Lift (Shocks & Springs) Company I'd trust

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I'd love my Jeep to just blast through trails like a god damn trophy truck. That's my goal. So I need monoshocks for better performance that will give me a hell of a sweet ride while out on the trails & won't tip over my JK when taking thight turns on the paved roads 🙃

Suggestions?

Just buy a trophy truck [emoji33]

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
If that is what you want, just read my signature line and that is what you should get. It will be very pricey, but true performance does not come cheap. I would get with the people at Off Road Evolution or EVO MFG to see if they have an approved installer in your area. For me, I had to drive one day each way to get the work done at ORE and now I have absolutely no regrets. I continue to learn and grow as a driver with my system and with the people on this website, I have been able to steer clear from the trouble companies.

Just keep reading and learning. It took me years of research to come up with this build. It was many years before that to save the funds, so depending on your situation, if you want to do it right, you might be here for awhile. If you want to PM me with more questions and if you want to chat over the phone, I am open.

View attachment 210154
View attachment 210155

How do you like the Gen Right tire carrier?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
How do you like the Gen Right tire carrier?

I really like it, but note that installation is everything. I did not do the perfect job and so the carrier sags a little on the driver's side while open, requiring me to lift it somewhat (1 inch) to close it. My advise would be to ensure that you add a little bit of top hinge lean prior to cutting your holes. In other words, be sure to give some outward angle to the passenger side mounts so that with a tire on it, it will be about level with the driver's side mounts. Forget about the Stop-Lock. It broke and then ended up denting my body, so I was very disappointed with that.

Given the above, I would still go with it because with the EVO tire carrier, you have to install the corner skins and then, the EVO hinges are even harder to figure out (from what I have heard). I really like the body mounts being stand alone.

So far, I see very little wheel wiggle while I am wheeling and certainly no rattle at all. I suspect this tire carrier will last a very long time. This carrier, combined with the EVO rear fascia cover (i.e. no rear bumper) I have no worries regarding departure angles at all. I would have to try REALLY hard to hit the tire carrier or the rear body.

BenJKWrangler15

I really like it, but note that installation is everything. I did not do the perfect job and so the carrier sags a little on the driver's side while open, requiring me to lift it somewhat (1 inch) to close it. My advise would be to ensure that you add a little bit of top hinge lean prior to cutting your holes. In other words, be sure to give some outward angle to the passenger side mounts so that with a tire on it, it will be about level with the driver's side mounts. Forget about the Stop-Lock. It broke and then ended up denting my body, so I was very disappointed with that.

Given the above, I would still go with it because with the EVO tire carrier, you have to install the corner skins and then, the EVO hinges are even harder to figure out (from what I have heard). I really like the body mounts being stand alone.

So far, I see very little wheel wiggle while I am wheeling and certainly no rattle at all. I suspect this tire carrier will last a very long time. This carrier, combined with the EVO rear fascia cover (i.e. no rear bumper) I have no worries regarding departure angles at all. I would have to try REALLY hard to hit the tire carrier or the rear body.

Is your rear "bumper" frame chopped? (Removed cross member and bolted the EVO parts & shackles?)

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Is your rear "bumper" frame chopped? (Removed cross member and bolted the EVO parts & shackles?)

Not really. I only trimmed the rear frame rails to almost meet flush with the shackle mount kit, but otherwise, stock with the fascia and kit is all you need. I then painted the pinch weld area on the body. Easy and fairly inexpensive.

BenJKWrangler15

Not really. I only trimmed the rear frame rails to almost meet flush with the shackle mount kit, but otherwise, stock with the fascia and kit is all you need. I then painted the pinch weld area on the body. Easy and fairly inexpensive.

Looks great [emoji106] I myself am planning on "frame chop" options. I don't have the biggest tires, my clearance is limited and so are my departure angles when down in a hole - so I was curious 🙃 In all, great build!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Looks great [emoji106] I myself am planning on "frame chop" options. I don't have the biggest tires, my clearance is limited and so are my departure angles when down in a hole - so I was curious  In all, great build!

Thank you for the compliment. We are very happy.

I would note that there are other frame modifications with my build. For example, here is the rear lower control mount for the Long Arm Upgrade:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465860686.224742.jpg

The rear suspension mount has been removed and replace with a much more clean bracket.

