MedixJK build thread

Well the EVO kit uses the factory RHD drag link. If you believe in the quality of Synergy products, you can source an equivalent kit for around $180.

Check out the following:
52126058AD
SYN-8055
SYN-8001-02-01

Do a drop pit man arm instead. :cheesy:

I honestly dont know a whole lot about it other than when you reach a given height of lift, you should do something to correct your steering geometry. Any elaboration would be great. Its also my understanding that the dlf kit relocates fron trackbar as well?

Kyle09Rubi

I honestly dont know a whole lot about it other than when you reach a given height of lift, you should do something to correct your steering geometry. Any elaboration would be great. Its also my understanding that the dlf kit relocates fron trackbar as well?

You have the right understanding. The drag link flip does improve your steering geometry and also allows you to relocate your front trackbar.

The EVO kit will do exactly what you need it to do but you can source some of the parts yourself and save money without sacrificing in the name of quality. The part numbers I posted are a factory RHD drag link (same as EVO), a synergy bracket (u-bolts to the axle like EVO), and the required tapered adapter for the flip.

You have the right understanding. The drag link flip does improve your steering geometry and also allows you to relocate your front trackbar.

The EVO kit will do exactly what you need it to do but you can source some of the parts yourself and save money without sacrificing in the name of quality. The part numbers I posted are a factory RHD drag link (same as EVO), a synergy bracket (u-bolts to the axle like EVO), and the required tapered adapter for the flip.

I gotcha. So what is the deciding factor when looking at a dlf or a drop pitman arm?

Kyle09Rubi

I gotcha. So what is the deciding factor when looking at a dlf or a drop pitman arm?

I believe the dropped pitman arm comment was sarcasm. Dropped pitman arms are normally frowned upon as they can arguably place more leverage on your sector shaft which is something you most definitely don't want to break.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I was being funny. Every single JK I know that has a lift and a drop pit man arm has issues. I always recommend the EVO DLF to people as it is a good quality kit. They usually wont admit that they are wrong and bought/installed the wrong product and then dont want to spend the money to buy the EVO DLF but will spend hundreds of other dollars changing other things to try fix their issues. When a DLF of any brand would have fixed the issue to begin with.

I believe the dropped pitman arm comment was sarcasm. Dropped pitman arms are normally frowned upon as they can arguably place more leverage on your sector shaft which is something you most definitely don't want to break.

I was being funny. Every single JK I know that has a lift and a drop pit man arm has issues. I always recommend the EVO DLF to people as it is a good quality kit. They usually wont admit that they are wrong and bought/installed the wrong product and then dont want to spend the money to buy the EVO DLF but will spend hundreds of other dollars changing other things to try fix their issues. When a DLF of any brand would have fixed the issue to begin with.

Haha. well shit. Ok. You had me worried for a second because ive obviously never done either, but had always heard the evo dlf was the best route to go.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Hopefully it doesnt turn out like one of my projects. I appearently have a habit of taking something that should be easy, and making it a rescue mission.

Talking about the rocker gaurds? Dont worry, your not alone. I only have the driver side done on mine. It took me a while also as I was primarily on my own. Hoping to tackle the other side this weekend. Finally got a weekend where I am not busy on other things.

Talking about the rocker gaurds? Dont worry, your not alone. I only have the driver side done on mine. It took me a while also as I was primarily on my own. Hoping to tackle the other side this weekend. Finally got a weekend where I am not busy on other things.

Yea i am. It would guesstimate being about 3/4 way done. Just a million bumps in the road so far. Just had to adapt and overcome. Lol

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
These skins were the hardest for me. Trying to do it alone didn't help much either. But, they look good. Wishing they had aluminum back then.

These skins were the hardest for me. Trying to do it alone didn't help much either. But, they look good. Wishing they had aluminum back then.

No doubt. I underestimated how heavy these steel ones are. If i get the rest of these God forsaken rivnuts in, ill be extremely happy.

Got the Evo rockskins on finally. Unfortunately, i did have a couple of the nutserts spin loose while trying to put the screws in. Id say they just werent crimped tight enough because i had to resort to using the tool from HF. Not yet sure how to fix that problem, or if there even is a fix. End result, ive got a couple nutserts with no screws in them because they wont tighten down. All in all though, not too shabby i guess.

Attachments

• 1429269426470.jpg
    1429269426470.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 1429269442411.jpg
    1429269442411.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 342

Napalm

Got the Evo rockskins on finally. Unfortunately, i did have a couple of the nutserts spin loose while trying to put the screws in. Id say they just werent crimped tight enough because i had to resort to using the tool from HF. Not yet sure how to fix that problem, or if there even is a fix. End result, ive got a couple nutserts with no screws in them because they wont tighten down. All in all though, not too shabby i guess.

Looks awesome! I want some now...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Can you try to tighten them down some more? Dont know if its possible or not. Just a thought.

Going to have to drill it out and try again or tack weld it. I hate nutserts too.

Kinda what i though. Im kinda scared to pull the skins off now for fear more of them will spin loose lol. For now i filled the nutsert full of silicone so its closed off at least.

Nattier237

Would an adhesive around the outside edge of the nutsert hold it enough to at least snug the bolts?? Just a thought

Top Bottom