Ldogg's 2door Rubicon build

Ldogg

Well I decided to go a different route with the half doors. I think the OEM ones look amazing, but in the end it's going to cost about 2k. So I decided to get tube doors, specifically Rancho since I can also get Shade inserts for them from SpiderWebShade. I ordered the doors and the shade this afternoon so hopefully by middle of next week when it's 80 I can try them out. I also decided to be daring and get the white shade. I am not sure how it's going to hold up to the dirt and sun but I think it's going to look pretty bad ass. Here's a couple stock pics of what it looks like in all black. The tube doors will still be black but the mesh will be white.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399059009.824528.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399059016.989116.jpg

Ldogg

Shades showed up yesterday, doors will be here today. I also picked up a poison spyder evap skid.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399386710.410056.jpg

Ldogg

Thanks! The shade is what sold them for me. I have heard the shade works with the bestop doors to, but I prefer the powder coat finish vs the glossy painted bestop ones.

Ldogg

Ohhh so that's what you made them for! That's pretty sweet and a good idea! Doors like sweet by the way

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks! Yeah I saw someone on Facebook making those and after I bought the doors I thought it would be a slick way to do it. They are super simple to make and only take about 10 minutes each.

Ldogg

Thanks! I still need to tweet the rubber isolator on the passenger side but happy with them for sure.

Ldogg

Next up is the Poison Spyder Evap skid. I got it in yesterday and just need to nail down some time to install it! After that will be diff covers and then exhaust, protek skids and then a 50" rigid SR series I think. We will see. I am also looking at a new head unit. I saw a pretty sweet looking sony with a bunch of bells and whistles so I may look into that. How hard is that to swap out? I have never messed with car audio before.

Ldogg

Contemplating gears after driving to Denver a few times. Thinking 4.88's but debating on 5:13's. I have heard 4:88's are the way to go on a 2 door with the 3.8 and 35's. I also bricked my traildash this afternoon. Sending that in for repair tomorrow. I was updating it to see if I could get it to set the right tire size and correct the speedo. It had 35's listed but it was about 5 mph off at 65,

Ldogg

We had severe thunderstorms blow through this afternoon with large hail and winds. Lasted about 30 minutes but that's all it took.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400729176.375117.jpg

Guess I am looking at replacement windows tomorrow or a Trektop NX in twill.... :)

pvanweelden

It had 35's listed but it was about 5 mph off at 65,
If it is like the settings on the procal, you need to actually measure your true tire height, which is probably somewhere around 34", not 35
Sucks about your back window :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom