Livin the Life - Tahoe 2013

JKJody

I seen you guys in 80 in Truckee this morning headed east. We were just leaving our camp site and headed back to the bay. Looks like you are having fun.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That white Jeep is MTG's with me behind the wheel. He let me borrow it for the day. Super cool of him. Thanks again MTG!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! So on Saturday, I started working on our Jeep at about 9 in the morning with the hopes of getting my control arm mount fixed. While things did ultimately turn out okay, I have to say that it was really hard work, under a really hot sun and with one welder that wasn't working at all and another that was having issues. Come about 5pm, I am still under my Jeep trying to finish things up when a large group of Jeeps rolled into the parking lot. Being that I was still hard at work under my Jeep, beat to all hell and just wanting to get this thing done, I just kept on working. During the next 5 minutes or so, not a single one of them came over to say hello, to see what was going on or to even offer up any help and really, no problem. These guys just came off the trail and I'm sure the last thing they wanted to do is get their hands dirty. Well, apparently, a few of these guys got butthurt that I didn't crawl out from under my Jeep to welcome them and decided to post up the following on one of our Facebook pics...

Screen shot 2013-07-15 at 7.26.53 AM.png

:sigh:

epiccosmo

EVO Rear D Rings

Eddie, you ever had any issues with the EVO D rings? Cops, insurance company, being rear ended, landing on the corner of the vehicle on a rock? Probably my biggest concern is the cops, being rear ended or coming off a ledge and scraping up the corner of my rig.

Looks like you guys are having a great time! Those wide open trails looks much better than over here on the east coast! I think I got a few more pinstripes on Sat added to my rig.....:doh::banghead:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, you ever had any issues with the EVO D rings? Cops, insurance company, being rear ended, landing on the corner of the vehicle on a rock? Probably my biggest concern is the cops, being rear ended or coming off a ledge and scraping up the corner of my rig.

Looks like you guys are having a great time! Those wide open trails looks much better than over here on the east coast! I think I got a few more pinstripes on Sat added to my rig.....:doh::banghead:

Nope, no issues what so ever and I have been pulled over in the past and on more than one occasion. Mud flaps or the lack there of is what I used to get hit up for the most.

epiccosmo

LOL!! So on Saturday, I started working on our Jeep at about 9 in the morning with the hopes of getting my control arm mount fixed. While things did ultimately turn out okay, I have to say that it was really hard work, under a really hot sun and with one welder that wasn't working at all and another that was having issues. Come about 5pm, I am still under my Jeep trying to finish things up when a large group of Jeeps rolled into the parking lot. Being that I was still hard at work under my Jeep, beat to all hell and just wanting to get this thing done, I just kept on working. During the next 5 minutes or so, not a single one of them came over to say hello, to see what was going on or to even offer up any help and really, no problem. These guys just came off the trail and I'm sure the last thing they wanted to do is get their hands dirty. Well, apparently, a few of these guys got butthurt that I didn't crawl out from under my Jeep to welcome them and decided to post up the following on one of our Facebook pics...

Sorry to hear this and read it. Sat. me and my buddy came up on a group of 9 Jeeps. They were great, we waited on them and chatted with them while they worked through an obstacle. They said they would wait for us in the field just up the trail. We stopped, chatted for a few min and they let us through. Then came up on another group right at the end and chatted with them.

I do find that at times there can be some uncertainty when coming up on others while on the trail. I have yet to have a bad experience though.

Thanks for the response. Looks like I will be getting rid of my AEV bumper for these and another spare carrier of some type.

Top Bottom