Level 8 Pro Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Frog

So I just got off my lazy ... and looked at this thread.

I absolutely love the way these rims look on the Commando green rig with the painted ring. Best part is the wife unit loved it too.
We will be standing by and checking in often.

Approx. 200 per rim? A very fair price I think.

UpsideUp

I put a set of 5 Level 8 ZX's on my rig last September and America Tire said they would have the scratch guards in by November as they were back ordered. Fast forward to February and they said wait till March. Still no word on my back ordered scratch guards. I hope there is better luck for those of you ordering the Pro's. As someone mentioned....I guess I wait.:yawn37:

Discount Tire

can these be ordered in polished? I'm going old school!
already have my black wheels sold! :beer:

There aren't any plans for these in a polished finish. If you are in love with the wheels and ambitious you may be able to strip the paint, polish them and then have a clear coat put on them. I know there is a clear powdercoat finish that exists these days so that could be an option.

So I just got off my lazy ... and looked at this thread.

I absolutely love the way these rims look on the Commando green rig with the painted ring. Best part is the wife unit loved it too.
We will be standing by and checking in often.

Approx. 200 per rim? A very fair price I think.

Right on! We'll post updates here as we receive them.

I put a set of 5 Level 8 ZX's on my rig last September and America Tire said they would have the scratch guards in by November as they were back ordered. Fast forward to February and they said wait till March. Still no word on my back ordered scratch guards. I hope there is better luck for those of you ordering the Pro's. As someone mentioned....I guess I wait.:yawn37:

What size are your ZX wheels?

jeeeep

Hooked
ok I'm ready for my set with the red hub rings ... my Jeep will be out of the repair shop in the next 2 weeks and deserves some new wheels for our road trips :thumb:

UpsideUp

What size are your ZX wheels?[/QUOTE]

17". I love the wheel....don't get me wrong. But one of the cool features about this wheel, and truth be told, the reason I went this wheel over a similar wheel of same type was the protector. As well as the ring was in black which would cover the silver rings that are currently around the rim.

Discount Tire

17". I love the wheel....don't get me wrong. But one of the cool features about this wheel, and truth be told, the reason I went this wheel over a similar wheel of same type was the protector. As well as the ring was in black which would cover the silver rings that are currently around the rim.

17". I love the wheel....don't get me wrong. But one of the cool features about this wheel, and truth be told, the reason I went this wheel over a similar wheel of same type was the protector. As well as the ring was in black which would cover the silver rings that are currently around the rim.[/QUOTE]

We have the 17" rings in stock though our mail order division. PC: 87264 give us a call at 1.888.459.4080. We can ship them today.

MICP3309

I know there was some tweaking the design and what not. I have to replace my tires on my ride quite soon, and have the 37s to go on, but can not put those on my stock wheels... any ideas on (even an approximate timeline) for the release? just trying to figure out if I should grab a set of steel wheels for the time being until these are out, or hold off for these. Thanks!

Discount Tire

I know there was some tweaking the design and what not. I have to replace my tires on my ride quite soon, and have the 37s to go on, but can not put those on my stock wheels... any ideas on (even an approximate timeline) for the release? just trying to figure out if I should grab a set of steel wheels for the time being until these are out, or hold off for these. Thanks!

Here's the last update we have from Level 8. This was posted on their FB page on the 18th.

"An update on the new PRO Series.......we are in the midst of a slight re-design to the outer lips that will affect how the scratch guards rings will sit on the wheel. It has pushed back production, but this is best for all that plan to run the rings and do some off-roading! We caught a slight issue and we are going to do this right or not at all! More updates to come! We are eye-balling August/September." - Level 8 Wheels​

I may have missed it as I have been loosely following this thread. I saw where you listed the available sizes (when available) but not what back spacing each would have. What will the BS options be for a 17x9. (hoping you will say there is a 3.5 available)

Discount Tire

Update!

The guys from Level 8 stopped by to drop off a sample of the finished Bully Pro. I jumped at the opportunity and snapped some pics. Check it out! Level 8 ended up making a slight change to the front wheel lip to give the overall wheel with scratch guard a slimmer profile. ETA is still looking like September. We will let everyone know when we start taking pre-orders.

Also, something else we may not have pointed out. These wheels have stepped inner bead seats (opposed to rounded). Level 8 has done this to help increase bead retention for those that air down on the trail. You can see these stepped bead seats below as well.

Bullypro_Final_2_zps97c81f0b.jpg

Bullypro_Final_lip_zpse37fdc18.jpg

Top:
Bullypro_beadseatstop_zpsed462fc3.jpg

Bottom:
Bullypro_beadseatsbottom_zps6ea29fd8.jpg

DukeofJeep

Do you by chance have any pics with the rock ring installed? I am not familiar with the way the previous version of the wheel looked when it was naked for reference.

Discount Tire

Do you by chance have any pics with the rock ring installed? I am not familiar with the way the previous version of the wheel looked when it was naked for reference.

Look at Post #85. They will look exactly like it does in those pictures but the ring will be black.

DukeofJeep

Yea I have read thru the thread and am familiar with how the wheels look. Just trying to get an idea of what changes were made and how much less the rings will protrude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom