Lift (Shocks & Springs) Company I'd trust

BenJKWrangler15

So researching through the internet, distributors websites, company sites and all, here's a list I came up with so far - on which companies I'd go for when I'll put on a lift on my 2015 Jeep JK Raccøøn.

- Rancho
- Metalcloack
- Rock Hard 4x4
- AEV
- ARB Old Man Emu
- Bilstein
- Currie Enterprises
- Eibach (OUT OF THE PICTURE - See reply #29 to #31)
- Energy Suspension
- EVO MFG
- Fabtech
- Fox
- GenRight Off Road
- Mountain Off Road
- King Shocks
- Synergy MFG
- Superlift
- Rusty's Off Road

If I left out any major USA company or manufacturer, please feel free to add on to this list.

The company stated above are, after extended research on the "About Us" sections and "Reviews" sections of each & every company website. Targeting US companies and part manufacturer as much as possible, as I know I'll be investing in approved and tested steel, springs & shocks that won't give up on me in the long run.

What's your pick? Let's hear it!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466970527.271307.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm

EVO MFG and Rancho would be my two go tos on that list.

I don't have experience will all of them, but I'd stay away from Metalcloak and fabtech.

Just my opinion though :)

Rottenbelly

See signature. ....
But to be fair all I ran was the metalcloak arms. Been on my old jeep 4 years now with no problems.
I am still trying to decide what lift to do on my new jeep.

SuperSlim

I have a buddy who installed Rancho less than a year ago and destroyed a control arm and track bar here in Kansas. No complaining, he replaced it all with Synergy.

bthomas

I can give my opinion on the AEV 2.5 for a 2 door. With a bone stock JK they gave a bit over 3" and was a very rough ride combined with 33" KM2's. Fast forward to getting steel bumpers, tire carrier, winch, rock rails, skids, and 35's, it was a much better ride, and I had 2.5" on the money front and rear. With that being said I still thought it was too stiff for my purposes, especially the rear. The rear coils felt like they had very little transition from whatever rate they were at at ride height to whatever the firmest rate is, (AEV won't disclose rates for comparison) it would about break your neck if you missed seeing a rock, or a diagonal rut in the trail, the rear had a weird kind of push up over square edge stuff or dips/speed bumps. Washboards were pretty entertaining to say the least!!! Drifting a 2dr was pretty fun! After 5 years of dealing with that, I got Old Man Emu 2" Stock/No Load (2615/2617) linear coils front and rear. Same set up as above, nothing else changed except coils. I still got 2-1/4" front and 2-3/4" in the rear. The difference is night and day! Now planted on washboards, way more compliant, forgiving, plush and comfortable for what I do, usually slow stuff, rocks and a few 25-35mph FS type roads and DD duty. Looking back, I wish I'd have made that choice the first time around. I wasn't sure if my harsh ride was coming from the coils or shocks, now I know. I will say the AEV Bilstein 5100's for the 2.5 are butterific!!! I can use a longer shock now with the OME coils, I would keep them on if they were a bit longer. They nailed it on shock tuning, just missed the mark on the rear coils, at least for my set up/uses. FWIW my 35's are MTR's at 28psi on road and 8-10 off. Sorry this was a little long winded, hope it helps.

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
I'm probably the odd man out but BDS is what I run. The 3 inch lift gave me 3.5 inches and it rides good. I have added front and rear bumpers, 37 inch spare, skids and other heavy metal armor and it stays at 3 + inches. I've loaded it with gear and passengers for some serious off road and it does not lose ride height.
My 2 cents.

DMF

I recently switch out my Mopar (Terra Flex) springs to the EVO Plush Rides. Both springs felt similar when driving on hwy etc but when cruising on dirt. rocky roads the EVO springs makes the Jeep quieter and a bit smoother when driving fast over those little annoying rocks.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I recently switch out my Mopar (Terra Flex) springs to the EVO Plush Rides. Both springs felt similar when driving on hwy etc but when cruising on dirt. rocky roads the EVO springs makes the Jeep quieter and a bit smoother when driving fast over those little annoying rocks.

So there wasn't a huge difference? I was planning on doing the same thing! What shocks are you running?

BenJKWrangler15

Good to know [emoji134]🏼[emoji558][emoji592][emoji100]

I'm probably the odd man out but BDS is what I run. The 3 inch lift gave me 3.5 inches and it rides good. I have added front and rear bumpers, 37 inch spare, skids and other heavy metal armor and it stays at 3 + inches. I've loaded it with gear and passengers for some serious off road and it does not lose ride height.
My 2 cents.

[emoji108]

I can give my opinion on the AEV 2.5 for a 2 door. With a bone stock JK they gave a bit over 3" and was a very rough ride combined with 33" KM2's. Fast forward to getting steel bumpers, tire carrier, winch, rock rails, skids, and 35's, it was a much better ride, and I had 2.5" on the money front and rear. With that being said I still thought it was too stiff for my purposes, especially the rear. The rear coils felt like they had very little transition from whatever rate they were at at ride height to whatever the firmest rate is, (AEV won't disclose rates for comparison) it would about break your neck if you missed seeing a rock, or a diagonal rut in the trail, the rear had a weird kind of push up over square edge stuff or dips/speed bumps. Washboards were pretty entertaining to say the least!!! Drifting a 2dr was pretty fun! After 5 years of dealing with that, I got Old Man Emu 2" Stock/No Load (2615/2617) linear coils front and rear. Same set up as above, nothing else changed except coils. I still got 2-1/4" front and 2-3/4" in the rear. The difference is night and day! Now planted on washboards, way more compliant, forgiving, plush and comfortable for what I do, usually slow stuff, rocks and a few 25-35mph FS type roads and DD duty. Looking back, I wish I'd have made that choice the first time around. I wasn't sure if my harsh ride was coming from the coils or shocks, now I know. I will say the AEV Bilstein 5100's for the 2.5 are butterific!!! I can use a longer shock now with the OME coils, I would keep them on if they were a bit longer. They nailed it on shock tuning, just missed the mark on the rear coils, at least for my set up/uses. FWIW my 35's are MTR's at 28psi on road and 8-10 off. Sorry this was a little long winded, hope it helps.

Damn... Good read.

I have a buddy who installed Rancho less than a year ago and destroyed a control arm and track bar here in Kansas. No complaining, he replaced it all with Synergy.

What caused the destruction?

Companies I have on my jeep or world make the cut.
Not just suspension

Good thing I made that list, now it's even shorter.

See signature. ....
But to be fair all I ran was the metalcloak arms. Been on my old jeep 4 years now with no problems.
I am still trying to decide what lift to do on my new jeep.

Let us know how it goes for you! Hopefully you'll benefit this post.

EVO MFG. Love the way it rides

Haven't heard anything bad about them so far so that's a plus [emoji106]

EVO MFG and Rancho would be my two go tos on that list.

I don't have experience will all of them, but I'd stay away from Metalcloak and fabtech.

Just my opinion though :)

Agreeing with you on the EVO and Rancho point.

About Metalcloack & Fabtech, haven't heard anything bad so far but they are definitly not my first suspension-wise choice 🙃 But can't bash on Metalcloack high liner fenders though, but that's for another time [emoji1]

Edwrds

Caught the Bug

I have Billstein 5100. My Jeep definitely stiffer than stock. I'm probably going to go with adjustable Ranchos next.

I have fox 2.0 shocks and mine rides like a tank!!! I was going to put the EVO plush ride springs to give it a softer ride. What air pressure are you running? I'm running 28-30 psi

Last edited:

rogerk93

I have Currie enterprises lift with 2.5 resevor king shocks and love it. It is a little stiff on the road but performes great and gives lots of flex.

BenJKWrangler15

I have Billstein 5100. My Jeep definitely stiffer than stock. I'm probably going to go with adjustable Ranchos next.

I have fox 2.0 shocks and mine rides like a tank!!! I was going to put the EVO plush ride springs to give it a softer ride. What air pressure are you running? I'm running 28-30 psi

I have Currie enterprises lift with 2.5 resevor king shocks and love it. It is a little stiff on the road but performes great and gives lots of flex.

I'd love my Jeep to just blast through trails like a god damn trophy truck. That's my goal. So I need monoshocks for better performance that will give me a hell of a sweet ride while out on the trails & won't tip over my JK when taking thight turns on the paved roads 🙃

Suggestions?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I'd love my Jeep to just blast through trails like a god damn trophy truck. That's my goal. So I need monoshocks for better performance that will give me a hell of a sweet ride while out on the trails & won't tip over my JK when taking thight turns on the paved roads 

Suggestions?

If that is what you want, just read my signature line and that is what you should get. It will be very pricey, but true performance does not come cheap. I would get with the people at Off Road Evolution or EVO MFG to see if they have an approved installer in your area. For me, I had to drive one day each way to get the work done at ORE and now I have absolutely no regrets. I continue to learn and grow as a driver with my system and with the people on this website, I have been able to steer clear from the trouble companies.

Just keep reading and learning. It took me years of research to come up with this build. It was many years before that to save the funds, so depending on your situation, if you want to do it right, you might be here for awhile. If you want to PM me with more questions and if you want to chat over the phone, I am open.

1A7A4780.jpg
1A7A4849.jpg

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
If that is what you want, just read my signature line and that is what you should get. It will be very pricey, but true performance does not come cheap. I would get with the people at Off Road Evolution or EVO MFG to see if they have an approved installer in your area. For me, I had to drive one day each way to get the work done at ORE and now I have absolutely no regrets. I continue to learn and grow as a driver with my system and with the people on this website, I have been able to steer clear from the trouble companies.

Just keep reading and learning. It took me years of research to come up with this build. It was many years before that to save the funds, so depending on your situation, if you want to do it right, you might be here for awhile. If you want to PM me with more questions and if you want to chat over the phone, I am open.

View attachment 210154
View attachment 210155

Agreed, You can build a very capable Jeep for a variety of terrain a bunch of different ways but if you want to blast through the desert (and pretty much everything else), this is the way to go..

BTW, Jeep is looking great Neil, looking fwd to getting out again!

rogerk93

I'd love my Jeep to just blast through trails like a god damn trophy truck. That's my goal. So I need monoshocks for better performance that will give me a hell of a sweet ride while out on the trails & won't tip over my JK when taking thight turns on the paved roads 🙃

Suggestions?

That's what kingshocks are designed to do

BenJKWrangler15

View attachment 210154
View attachment 210155

Thanks for the precious advice and this is definitly the method I'll go for before purchasing any kind of lifting kit/products. Thank you very much NevadaZielmeister!

Agreed, You can build a very capable Jeep for a variety of terrain a bunch of different ways but if you want to blast through the desert (and pretty much everything else), this is the way to go..

BTW, Jeep is looking great Neil, looking fwd to getting out again!

Sure is! Looks great and very capable!

That's what kingshocks are designed to do

I'll keep that in mind 🙃[emoji1]

Top Bottom