out and get on the rocks!

Crawler Kitty

Ya just Jason and I are going to Fordyce. We really might be able to come camp and do the run. I might just have to head out on Saturday a lil earlier then everyone else.

Awesome! When you say "we" are are you meaning you and Jill or are you talking about Jason, Jenn and the kiddos. Would love if all of you could make it. We'll have the pups too and maybe one or two of Panda's kids. I know you already know but for those of you that may not know there's good fishing too bring your poles!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Awesome! When you say "we" are are you meaning you and Jill or are you talking about Jason, Jenn and the kiddos. Would love if all of you could make it. We'll have the pups too and maybe one or two of Panda's kids. I know you already know but for those of you that may not know there's good fishing too bring your poles!

How far of a drive from Redding do you think it is? Any guess? The kiddos would love to fish!

Top Bottom