MOAB - FORK YEAH : Poison Spider Mesa / Gold Bar Rim / Golden Spike [Part 3 of 3]

boardsurfer

I mean, if you're going to break an axle shaft in the middle of nowhere, is there anyone you would rather have with you than Mel Wade and Jim McGean?? :thumb:

Amazing video Eddie and Cindy. Thank you very much for making that. :clap2:

Sporadic

Eddie and Cindy,
I've really enjoyed watching your WAL video's, old and new. They always seem to motivate me more and more to look for new trail adventures. Wish we had rocks in the south east (grins). Thanks for the inspiration to get out and wheel and the opportunity to be a part of your forum.

Sporadic

Yeah, I do Trevor. Went out with the family a few weeks ago - tray mountain. Yawn...but better than doing the 'norm'.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fun video!!
Brings back good memories!
Nice job.

It was great to have you along for that one. Good times for sure :thumb:

Awesome video as always! Sucks about the break at the end, but oh well shit happens. Can't wait to get out there next year. Texas WAL'ers planning a trip for Sept 2017!

Yep, when you dance with the devil long enough, you're bound to get burned.

Awesome video as always! I cant wait to eventually make it out to Moab!

This series makes me so jazzed to get out to Moab after all the work put in. Can't wait to run the trails all the greats ran before me!

This video is way cool!!! I can't wait to come out next year!!![emoji109]

Another great adventure that I will add to my retirement bucket list starting in a few years. The mid-west is fun, looking forward to a westward adventure!:thumb:

So glad you guys enjoyed it :cool:

My awesome wife, who is new to the forum (trig_gerhippie) and is starting to watch the videos, mentioned she wanted to watch. So I started Part 3 of this series and she says, wait, there's parts 1 and 2? So we watched the entire series in one sitting. She liked the videos despite not really being into Jeeping that much.

I always make the mistake to assume that Moby ALWAYS had a ProRock 80 from Dynatrac. I am so happy to have learned the story behind the ProRock 80 and about the ProRock 60 breakage. Maybe the semi-float design contributed to its break. While I probably don't need a Full Float design on my ProRock 60 running 37's, I am still glad I did when I see this video. Again, the whole forum has been so helpful to so many by learning from other people's mistakes.

As for Jim with Dynatrac, who PERSONALLY drove the new rear axle up, showed how my decision to go with Dynatrac axles was a proper one. What a great company run by a really great person. Dynatrac for the win for sure!!

Thank you for sharing these videos Eddie and Cindy. You both work so hard to make these happen, something I have seen first hand during our Rubicon run. Those cameras were everywhere. The thing is, that is just the easy part. Editing must take hundreds of hours. For people who have never edited, take notice, it is a monument to what these two achieve. There simply is no comparison from other Jeep related videos. They are not even close to what you both produce. Thank you.

Actually, after this break, we upgraded to a full float ProRock 60. In fact, we eventually gave that one to Rubicat after we got a ProRock 80 under Moby.

Very cool and as always, very well done. You guys have some of the best photos and videos of Jeep adventures that I've ever seen!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. :cool:

Wow, I think this is the first video I've seen where Moby has a breakdown. Great video as always and thanks for sharing the adventures with us.

LOL!! You need to see some of our older videos.

Awesome job guys. One of my favs. Great series. Love seeing you swap out an axle tube on the trail. Those are some good friends.

Technically, we swapped a semi-float "shaft" that broke at the flange :D

Yea man like you said there's more to MOAB than wheeling there's the scenic rides and your very true on that

It really is an amazing place and one that you could spend a whole week exploring without a Jeep and still have a great time.

I wasn't there, but it sure seemed like I was. Great video and good see everyone having fun.

You always seem to capture the essence of these trips, which is really just about the camaraderie and friendships strengthened while enjoying a great hobby.

So, when's the next vid project. Lol. [emoji6]

LOL!! We just killed ourselves getting this one done :crazyeyes:

Great series. I got sweaty palms at a couple of places and I was behind a computer, not the driver's steering wheel. Always good to see the fun and comraderies that grow from these adventures too. It really is a Wayalife.

Too funny! We're so glad that you and Susan have been able to join us on so many of our adventures. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! I love watching these videos. Thanks for sharing with us! :beer:

Another great video you guys, I hope to join the festivities some day! Thanks for sharing :thumb:

What another awesome video Eddie and Cindy! Great job was worth the wait. [emoji106]珞[emoji4]

cav♤fighter;752739 said:
Awesome video! Looks like you all had a blast as always! Thx for sharing the journey!

Yet again, another great video. Mel launching that rig was insane. Thanks for putting this together and sharing with us all!

We're so glad you enjoyed the video :cool:

AWESOME! You never cease to amaze me on how well your videos turn out. Seeing the broken axle on the double whammy, I was glad I got to see Cindy make it up successfully this year. :clap2:
Fantastic! :yup:

Thanks Susan. It's been great having you and Tom out there with us this past year :yup:

I cant believe yall never figured out who was doing the forking lol

Some things in life remain a mystery :crazyeyes:

this was maybe the best video of the series, well done! in part one, i was skeptical about the whole fork thing, where was it going? but watching a bewildered trail bud looking out his front door at a bunch of forks stuck in his yard really brought it home this time, lol :clap2:

shooting video is technically much easier now than when i did it back in the 90's, but the basics of storytelling haven't changed, and i think that you guys are doing a great job of putting this stuff together.

decent cutaways to keep the credit roll interesting, great reaction shots of people, and the little things like that angle where someone(cindy?) was standing in the crack to get those tire shots at eye level, can really make a production.

people notice the big stuff of course, like mel getting up on one tire :eek: but it's the script that can make or break a production, and that was done well here as well, the narrated summary of each trail for instance.

another angle that i liked in these recent wayalife vids was cindy getting behind the wheel; i've seen lady drivers at the drag strip mow down a field of 30 guys like it was nothing, and watching cindy charge those big obstacles kinda brings those old memories back for me.

thanks for posting these videos!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it and Cindy is fearless :crazyeyes:

I truly enjoy watching your "amateur" videos. This is another great video and was fun to watch last night.

Keep it up. Fork Yeah!

Well, unlike some events that hire film crew to cover them, these are essentially home movies for us and we're glad you enjoy them. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video series. Thanks for sharing the trip and historical info!

Great video and amazing scenery

We're so glad that you enjoyed it :cool:

I mean, if you're going to break an axle shaft in the middle of nowhere, is there anyone you would rather have with you than Mel Wade and Jim McGean?? :thumb:

Amazing video Eddie and Cindy. Thank you very much for making that. :clap2:

Truth be told, we had a plan to get out but it sure is nice to have good friends to help out and make it easier.

Eddie and Cindy,
I've really enjoyed watching your WAL video's, old and new. They always seem to motivate me more and more to look for new trail adventures. Wish we had rocks in the south east (grins). Thanks for the inspiration to get out and wheel and the opportunity to be a part of your forum.

So glad to hear we can inspire you :cool:

Esum2016

You guys make me proud to be from Utah! I grew up exploring Moab and most videos don't do it justice. You nailed it. Hope to see you off the road at some point. Cheers!

Hanglider

Winter warmth

When you are 8500miles away in an Australian winter, its been awesome watching the series and getting to share in your Jeep Wayalife. :thumb:

IMGL3931.jpg

Labricon

Caught the Bug
It took me all day and 4 tries to finally complete watching this one. Totally worth it! Another fantastic video!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
As always,

Thanks Eddie for everything you guys do! Another Awesome Video Series, adding another hour and a half of awesome entertainment to youtube! :thumb: :beer:

Top Bottom