Light 2 Dr and 2" Plush rides set up

desertrunner

Oooooo here is a pic I saved you might like!

View attachment 229836

18/59's with leveling kit and 255's I believe.

Later with 2.5" lift and 35's

View attachment 229837
Maybe it's just the fenders on it but even that pic with the 35s it looks like it's sitting too tall

I'm most likely going with 315 cooper's really like 2" total would be perfect I guess I could just get some 2" pucks and call it a day. But the hope is to get something that will perform better than stock off road. I know I'm not going to live up to my last jk for a while but damn my RK 3.5" could FLEX

And yeah I am beyond stoked about the gecko I had been searching for one for about 3 months and finally found one semi close enough. Still had to fly out and drive it home but worth it I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Maybe it's just the fenders on it but even that pic with the 35s it looks like it's sitting too tall

I'm most likely going with 315 cooper's really like 2" total would be perfect I guess I could just get some 2" pucks and call it a day. But the hope is to get something that will perform better than stock off road. I know I'm not going to live up to my last jk for a while but damn my RK 3.5" could FLEX

And yeah I am beyond stoked about the gecko I had been searching for one for about 3 months and finally found one semi close enough. Still had to fly out and drive it home but worth it I love it.

You can always sell the pucks. It will still look sweet and perform well.

desertrunner

What about some OME light duty Springs? I know some ppl pair the rear set with the plush rides up front but I wonder how their 2" light duty front Springs would work out

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What about some OME light duty Springs? I know some ppl pair the rear set with the plush rides up front but I wonder how their 2" light duty front Springs would work out

I am thinking about that option too. There are members than ran that on their 2 doors.

notnalc68 ran that set up. I can't find part numbers he had posted.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Light 2 Dr and 2" Plush rides set up

That massive bumper and winch adds a shit ton of weight that i do not have i would end up with WAY more lift than you got out of it. I agree i am not going to waste my money on a full kit but i dont want to end up with 3.5" of lift out of the 2" plush rides and end up buying all the extra shit listed above because its too high

Yes. Without a doubt, believe it or not, when i bought my jeep it had this monstrosity on the front, however, it is aluminum and doesnt way as much as you would think. I took my leveling kit a bit to the max as an effort to keep up with my friends all on 37s and on coilovers. It does the job and i wouldnt hesitate to buy this kit again, as a matter of fact i have, this is my second jeep ive put it on.

I don't see how a lift kit is much different than the levelng kit once you start factoring brakeline, sway bar links, bumpstops and shocks; stuff to make the leveling kit complete. Really all you add is rear coils, so when you boil it down cost differential is really negligible. Unless you're talking about a budget boost, which I think is a viable option.

BTW, gregmort, your jeep is really sweet. One of my favorites.

The leveling kit is complete when you buy the kit. You do not NEED all i have done to mine, like stated above, i chose to do so to keep up with my friends. Thats my favorite part about this leveling kit. You can run it just the kit, or you can add 3" shocks, brakeline extensions, and a hockeypuck for a bunpstop and be just as capable as a 3" enforcer. I chose to max the capabilities of my leveling kit, and honestly you cant beat it for the price, my jeep drives like a dream onroad and performs off road and im about $700 into it. Thats much better then the $1600 you'll end up spending on an enforcer IMHO. At least when it comes to a two door. I have had a few things given to me so that saved me money, but not a ridiculous amount. I have 18/59 springs given to me for my rear to level out my lift and brakeline brackets given to me.

that was one thing i was a little worried about with going with the longer shocks is having the coil fall out at full flex but then again i do want it to flex haha
heard good things about the rancho 9000s maybe 4dr springs and a set of those for a 0-2" lift might be good to go until i get some weight on the front

Personally, i took the time to get the measurements, i run ranchos 5000X's on mine which is the 9000 without the adjustment nob. I run the RS55329 and RS55330 (hopefully these numbers are correct as thats off of memory) which are made for a 3" lift and i have absolutely no coil movement at full flex. Infact, i waited on installing my rockstars in fear of unseating my coils, but i will be fine, even with my rockstars. I am very happy with my 5000Xs as i got 4 for the price of 1 of the 9000S.

well typically a "leveling" kit only gives you a small lift and usually mostly up front to fix the factory rake, its not intended to "need" break lines shocks control arms, sway bar links etc.... it just so happens the 2" plush rides give the 2 drs way more than 2"

Agreed, although i will say, ive ran this kit barebones, and all mocked up how i am now, and ive loved it both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

well looks like i just made a deal on a set of 4dr springs rubi shocks and swaybar links for $125

ill just start there and see how it goes,

once i actually get some weight on the front ill probably end up with the 2" plush ride OME rear set up

bigcale

Caught the Bug
IMG_20160924_181010019.jpg IMG_20161106_150808688.jpg

2012 6 speed w/35s on 4 door rubi springs and front disconnects, did the fender trim because of rubbing. Need to either chop an inch or so off the rubicon takeoff rails or build my own. Top picture the back is squatting because I had all 5 of my stock wheels and tires in the back, but with the hard top I think it needs a 3/4 ' spacer in the rear.

