Ldogg's 2door Rubicon build

Ldogg

Got some pouches installed at lunch time. No sag at the moment but there isn't anything in the pouches yet. Need to add a couple smaller ones still I think. It's low so I need to get use it it right over my head.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383868545.838616.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383868554.951780.jpg

Ldogg

Yeah I am 5'5 and they bother me a bit. I was hoping it would have been higher, and so pouch selection is key. I am gonna leave it for a couple days and see what happens. The good thing is I can move it to the back for my kids when we go wheelin.

Ldogg

Got the side panels installed and the tailgate panel installed. I also messed around with the overhead panel and I think I have stuff where I want it now. I want to pickup a survival axe for the tailgate and move a few pouches around there but overall I am pleased with how it turned out.

Passenger side
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040702.082956.jpg

Driver side
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040729.983962.jpg

Tailgate
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040746.967764.jpg

Driver side closed
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040772.784181.jpg

Passenger side closed
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040809.225613.jpg

Overhead now
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040818.618020.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384040839.185575.jpg

Ldogg

Planning on buying my lift next month and tires at the beginning of the new year. I am torn a bit on tire size though. I want to go with a 2.5" RK lift, and it looks like I could run 37's with flat fenders. I am planning on getting a new front drive shaft and then sleeve and gusset the axles. Aside from gears what else would I need to run 37's? I may not be able to get the sleeves and gussets right away, but I probably won't get a change to wheel for a few months with lots going on next year. So could I run with 37's without the other upgrades as a DD for a month or two?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Planning on buying my lift next month and tires at the beginning of the new year. I am torn a bit on tire size though. I want to go with a 2.5" RK lift, and it looks like I could run 37's with flat fenders. I am planning on getting a new front drive shaft and then sleeve and gusset the axles. Aside from gears what else would I need to run 37's? I may not be able to get the sleeves and gussets right away, but I probably won't get a change to wheel for a few months with lots going on next year. So could I run with 37's without the other upgrades as a DD for a month or two?

I wouldn't even waste your money on sleeves. But I would get gussets before you get 37's. Even driving around town can bend the c's.

Ldogg

I wouldn't even waste your money on sleeves. But I would get gussets before you get 37's. Even driving around town can bend the c's.

Ok, they are pretty cheap too right? I was thinking about getting them burned on when I do get my lift.

Ldogg

Got an AEV rear bumper and tire carrier in today. I like how the tube wraps around and sorta matches the tube on my brawler lite. That will be this weekends project.
Also swapped out my handles for trek armor para cord handles.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389928482.592587.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389928494.793643.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389928506.595050.jpg

I also found a hard plastic jk body on eBay. Needs a paint job and the wheelbase/ride height tweaked but it's got potential

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389928528.713279.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389928580.050363.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389928588.484819.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Being in Colorado I naturally needed to get the top off, and doors off. I also picked up a spider web shade. I also picked up some dietech offroad mirror brackets. Since it does rain here once I a while I also got. TrekTop NX

View attachment 48095

How do those Dietech mirror brackets work when you put the doors back on? Can you leave them installed (minus the mirrors of course)? I have some Rugged Ridge ones that mount externally on the A pillar, but even without the mirrors in them, I can't open my door all the way without putting some bad dents in the sheetmetal. If you can leave these on when you put your doors back, I might have to pick some up.

Any more pictures you have of them would be awesome! :rock:

Sweet build by the way. Love what you've done so far.

Ldogg

How do those Dietech mirror brackets work when you put the doors back on? Can you leave them installed (minus the mirrors of course)? I have some Rugged Ridge ones that mount externally on the A pillar, but even without the mirrors in them, I can't open my door all the way without putting some bad dents in the sheetmetal. If you can leave these on when you put your doors back, I might have to pick some up.

Any more pictures you have of them would be awesome! :rock:

Sweet build by the way. Love what you've done so far.

They pop off when the doors go back on. The only pain is moving the mirrors back to the doors and honestly that's not really a big deal, it's only 2 screws per door. You unscrew one bolt in the door jamb and then The bracket slides into the door post. Tighten the door jamb screw and the torx nut in the door post and your done. You have to attach the mirror before the bracket. Then you remove it then the mirror. You can also get a second set of mirrors if you didn't want to move them but honestly it's like 5 minutes to swap them and the doors. Off/On.

Ldogg

Got everything installed yesterday, and wired up the diffused dually's and the CHSML this afternoon. I bought a backup camera that mounts to your license plate and I ran the video wire out from my trail dash. The camera mount is too big with the bulb in the plate holder so I think I am going to buy a different camera. It was $15 on eBay and the vendor has round cameras that can be mounted anywhere. I am thinking about getting a uni-bit and mounting it in the bumper just above the hitch. This either that or above the CHSML and tie it into the brake lite power. Not sure yet.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390262636.277181.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390262644.394457.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390262654.028425.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390262662.363517.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390262670.480161.jpg

Ldogg

Haha no shit! Hinrich and I were just talking about getting these today! Let me know how you like it cause I may pick it up for the GF so she doesn't freeze on some days

Sent from my iPhone

Hahaha sure. It looks pretty slick. I figure with the doors and top off it may come in handy on those crisp spring mornings driving down the highway.

Top Bottom