Ldogg's 2door Rubicon build

Ldogg

If it is like the settings on the procal, you need to actually measure your true tire height, which is probably somewhere around 34", not 35
Sucks about your back window :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ended up trying to update the trail dash and it bricked itself.... Been one of those weeks.... So I ended up using my Aeroforce gauge to set it and it's within a mph now. Funny thing was when I set it I entered in the size wrong. I put 27131 instead of rounding up the 1 and entering 02713. My speedo when from 0-100 at 5mph roll from a dead stop :) quickly figured that out.

Ldogg

I plan on calling them tomorrow and seeing if I can just buy that rear window. I know I can get all 3 for about $254

Ldogg

I talked to bestop this morning and they have just the single window available as a replacement. 130 with tax and shipped.

Ldogg

Got some new goodies on the way. I just ordered a rock hard 4x4 sport cage and since that will interfere with my trek armor shade I bought a new spiderwebshade but this time I went white to match the door shades. Talked to the power coater and he said it's probably about $75 bux to do it in satin black.

Ldogg

Yes that's how it showed up. Everything was ok in the box and I guess since it's raw it doesn't matter to much, but it could used some expanding foam.

Ldogg

Decided to leave it in for a couple days. Going to pull it tomorrow night, and drop it off for powder coat. Thinking black, or dark carbon grey.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401774388.484035.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401774400.966469.jpg

Ldogg

Swapped out my trek armor mesh shade for a color matched spider web shade because of the T bar on the sport cage and the fact that it was in the same spot as the MOLLE panel on the trek armor. I may see if I can get a molle sleeve for the t bar but I most likely will just leave it off. Less things to walk away when the top and doors are off.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401806729.254523.jpg

Ldogg

How hard was the install? Your rig is looking sick by the way! :thumbup:

The cage was pretty straight forward. I read the install write up a few times and had a rubber mallet handy to tap in the dash bar. I didn't drill the tub yet but I don't see any issues with that as long as you measure 5 times and drill once... :) I drilled and installed my rear corners so I don't see it being to much of an issue. I didn't install the Top bar and T bar but I don't see any issues there. That should be the easiest part, aside from drilling the speaker bar.

DA RUNT

The cage was pretty straight forward. I read the install write up a few times and had a rubber mallet handy to tap in the dash bar. I didn't drill the tub yet but I don't see any issues with that as long as you measure 5 times and drill once... :) I drilled and installed my rear corners so I don't see it being to much of an issue. I didn't install the Top bar and T bar but I don't see any issues there. That should be the easiest part, aside from drilling the speaker bar.

Niiice, hey mines sitting in the garage. Would you mind coming over and installing it before I get home from deployment lol :cheesy:

Ldogg

Dropped off the cage at the powder coater. Going with steel grey which is dark like the interior and has flake in it. It not exactly as dark but close in the sun.

Top Bottom