LED Fog Light Options

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I just ordered the EiKO ones, PN# H1042CVSU-BP. ETA is Saturday. I'll take a pic comparing them to stock.

etl330

I have ones from a company called inspired engineering. They are plug and play and come with the bracket for the bumper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PIAA makes a set of LED lights that go right in the OEM bumper location. Not sure if they match the Trucklites. I use these PIAAs in my LoD bumper. I dont have Trucklites yet. Still running stock headlights in my 2012.

JAGS

Hooked
I have ones from a company called inspired engineering. They are plug and play and come with the bracket for the bumper

PIAA makes a set of LED lights that go right in the OEM bumper location. Not sure if they match the Trucklites. I use these PIAAs in my LoD bumper. I dont have Trucklites yet. Still running stock headlights in my 2012.

You guys have links and/or pics to the ones you're talking about.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I still have the JW's. I suppose I'll ship them if anyone is still interested. Picking up the Jeep tomorrow so if there is some interest, you can meet me at ORE or I'll toss them in a USPS priority mail box mañana.

JAGS

Hooked

Well, yeah, I figured that out ;) but was hoping for their real life pics and maybe some sales links. I'm too damn cheap to spend that much on fogs when I already have TLs. Retail for those are crazy.

I'm waiting see how the bulbs you got look and will probably go one of those directions. Can do from $35-$50 with a decent bulb swap. :thumb:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Well, yeah, I figured that out ;) but was hoping for their real life pics and maybe some sales links. I'm too damn cheap to spend that much on fogs when I already have TLs. Retail for those are crazy.

I'm waiting see how the bulbs you got look and will probably go one of those directions. Can do from $35-$50 with a decent bulb swap. :thumb:

Jags, you got your TL for free... stop whining... hahaha

JAGS

Hooked
Jags, you got your TL for free... stop whining... hahaha

Uh...exactly. So I'm certainly not going to pay half+ of what TLs "would" cost for fogs. If I'm going to spend that kind of coin, I'd get a 20"+ light bar or something like that. I more just want the light quality/appearance of the fogs to match LED.

LoPo

Caught the Bug

I'll install one in place of my OEM that burnt out as soon as they get here and grab a pic of that night. We'll see if they actually get here on Saturday or not.

chris h.

Well I ordered the CREE ones and was just informed 6000k is on back order. They have 5000k though, would that look funny?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Well I ordered the CREE ones and was just informed 6000k is on back order. They have 5000k though, would that look funny?

I believe the TL Gen2's are 5,800k. I can't imagine the difference being terribly noticeable.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Ok finally got around to taking pics of the Fog Bulbs I bought. PN# mentioned above.

This pic is from the cab forward and just fogs turned on. The right bulb was replaced. It's noticeably brighter.
1409196081475.jpg

This pic is looking at the bulbs. The new bulb is on the left, OEM on the right. Slight color difference as well.

1409196111235.jpg

This pic is with the truck lites on as well.

1409196178221.jpg

I'm good with the $13 bulbs for now. A tad brighter and clearer than OEM.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

chris h.

This is what I did to match my truck lites:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/5202-H16-9009-XenonDepot-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-p/xd-5202-led.htm

All you have to do is slice one of the alignment pins with a razor blade. I am pretty happy with the results, the 6000k match perfectly, and under $50, I'm in. View attachment 93108

View attachment 93109

This is what they looked like before.....
View attachment 93110

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Here's where I ordered them from. I wanted the 6000k but they were on backorder.

Top Bottom