MedixJK build thread

swampdog

No i give up on a used one. Just gonna buy a new one...just need to figure out which one lol. Either way, im either going to have a factory rubi locker, or an eaton e locker

So, I am in the same boat as you. I'm looking to upgrade to 37s but not willing to do it on my D30. Here is what my plan is...
1) Order the Mopar upgraded HD D44 housing with thicker J8 tubes $865
2) 35 spline shafts - $900
3) Gearing, install, and seals - $600
4) ARB 35 Spline Locker - $900
5) Gussets - $100 installed
6) Already have ARB Twin Compressor and Switchpros system

That puts me at $400 more than a 4.88 geared basic mopar axle ($2800, $2900 after gussets) and it will be a superior axle.

So, I am in the same boat as you. I'm looking to upgrade to 37s but not willing to do it on my D30. Here is what my plan is...

That puts me at $400 more than a 4.88 geared basic mopar axle ($2800, $2900 after gussets) and it will be a superior axle.
That sounds like a pretty good plan. Whered you find that housing?

Ddays

Hooked

If either one of you needs a M.O.R.E. under hood mount for your compressor let me know - I ordered one & then installed mine under the passenger seat instead then forgot to send back to blankblank4x4. I'll make you a helluva deal.

swampdog

If either one of you needs a M.O.R.E. under hood mount for your compressor let me know - I ordered one & then installed mine under the passenger seat instead then forgot to send back to blankblank4x4. I'll make you a helluva deal.

I already have that mount, but I do love it. Thanks though.

So Granite head and i were just discussing....what will it take to make his 4.88 rubicon gears work on my rig...or can they? My plan was to install them along w a rear locker, and new front axle. Possible?

jkwebbie

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you could go 1 tons lol

Top Bottom