MedixJK build thread

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I tried that. Problem is you cant thread the tool back into it either because the nutsert just spins in the hole. Sucks.

Is there enough of a lip on the nutsert that you could grab it and hold it with a pair of pliers? Hold it while you screw the tool back in. I can't remember what the lip looks like. I'm hoping to get the other side done on mine tomorrow. I'll have to look at it and see.

It would probably scratch the body up by doing that but if you were able to get the nutsert to seat fully you could then touch up any scratches and then it would be covered by the skin anyways so no one would even know. But I'm not sure it's possible to do. I'll have to look.

Or as already stated, drill it out.

On a good note, got the cb installed and tuned. Ready to rock. Cobra 29lx

Attachments

• 1429282118761.jpg
    1429282118761.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 1429282127427.jpg
    1429282127427.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 351
  • 1429282137849.jpg
    1429282137849.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 346
Anybody else have any experience fixing/removing damaged nutserts? Im ocd and these few that are messed up are stressing me out.

dwmgcs

Anybody else have any experience fixing/removing damaged nutserts? Im ocd and these few that are messed up are stressing me out.

I've done lots of them and about all you can do is drill them out and install a new one, if it spins when you try to drill it you might try using a step drill.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If your ocd is bad, I'd order some online, the astro tool came with a bunch of extras. Drill it out and crimp them until the metal dimples. Just use the same bit you drilled your holed with.

If your ocd is bad, I'd order some online, the astro tool came with a bunch of extras. Drill it out and crimp them until the metal dimples. Just use the same bit you drilled your holed with.

Thats the route ill try. Thanks for the help. I had to use a shitty HF brand because the astro they sent me was the wrong thread pattern so no extras. Ill be returning it for the correct one, then ill have extras.

Finished product after the EVO skins. Just gotta repair a few nutserts. Enforcer lift to go on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 1429374167984.jpg
    1429374167984.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 372

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looks great. If u ever put on corners, they are actually easier IMO. Looking forward to the lift. I love white jeeps.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I love white jeeps.

The wife and I both have white vehicles. I love the white vehicle with black accent look. We are "talking" about trading in her car on another four door. Don't know if we can do two white four doors but we might. Lol. That is if we actually trade.

Napalm

I really wish I would have gotten white or silver. But, I've invested too much in my Onyx to start over.

Looking to do the 3" enforcer install tomorrow. Ive never swapped control arms on a vehicle before. Any thing i need to pay special attention to? I bought a johnson angle finder and my current caster looks to be around 2.5* :eek: with my 2.5" kit.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Lucky! Lol.

On the control arms you can do one side at a time so that the axle doesn't get out of control on you. Unless you have a lift and tall jack stands to support the axle. I believe you can even swap the control arms with it setting on the ground and all of the weight on the tires. Seems like I've seen that on here somewhere. I don't remember the length to start them at.

Remember to loosen all of your control arms and re torque everything once it's back on the ground and all of the weight is on the wheels.

Anybody with the 3" enforcer remember what length you started the LCAs at? Im assuming its different from the measurment used when changing uppers AND lowers.

Top Bottom