Let's see those expedition rigs!!

NTXRUBICON

I would say to get 3 of the Surrco cross bars to make it awesome I purchased 2 but it need 3. You will have to call Surrco direct to get a single bar setup but its cheapest to get all the other mount on amazon

Absolutely zero rattles though which is awesome if you mount it like they recommend I tried to cut corners at first but realized that was not what needed to happen

rubicrawl

I would say to get 3 of the Surrco cross bars to make it awesome I purchased 2 but it need 3. You will have to call Surrco direct to get a single bar setup but its cheapest to get all the other mount on amazon

Absolutely zero rattles though which is awesome if you mount it like they recommend I tried to cut corners at first but realized that was not what needed to happen

Lol will do I always try to cut corners too but I'll try not too

10frank9

Web Wheeler

If you don't mind discussing the price, what did it cost for you to buy the roof rack and basket?

jhires

I wouldn't mind seeing how you attached the wires that protect your windshield.

Here in the PNW, you are more likely to be on a trail that has branches sticking out into it, than not.

BadApple

Here in the PNW, you are more likely to be on a trail that has branches sticking out into it, than not.

^^x2 We go on lots of trails with over hanging brush

NTXRUBICON

If you don't mind discussing the price, what did it cost for you to buy the roof rack and basket?

Ok for the xj rack I picked it up at the junk yard for $25
The Surcco basket I cheated "lucked out!"and also got it at the junk yard for $25 "but I powder coated it for $100" They normally run about $350
for the mounting hardware which they call them "high hats" $15 dollars direct from Surrco
For the Surrco J100 mounts I found them on amazon for $75 shipped for qty of 4
Last but not least I got the Surrco S53 cross bars on Amazon as well and they where $108 for the pair

Hope it helps!

NTXRUBICON

Here are some pics of the project if these are not what you need let me know and I will go snap some more shots for you.
Hope it helps!

Attachments

• securedownload-14.jpg
    securedownload-14.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 196
  • securedownload-15.jpg
    securedownload-15.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 197
  • securedownload-16.jpg
    securedownload-16.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 196
  • securedownload-18.jpg