Level 8 Pro Wheels - Built by Enthusiasts, FOR Enthusiasts

NCRUBI2012

DT - I have received my Bully Pros but I don't care much for the yellow zinc lug nuts. Can I change to black? I assume same part number but BC at the end. Would local DT have these or do they need to order? Can they order? image-1127743164.jpg image-2487953610.jpg

BTW for anyone wanting to change the color Fastenal has allen head replacement in black for the rings. $27 for 100. Size is M6...measure for length....can't recall what that was.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Thank you for choosing Discount Tire, NCRUBI2012 :thumb: Looking forward to seeing your new Pro Series wheels mounted up!

The zinc plated lug nuts are included automatically when you purchase four(4) Level 8 Pro Series wheels; there is no option to swap them for a different color. If you prefer black lug hardware we can certainly accommodate that. The black finish steel racing lug kit pictured above runs $105.00 with FREE delivery. We also have a black finish steel spline drive lug kit available which runs $45.00 with FREE delivery.

PM coming your way.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

where can I order those lugs? Im looking for a set of the golds.

We have the yellow zinc lug kits available through our mail order division, Discount Tire Direct. The part number for the 1/2" kit is 82288 and runs $115.00 with FREE delivery. Shoot us a PM with your name and number when you're ready to pull the trigger and we'll make sure you're taken care of :thumb:

Last edited:

BigBoy

Ok this may be a stupid question, but here goes. I really am liking these bully wheels but the offset on the 17's is too low for my taste. I'd like my tires to stick out a bit more like with the 15's. But my jeep came with 17's so what are the advantages or disadvantages of a smaller wheel? Anything mechanically I would need to worry about like the rim clearance on steering or breaks or anything? Planning on running a 35x12.5 tire.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Ok this may be a stupid question, but here goes. I really am liking these bully wheels but the offset on the 17's is too low for my taste. I'd like my tires to stick out a bit more like with the 15's. But my jeep came with 17's so what are the advantages or disadvantages of a smaller wheel? Anything mechanically I would need to worry about like the rim clearance on steering or breaks or anything? Planning on running a 35x12.5 tire.

There are pros and cons to both and the right combination will depend on what you're looking for out of your new set-up, as will your budget. You may want to give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 to review your options; anyone of our sales agents will be happy to help you pick the right combination for your needs :thumb:

Here are a few quick thoughts to consider:
*Please note we are treating 17" and 15" tires as if they are of equal diameter and width.

• 17" wheels and tires typically handle better on road when compared to 15" wheels and tires.
  • 15" wheels and tires tend to perform better when aired down for rock crawling.
  • There is a larger selection of 17" wheels to choose from in the 5-5 bolt pattern.
  • 15" tire and wheel packages typically weigh less when compared to 17" packages.
  • 15" wheels may not work with larger TREs where 17" wheels often do.
  • 17" wheels usually accommodate larger brake upgrades where 15" typically won't.

For reference, the 15x8.5 ET-26 Pro wheels sit 1/4" further out when compared to the 17x9 ET-12 Pro wheels.

Last edited:

BigBoy

There are pros and cons to both and the right combination will depend on what you're looking for out of your new set-up, as will your budget. You may want to give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 to review your options; anyone of our sales agents will be happy to help you pick the right combination for your needs :thumb:

Here are a few quick thoughts to consider:
*Please note we are treating 17" and 15" tires as if they are of equal diameter and width.

• 17" wheels and tires typically handle better on road when compared to 15" wheels and tires.
  • 15" wheels and tires tend to perform better when aired down for rock crawling.
  • There is a larger selection of 17" wheels to choose from in the 5-5 bolt pattern.
  • 15" tire and wheel packages typically weigh less when compared to 17" packages.
  • 15" wheels may not work with larger TREs where 17" wheels often do.
  • 17" wheels usually accommodate larger brake upgrades where 15" typically won't.

For reference, the 15x8.5 ET-26 Pro wheels sit 1/4" further out when compared to the 17x9 ET-12 Pro wheels.

Awesome thanks for that last bit of info. I was thinking the 15' would stick out more. I don't think a 1/4 inch will be much difference to notice.

Discount Tire

This is for the CJ5 fans... 15x8.5 (3.75" BS) Level 8 Bully Pro wheels mounted with 35x12.50R-15 BFGoodrich KM2 tires.

20151210_113653_HDR_zpscasuiuda.jpg

20151210_113458_zpswmv2diew.jpg

Sessoms14X

Man I really like the look of these bully pros, but I also like the look of slabs. Would there be any pros or cons between the 2?

Top Bottom