Livin the Life - Tahoe 2013

For guys like this you have to honk, flash your lights and hang out the window with both hands waving...so they know you are paying them the proper respect. Then and only then will they decide wether your rig is built up enough to return a wave.

:cheesy:

What if i don't have both hands to wave:banghead:

jeep monkey

Sounds to me like everyone was probably tired. Obviously I wasn't there but, trying to be objective, I can kind of see both sides. Except for expecting the person who is trying to fix their jeep to drop everything to become host extraordinaire.

Side one: My group just came off the trail and we are feeling pretty B.A. about ( pronounced: "A boat"... Get it?) ourselves. Therefore one might expect that bystanders might strike up a conversation about the recent adventure. Nothing happens, so automatically the bystanders are A-holes.

Side Two: My buddy has been busting his butt all day to fix his Jeep. I am not about to abandoned him to go shoot the bull with folks I don't know. They can come talk check out what's going on if they are interested. (Obviously, I am making an assumption that you were not there alone and that there were others in your group).

Regarding the guy familiar with the Wayalife videos: He may not be the kind of guy who feels comfortable randomly walking up to someone such as Eddie, who is clearly busy, to say hello. I'm not sure I would, in that situation.

PS: I don't have a dog in this fight, just trying to be objective.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Meh.
Fact is that Eddie is somewhat of a celebrity as well as the others who regularly appear in front of the camera for the WAL videos. Sometimes people lose perspective and get their pride hurt when someone who is well known does not make a special effort for them personally. Or they forget that everyone is human and sometimes are busy, having a bad day, or just weren't paying attention. They will get over it. So will everyone else.

It's what you get for being rich and famous. Well, famous anyway.:cheesy:

JKJody

For guys like this you have to honk, flash your lights and hang out the window with both hands waving...so they know you are paying them the proper respect. Then and only then will they decide wether your rig is built up enough to return a wave.

:cheesy:

I thought they just didn't like my AEV bumper lol.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
It was my first experience in the Tahoe/Sierra area. It was amazing. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for sharing just a few of the incredible places. Let me also say that sharing and giving goes beyond wheeling. It's about helping folks when they break. I had my first break and it was a tough one. Fortunately, Eddie, Cindy, and the gang(Tony, Ray, and Don)were able to get me fixed which included fabricating and welding my axle trackbar mount on the trail. Talk about giving after a long day on the trail. Thanks again for helping me get back in one piece. :clap2::clap2: It's just one part of what makes this way of life special. :rock:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Bummer!

Did that happen after I left or a different day? Personally, I have always felt that helping others fix their rigs is part of what makes a trip memorable, and part of what makes Jeeping fun. You work together to get each other through, and off, the trail. It's also how I learn.

I've been on a few big group runs with Eddie where people have broken down. Every time, without fail, Eddie is the first under the Jeep getting dirty and getting things fixed.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Fortunately, Eddie, Cindy, and the gang(Tony, Ray, and Don)were able to get me fixed which included fabricating and welding my axle trackbar mount on the trail. Talk about giving after a long day on the trail.

You know how we do ...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
O've been on a few big group runs with Eddie where people have broken down. Every time, without fail, Eddie is the first under the Jeep getting dirty and getting things fixed.

Amen to that! Seen it many times myself (including Eddie changing my axle for me late one night on an epic trail run)!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Bummer!

Did that happen after I left or a different day? Personally, I have always felt that helping others fix their rigs is part of what makes a trip memorable, and part of what makes Jeeping fun. You work together to get each other through, and off, the trail. It's also how I learn.

I've been on a few big group runs with Eddie where people have broken down. Every time, without fail, Eddie is the first under the Jeep getting dirty and getting things fixed.

After you left. Looks like the bracket was partially broke for sometime given the rust on one of the cracks. Couple of days of wheeling cracked the rest. A loose bolt probably contributed.

Top Bottom