Life on the Road

JakeJK

Haha, true.... although I think I am somehwat used to mosquito bites by now.... for some reason they just don't bother me that much! But that Clam screen room sure comes in handy when I'm eating!

Here's the newest video.... from my quick stopover in the Alabama Hills in Lone Pine, CA! :cool:

I wish there was an Alabama hills type place in Alabama :/

doojer

Just catching up on your videos. I was without hi speed internet for the last couple weeks on vacation and it was great!

Still enjoying the videos and thanks for posting!
Welcome back! Always good to get off the grid. :cool: Glad you're still enjoying the vids!

My list of places I want to check out grows yet again, thanks to your videos! Not sure you'll convince me to go to LA, but who knows? Thanks & looking forward to the next one.
Hey, thanks! great to hear people are enjoying these! I won't lie, LA is definitely not one of my favorite places... But, hey, I got to get some work done here and there! :D I did manage to find a nice little spot in downtown Long Beach and that video is getting posted in just a minute!

Great thread, Subscribed!!
Thank you! Really great to hear!

Hey Matt,
Love Alabama Hills!! Camping there is always nice.
Sorry to hear you have to go back to civilization :)
Hope all is well.
thanks, Doug! Yeah, civilization is tough... But, hey, I gotta do what I gotta do!

Grats there is no way the wife would go for that. :clap2:
Haha, believe me I am very aware of this! You are welcome to live vicariously through me until she comes around! :D

doojer

So.... I'm back in LA County now doing some business and found myself a nice little campsite in downtown Long Beach. Definitely a stark contrast to the boondocking I've been doing but a really great place to get some work done. Here's the vid!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So.... I'm back in LA County now doing some business and found myself a nice little campsite in downtown Long Beach. Definitely a stark contrast to the boondocking I've been doing but a really great place to get some work done. Here's the vid!

LOL!!! Too cool. Cindy and I used to work in downtown Long Beach. Place has changed a lot over the years. Thanks for posting this :cool:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Finally got all caught up on your videos myself. I am definitely envious of how you are living right now. Thank you for the continued updates. :yup:

doojer

LOL!!! Too cool. Cindy and I used to work in downtown Long Beach. Place has changed a lot over the years. Thanks for posting this :cool:
It's totally gentrified! It's crazy. But a lot of nice places have popped up.

:eek:

Enjoying all the video updates, their awesome...thanks!!
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying them! :yup:

Finally got all caught up on your videos myself. I am definitely envious of how you are living right now. Thank you for the continued updates. :yup:
Haha its certainly an adventure.... I'm loving it so far!Thanks for checking out the vids! :cool:

How cool is this? Video blog of life on the road.

What camera are you using?

sub'd
Hey Sudz! Believe it or not, I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S5! It has an amazing camera. :thumbup:

JAGS

Hooked

Never knew that little RV spot was there. Very cool location near downtown. Wife and I went to CSULB and it is amazing to go back and see how developed and commercial that area has become.

doojer

Never knew that little RV spot was there. Very cool location near downtown. Wife and I went to CSULB and it is amazing to go back and see how developed and commercial that area has become.

It's nuts! They have really done a lot with the area in the last few years.... it's a really great place to stay! Thanks for watching the vid! :cool:

I've posted a new one up from my stay in Malibu at the Malibu Beach RV Park! Not exactly the cheapest park in the world and not at all in the middle of nowhere.... but man, summer living doesn't get much better than this when ya gotta keep on working! Enjoy! :D

jesse3638

Hooked
That's awesome. Looks like you are truly enjoying your decision to take life on the road and enjoy every moment of it (and who wouldn't with ever changing beautiful views). That's something that most would have to wait until retirement to do. I have to say I'm envious..;)

doojer

Awesome! Haven't been down to the Malibu area in years. Looks like a nice place to stay. :cool:
It's crazy nice. The views here don't even look real! Thanks for watching, Eddie! :D

That's awesome. Looks like you are truly enjoying your decision to take life on the road and enjoy every moment of it (and who wouldn't with ever changing beautiful views). That's something that most would have to wait until retirement to do. I have to say I'm envious..;)
Thanks, Jesse! I'm certainly enjoying it so far. I'm lucky to have a job that let's me travel and work from "home".... we'll see where it all takes me! Appreciate you watching! :yup:

I've been watching your videos for a few weeks and this is the first chance I've had to comment. Since I retired a couple years ago, I've had my eye on RVs but Tom has no interest in pulling a trailer OR driving an RV, which means buying one is a definite "no." I really love your Casita. It's a good size for 1-2 people. And all the places you stay are awesome. I really enjoy watching your videos and I look forward to seeing your next adventure.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. :thumb:

doojer

Great video! Definitely a great location, thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Frank! I'm staying around this area for a bit, so more beachy vids coming your way soon! :)

I've been watching your videos for a few weeks and this is the first chance I've had to comment. Since I retired a couple years ago, I've had my eye on RVs but Tom has no interest in pulling a trailer OR driving an RV, which means buying one is a definite "no." I really love your Casita. It's a good size for 1-2 people. And all the places you stay are awesome. I really enjoy watching your videos and I look forward to seeing your next adventure.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. :thumb:
Thanks! Really appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment. :cool: The Casita is a perfect trailer for singles and couples who want to keep it simple and go. There is a 16' version-- 3' longer than mine-- that has a side dinette, which converts to a 2nd, single bed. Its still real light so pulling it with a JK is no problem! Happy Jeeping! :D

Top Bottom