Also, the rear bumpstops have frame cut-outs to make room. Along with the front frame modifications for the Double Throw Down here:

IMG_2051-2.JPG

I am not sure if this is what you meant by frame chop options. If you want to really chop your frame, then look at the Poison Spyder BFH ("Built For Hammers") front bumper. That thing requires quite a bit of front frame rail removal. But wow, talk about approach angle, yowza!!

BenJKWrangler15

Thank you for the compliment. We are very happy.

I would note that there are other frame modifications with my build. For example, here is the rear lower control mount for the Long Arm Upgrade:

View attachment 210275

The rear suspension mount has been removed and replace with a much more clean bracket.

Also, the rear bumpstops have frame cut-outs to make room. Along with the front frame modifications for the Double Throw Down here:

View attachment 210276

I am not sure if this is what you meant by frame chop options. If you want to really chop your frame, then look at the Poison Spyder BFH ("Built For Hammers") front bumper. That thing requires quite a bit of front frame rail removal. But wow, talk about approach angle, yowza!!

Whoaaa, neaaat [emoji7]

And for the frame chop options I'm planning on building either a full bumper myself to fit my need or a home made winch mounting plate. I decided that what I could build, I'd do, instead of buying 🙃 To really meet my wants and needs.

Jk909

I know a couple of people over at eibach and I even had the opportunity to drop of my jk right after I bought it for a free lift when they wanted to design it. They let my buddy take charge in the design and the dude is a straight up alcoholic. Hell he even rides his bike to work. Moral of the story is they were doing a piss poor job at designing it and I turned down the opportunity to have it done for free. I probably shouldn't say nothing but I hate for people to waste their hard earned money on a product that wasn't even produced by a fellow enthusiast

BenJKWrangler15

I know a couple of people over at eibach and I even had the opportunity to drop of my jk right after I bought it for a free lift when they wanted to design it. They let my buddy take charge in the design and the dude is a straight up alcoholic. Hell he even rides his bike to work. Moral of the story is they were doing a piss poor job at designing it and I turned down the opportunity to have it done for free. I probably shouldn't say nothing but I hate for people to waste their hard earned money on a product that wasn't even produced by a fellow enthusiast

Let's just criss-cross Eibach from the fxcking list then 🙃

To bad for the free design/install job though...

BenJKWrangler15

That is funny Ben, thank you for that laugh. :clap2:

(Just an FYI and something I just learned recently, the emoji's on your iPhone do not work, you need to pick them from the website list)

Oh, good to know!!! But I can see them - I'm on Wayalife App most of the time when I'm on here, can't get to the website list.

You're welcome for the laugh!

BenJKWrangler15

There are several people on this forum running OME, that say they love it.

Never heard from them. Maybe they don't market their stuff enough or like to supply small amounts of quality products... Or they're crap ::poop:: All kiding aside, I'll look them up. But probably won't go that route.

Thanks for bringing this company up!

DKjeep

Never heard from them. Maybe they don't market their stuff enough or like to supply small amounts of quality products... Or they're crap ::poop:: All kiding aside, I'll look them up. But probably won't go that route.

Thanks for bringing this company up!

You hit the nail on the head right there, they do about zero marketing. Their springs are really nice though. If you do a little homework on them you will see for yourself. Their complete lifts leave a little something to be desired but they arent overly expensive, not the cheapest but not price gouging either. If you wanted to piece together a lift or buy a whole lift that you just added a couple of other parts to I wouldnt regret their stuff one bit.

BenJKWrangler15

As an answer to the original post i have Rubicon Express lift it is american and solid made.

I don't want to be the one to burst your bubble but someone as to inform you; Rubicon Express is a Trans America owned company, just like and I quote DDays from another thread I started : ''Smittybilt, Pro Comp, Rubicon Express, Poison Spyder, & G2 are all owned by Trans America, who also owns...... wait for it......4WP & 4WD. Surprise!''

That being said, the meaning is that their product are manufactured out of the United States, branded with a catchy name and advertised as a ''Made in America'' products. Althought it is stamped as a ''Made in America'', it truly only means ''Assembled in America'' and not ''Manufactured in America''. I know, it's a lot of word-games and gimmick to advertise substandards products as American quality products but it is the sad truth.

Sorry in advance for the set back. :naw:

Here's the link to the other thread. Hopefully you'll learn a thing or two and be aware of the provenance of further products you'll buy to put on your Jeep.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases/page3

:eek:

Top Bottom