LS or HEMI?

JandSJK

Hemi, I don't like to mix manufacturer's when it comes to engine swaps:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed. I know the LS series and Chevy's have way more options but my ocd won't let me mix brands.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would go with the iron block/iron head 5.3L seen in Chevy 1500's because they can be had for about a $1000 and are cheap to fix/rebuild and pair nicely with say a Ford 4 speed trans and a NP205 t-case... just my :twocents:

JandSJK

Um, you have EVO and Currie control arms. Just sayin'. :cheesy:

:Dwell EVO doesn't make a short arm kit so I had to improvise. Now I have synergy uppers. I really got a mutt now :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would go with the LS over the Hemi. I am a little biased to the LS as well but I think you have more power range options with it. Can end up getting more bang for you buck in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bacon

I vote LS all the way. cheaper to buy, cheaper to install, huge aftermarket support for the Chevy small block (which means cheaper parts), better fuel mileage, and all the Mopar guys will complain. what's not to love?

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Moby with a V-8??? Schumbuddy Schtop Me!!! :rock:

HOLD ONTO YOUR LUG NUT ... IT’S TIME FOR AN OVERHAUL!!!:thumb:

jhires

Which ever way you go, just be sure to install a larger fuel tank :D
My 5.7L Cherokee averaged 10mpg. It got 12mpg on a good day, and the best it ever saw 16 going down hill for 20 miles.

GCM 2

Prius. 'nuff said.....

Today I hate you more than I did yesterday. I had just gotten over the rental Prius I had last week and then you and Mr. Brian Mckenna keep bringing this craptastic hybrid thing up! I would like to have this go on the record as pure, mean hatred.

Skid_Kid

Today I hate you more than I did yesterday. I had just gotten over the rental Prius I had last week and then you and Mr. Brian Mckenna keep bringing this craptastic hybrid thing up! I would like to have this go on the record as pure, mean hatred.

The record has been updated and a case is being built Sir. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My 5.7L Cherokee averaged 10mpg. It got 12mpg on a good day, and the best it ever saw 16 going down hill for 20 miles.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the mpg was better with an LS than it is with the 3.8 trying to move out of its own way.

Philip *AZ*

Banned

Lol, an LS will get 25-27 easy

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

j.house013

Not an attempt to hijack... But Offroadpowerproducts.com has a full kit to install a 4bt (4 cylinder) Cummins turbo diesel in a Jk. Their main show JK has it!! It sounds bad a$$ and I think it gets well over 20 mpg with a ton of torque.

rtguy1

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the mpg was better with an LS than it is with the 3.8 trying to move out of its own way.

Most of the companies pushing the LS swaps claim much better mileage than the factory 3.8L motor. I think it is true due to the reason you mentioned. You wouldn't have to get into it nearly as much to get rolling. Now I think in reality the motor is "capable" of better mileage, but after dropping one in my rig I think I would be hard pressed to actually see an improvement. Id probably eat through tires too...lol Weeeeeeeeee. Weeeeeeeee. Holy shit!!!! Weeeeeeeee:yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not an attempt to hijack... But Offroadpowerproducts.com has a full kit to install a 4bt (4 cylinder) Cummins turbo diesel in a Jk. Their main show JK has it!! It sounds bad a$$ and I think it gets well over 20 mpg with a ton of torque.

4bt's are torque monsters but not a lot in the way of horsepower. It would be good for crawling but not overall in a jk. I thought about putting one in my old truck but never did.

Top Bottom