Last edited:

desertrunner

View attachment 229988 View attachment 229989

2012 6 speed w/35s on 4 door rubi springs and front disconnects, did the fender trim because of rubbing. Need to either chop an inch or so off the rubicon takeoff rails or build my own. Top picture the back is squatting because I had all 5 of my stock wheels and tires in the back, but with the hard top I think it needs a 3/4 ' spacer in the rear.
What size discos did you end up buying? Or did you find yourself a rubi sway bar?

benatc1

Hooked

congrats on the find man! the Gecko is very unique!

well looks like i just made a deal on a set of 4dr springs rubi shocks and swaybar links for $125

ill just start there and see how it goes,

once i actually get some weight on the front ill probably end up with the 2" plush ride OME rear set up

i rocked 4 door 10A springs for a for a bit on my 2 door before it continued to grow, eventually added some pucks as well but was a nice cheap place to start as the JK is very capable anyway. best of luck with build and look forward to seeing it evolve.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

i rocked 4 door 10A springs for a for a bit on my 2 door before it continued to grow, eventually added some pucks as well but was a nice cheap place to start as the JK is very capable anyway. best of luck with build and look forward to seeing it evolve.

Your rig was sweet! Can you post some pics with the springs and pucks?

dannymalkin

I have a 2 door kind of did something similar. I have the front 2" plush ride coils with 3/4" coil spacers. In the rear I have 2" coil spacers with four door coils. Also have longer rancho 5000x shocks, and other suspension odds and ends. I do have bumpers and a winch. Driveshafts are still alive.

I love the ride and feel of the suspension. At first I did the whole 4 door coil swap thing but IMO that was a waste of time for me. So between your two options I'd just go with the leveling kit and maybe shocks, discos. I wouldn't worry about the adj track bar

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Your rig was sweet! Can you post some pics with the springs and pucks?

Thanks man! here's some pics with 10A 4 door springs and 2" teraflex pucks. I was only running 33s but could have fit 35s without trouble (maybe a fender trim if needed) I actually liked the look at the time- still do- but like the bigger tires as well!! had to dig back thru the cloud to find the pics

Attachments

• 2015-03-01 19.57.49.jpg
    2015-03-01 19.57.49.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20141221_115727.jpg
    20141221_115727.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 20141221_122106.jpg
    20141221_122106.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 20150314_085757.jpg
    20150314_085757.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20150509_153050.jpg
    20150509_153050.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 90

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
After feeling the ride of the rear OME springs, I might suggest them all the way around, the 2626 front & 2630 rear. I already had the EVO coils, is why I put OME in the rear of the 2 door. I currently run EVO 2" coils with a 3/4" spacer in front, and a 1" spacer in the rear of my JKUR.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

so a local jeeper hooked me up with his ENTIRE suspension off of his 16 JKUR with only 100 miles on them. so looks like in addition to the 4dr springs and rubi shocks i might as well swap out all my control arms and track bars and sway bar links this stuff is so clean!

so im going to go for the 4dr springs and rubi shocks set up toss a set of 315 coopers on it and go from there maybe end up with EVO plush rides after i add bumpers and a winch and stuff. Might end up just buying some 1" spacers as well and add those after i see how much i get out of the unlimited rubi stuff.

desertrunner

Thanks Ben it was really hard to pass up on yours and go completely from scratch but i had been searching for a gecko for a long time i couldnt let this one go.

The 4 dr springs and 2" pucks looked really good on yours too! Im thinking i want to cut the fenders right away so im thinking the 4dr springs and maybe a 1" puck would make it look about like that!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks Ben it was really hard to pass up on yours and go completely from scratch but i had been searching for a gecko for a long time i couldnt let this one go.

The 4 dr springs and 2" pucks looked really good on yours too! Im thinking i want to cut the fenders right away so im thinking the 4dr springs and maybe a 1" puck would make it look about like that!

Please put up brother! Can't wait to see your rig!

Top Bottom