MOAB WAYALIFE MegaThread 2016

Trail JK

Thanks guys! We should be ok now. The whole thing was pretty stupid. We were making great time on our way home and decided to make a quick stop along the shores of Walker Lake to let Tessa play but wound up spending the last 5 hours trying to dig ourselves out of our sticky situation. Thankfully a local Jeeper by the name of Dennis Bunch who also happens to be a Mineral County Search and Rescue Volunteer just happened to see us and was kind enough to help us out. We owe him big time!

Dennis letting us use his truck as a winch point.
View attachment 199065

Big thanks to you Dennis! We really appreciate you stopping to help us out!
View attachment 199066

That's awesome that Dennis stopped to help! I'm glad you guys are back and rolling!

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks guys! We should be ok now. The whole thing was pretty stupid. We were making great time on our way home and decided to make a quick stop along the shores of Walker Lake to let Tessa play but wound up spending the last 5 hours trying to dig ourselves out of our sticky situation. Thankfully a local Jeeper by the name of Dennis Bunch who also happens to be a Mineral County Search and Rescue Volunteer just happened to see us and was kind enough to help us out. We owe him big time!

View attachment 199065

View attachment 199066

That is awesome and glad you guys are back rolling. Just another part of the whole adventure, right. [emoji106][emoji41]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Home sweet home. Sad our epic vacation is over but happy to see the pups!

Eddie & Cindy,
Thank you so much for an amazing time in Moab! This trip was the most fun I've had in years! You guys are the best!!

Tony and Stephanie thank you for all that you guys do!

Steve, Jason and Amy you guys are awesome roommates!

Adam, thanks for all the laughs and looking out!

We truly enjoyed spending the week with everyone on this trip! Hope to see you all soon!!
Such a fun trip! Thanks for being an awesome roommate! Glad you guys are home safe! See you soon!

Lunch with the wife before we end our vacation. And a slow detox process. Lol. Having a Refuge blood orange white ale. Tasty. [emoji106]

View attachment 198993

And before that, did stop off at the DIY car wash. Too soon Tony. [emoji6][emoji23]

View attachment 198994
Glad you guys made it home jags! It was a fun week with Amy and yourself! Hope to see you guys soon!

What rachel said I could not say better! Thanks to everyone involved this was the best trip I have ever been on. Deep heartfelt thanks to everyone that made this trip so wonderful.
Four words...... "Shit yea it's Friday!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Home, napped, jeep is unpacked, not looking forward to going back to real life.

Thank you Eddie and Cindy for setting this trip up! This trip was awesome and I really had a blast.

And thanks to everyone else that was there to make the trip what it was! Hope to do it again soon!
Glad your home safe adam! It was a great trip indeed and it was a pleasure meeting you! See you soon!

Steph and I made it home safe.

Unpacked the Jeep and got as far as removing the top. Cleaning will have to wait for another day. I'm exhausted! Lol

To say the trip to Moab with great friends was epic would be a huge understatement.

I think Steve said it best. I'm paraphrasing but, he said coming out to Moab and experiencing the amazing views, and running awesome trails is great but, being able to do it with great people is what made it epic.

I couldn't agree more! It was great meeting you Steve and hope we meet again on another adventure.

To Eddie and Cindy... Thank you both so much for putting this trip together. You both are the best!

I can't wait until the next one...
That about sums it up Tony! Everyone truly made this trip worth while! Can't image spending it with anyone else than friends! Glad you and Stephanie are home safe! It was a pleasure meeting you both and can't wait to see you guys again!

Michelle and I made it home in one piece.

Like the rest of this amazing team of old and new friends have said the adventure has been epic.

Great times, great runs, a ton of selfless teamwork, and more fun with everyday.

We are grateful to be able to share these special experiences with all of you and look forward the next.

Cindy and Eddie, thank you for sharing so much of your experiences and goodwill for the rest of us to enjoy.

It was great spending time with Michelle and yourself this week Et! Can't wait to do it again sometime soon!

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

View attachment 199065

View attachment 199066

Wow. Great thing dennis was able to help.
Glad you are on you're way.

For the record...... I HATE mud.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 199065

View attachment 199066

That winch is a life saver! Literally. Lol

JeepFan

Hooked
So glad Dennis was able to help you both out of that mess!

Looked like a whole new level of "I hate mud"

Steph says no more side trips. Lol

Sharkey

Word Ninja
5 hours? I could have been there in 2.5. You should have called me for help but I'm glad you made it out.

Nothing fun about getting stuck in sandy mud / lake beds.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Let me jump in here and say this was the best trip I’ve had to Moab. From hanging out with our pals, to epic meals and epic parties, to running some of the toughest trails in Moab. Thank you everyone for allowing me and my beautiful feet to be part of it. Thank you to Eddie and Cindy for everything you do, I greatly appreciate it. We have had countless great adventures, but this one rates among the top! :thumb::yup:
Steve, it was great hanging out with you this past week. We all made lifetime memories; glad you were able to make the trip out..

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Just got home and noticed our driver side brake line started leaking - guess we got lucky today [emoji41]
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460954994.449067.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
As I sit here closing out the final day of more than a week's long EPIC Adventure, the words honestly can't begin to explain the week.

The first day gathering in Vegas was a blast and every day thereafter seemed to get exponentially better than the one before.

The wheeling was beyond insane. I still can't believe how much I learned and was able to accomplish on so many legendary trails! Thank you Eddie, Cindy, Tony, Adam, Moochie, don and everyone for helping an inexperienced wheeler earn some wings.

The nightly get togethers were some of the best laughs I've had in as long as I can remember. And it was one night after another. Thanks to all the good friends that shared these laughs with Amy and I.

Rachel, Ray and Steve. What can I can say guys, the after hours and early morning coffee was always on point. Could not have asked for anything more. X1 will always rule and it really made this the perfect vacation.

Most importantly, Eddie and Cindy, thank you for it all. All the planning. All the fun. All the coaching. All the spotting. Watching you help Amy wheel an entire trail on her own. All the simply EPIC times. Just all of it!!! You two are great friends and Amy and I can't thank you two enough. Thank you for being great friends and bringing all of us together in this thing we call "Wayalife!" To paraphrase you Eddie, it's about getting together with friends and wheeling is just the reason.

Can't wait for the next Epic Adventure with all my good friends!!!!

iRonin

Been stalkin' this thread since the start - what a great adventure! I really dug everyone chipping in to the thread from their perspectives, shows how close bonds like this can be when folks are willing to drive more than half the country away to be a part of it! Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom