Mod, please delete my account

Robar

The Enforcer
There's room for most of gods creatures on my dinner plate....

I am a founding member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals), a semi-profit non charitable unregistered smaller lesser known charity raising awareness of how good meat tastes.......

Hmmmmm. You should think about getting sponsors, building a free jeep, and traveling around making people aware. :cheesy:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
No disrespect taken. I appreciate you being a gentlemen about it. I am no professional in the study of nutrition. But do try to live a healthy life style to the best of my ability. Years back we purchased Anthony Robbins CD pack. One of the subjects is on nutrition. I don't know if he is vegan or vegetarian but he urges to add more greens and high alkaline to your diet. I have cut back on a hight acid life style and seen the benefits. My doctors says I am a lot healthier in my age group. As for as psychological well that's half the battle in all that you do.

Please understand I am by no means trying to argue anything. I just thought I would share my to cents.

I will save my beef (no pun intended) with the self help people for another thread, but that alkalinity of diets is another thing pushed by healthnuts for no apparent reason. First, your body regulates it's own PH. If it didn't, your blood would become highly acidic and you would die from acidosis. Diabetics must watch their insulin levels or else they can get ketoacidosis (blood basically becomes acid) and they check out. My father (type II) almost died from it a few years back. Unless there is something physically wrong with you, your body will regulate PH on it's own. Foods high in acid can upset stomachs, particularly if you are prone to heartburn and ulcers. If your numbers are better (healthier) that just means you are eating better, which is great. Eating clean and in moderation is all that's required, no crazy diets or restrictions. Having a cheeseburger with some bacon on occasion isn't going to hurt you. ;)

Miramontes

I will save my beef (no pun intended) with the self help people for another thread, but that alkalinity of diets is another thing pushed by healthnuts for no apparent reason. First, your body regulates it's own PH. If it didn't, your blood would become highly acidic and you would die from acidosis. Diabetics must watch their insulin levels or else they can get ketoacidosis (blood basically becomes acid) and they check out. My father (type II) almost died from it a few years back. Unless there is something physically wrong with you, your body will regulate PH on it's own. Foods high in acid can upset stomachs, particularly if you are prone to heartburn and ulcers. If your numbers are better (healthier) that just means you are eating better, which is great. Eating clean and in moderation is all that's required, no crazy diets or restrictions. Having a cheeseburger with some bacon on occasion isn't going to hurt you. ;)

Agree, about having a burger in moderation. I probably have one every couple of months. Yes the body keeps your PH where it needs to be. But it helps if does not need to strip it from your reserves.

GCM 2

It is a bit bit early......

.....but Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas guys. Hope all of you have joyous holiday season with the family and loved ones. I sincerely just wanted to turn this thread around to less hate and a more touchy feely kind of holiday cheer :thumb:

IMG_0812.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For a guy who wanted his account deleted here, I find it kind of odd that you would sign up again using a different user name OR_jeep_life

Welcome back, I guess :rolleyes2:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You didn't get your account deleted and you certainly didn't get banned, what gives? Trying to promote another meatless cause?

pastorwug

The Bible even says Vegans are weak people:
Romans 14:2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. (NKJV) :thumb:

Top Bottom