Motobilt D-ring mounts ripped straight off

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, this is the email that was sent to me buy this Tommy guy.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:02 PM
To: webmaster@wayalife.com
Subject: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us Form - Motobilt Dring Mounts

The following message was sent to you via the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us form by Tommy Ford.

--------------------------------

Eddie/Administrator
I have seen a post regarding our product that is more than likely false.
The product in question is one that we have no record of selling yet. I spoke with our owner Dan Dabose and brought it to his attention. We have many followers who have tagged me personally. I have been denied access under the name tommymotobilt. I would like to clear the air and ask questions. As our brand and product line is under attack by what looks to be a blatent stab at our reputation. The design of the mount in question makes it very unlikely to fail recovering a bull dozer let alone a 5k jk. We do not supply bolts for these kits as well. On top of that like I mentioned before we are unable to track an order or sale of these parts to anyone as I and the rest of the team went through our records in attempt to contact the customer. We were reluctant to search simply because no one remembers selling a set. But we did so anyway to be sure. If in case somehow someone has a set which is highly unlikley we would like to support and protect our name and brand. I have been following the thread as post have been made and deleted.
Respectfully,
Tommy Ford

Motobilt Sales and Support

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
IP Address: 66.220.191.178
User Name: Unregistered
User ID: 0
Email: tford84@live.com

I have to say, you almost had me willing to listen to you all the way up until you said you've "been following the thread as post have been made and deleted". Of course, you chiming in this morning with your BS and using an account that you apparently set up back in 2015 makes it hard for me to believe anything you say. You and your friends have made it quite clear how much you hate me, my forum and all the members on it and while I may not have known about Motobilt in the past, I do know about you now and I will be sure to NOT recommend you or your products to anyone.

rubicon35

Banned
Funny, I was just looking at the email you had sent me last night and I was in the process of responding to it. It's funny how you say that you were denied access as you should have been being that the very first line of the rules you were required to agree to in order to become a member state, and I quote "You understand that it is the policy of WAYALIFE.com to NOT allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, shops, Jeep related businesses, competing websites or for-profit publications to participate on WAYALIFE.com unless they are a supporting advertiser." Of course, in spite of the fact that you've supposedly have been trying to get on here for years, here you are and with an account that was setup back in 2015. :rolleyes2:

The only thing that's fishy to me is why an employee is so hard up to defame a guy and all in an effort to defend the company he works for. I mean, maybe it's just me but it seems strange that the OWNER of the company isn't even as hard up to clear the air. Maybe it was you who sold or gave away the bad part and now you're just trying to cover up your tracks. :naw:

And I'm surprised to find out that a company and a product line would go to the lengths it has to bash me, my forum and the members on it and all because one of their parts may or may not have broken. There are more professional ways you guys could have handled this and I would have been all to eager to assist you if you had and this in spite of you not being an advertiser here but clearly, you seem to be above rules and have no respect for me or my business. This whole thing is based on hearsay and on both sides but you, you've just lost all credibility with me.

I saw where a friend of mine said that I had been trying to gain access for years, that is not accurate. Amazing that you are just now approving my status after my post under a different user name.... I only tried to gain access to this forum when I was tagged in the multiple threads on facebook. I am well aware of how you do business as I was a member of JK-Forum and Project JK. I had lost interest in the forums when I realized that the general product bashing was simple product steering. However I think JK-Forum is on the up and up these days amazing. And yes there are multiple threads on other social media outlets flaming this forum for just that, product steering and bashing that only benefits the owners or other contributors. My main reason for posting was to reach across the isle in regards to a claimed safety issue of a failed recovery point. Which again should be of the highest concern and should supersede any bias or politics. I hope this thread has not only shed light on who we are but also who you are. Thanks again for taking time to respond to my post. Credibility is a term that has little to no place in this forum. I wish you the luck with your future endeavors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did not see or take time to research the rules.

Of course you didn't because you are completely unprofessional and have no respect for other businesses.

But as a representative of the company that is being discussed in the thread. I thought it would be good to respond in a helpful and professional manner.

Funny that a "representative" who's friends all hate me, this forum and the members on it is so hard up to defend his company and to the point where he'd send them all here to troll us. How helpful and professional. :naw:

I know this forum and what the standards are for the most part.

Right, that everyone here are "Kool-aid" drinkers and that I'm "the most hated person in the industry". Yeah, your buddy Galahad, you know, the guy you asked to come on here to defend you told us all about it.

Again simply put if I ran forum that was "respectable" I would ask that someone associated with the product in question would provide input. Not only to protect the company but also customers.

So start up your own "respectable" forum and protect your company and your customers there.

Again this thread claims there was a failure of a recovery point which is a safety concern. All politics aside this is a subject that should not be subjected to bias of any grounds. Just here to help. Thank you for your response. I will update my understanding of your rules.

LOL at "all politics aside". YOU are the one who sent in your friends to TROLL my forum and all over an alleged broken part! If you really did nothing wrong and if you were really as stand up and as respectable of company as you keep "telling" us you are, you wouldn't give a shit what some joe blo said on the internet. :naw:

rubicon35

Banned
The account

BTW, this is the email that was sent to me buy this Tommy guy.

I have to say, you almost had me willing to listen to you all the way up until you said you've "been following the thread as post have been made and deleted". Of course, you chiming in this morning with your BS and using an account that you apparently set up back in 2015 makes it hard for me to believe anything you say. You and your friends have made it quite clear how much you hate me, my forum and all the members on it and while I may not have known about Motobilt in the past, I do know about you now and I will be sure to NOT recommend you or your products to anyone.

Thank you again for posting that. It shows my interest in resolving a claim on a failed part.

BTW this account does not belong to me but someone who has great character and wanted to see we were able to post our position and willingness to help.

Best regards

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And as far as my principles and integrity are concerned when challenged I do not give up. Thanks again for responding to my questions.

There's no need to challenge your principles and integrity, you've already shown them to us and you don't have a choice as to whether or not you can give up here.

WJCO

Meme King
I've lost all respect for this company based on the way it was handled. Regardless of the quality of their products. Simply unbelievable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I saw where a friend of mine said that I had been trying to gain access for years, that is not accurate.

Right, the same good friend that YOU ASKED to come on here and said among other things, everyone here are "Kool aid" drinkers and that "way a life is a joke. Everyone knows Eddie is the biggest tool in the industry".

Amazing that you are just now approving my status after my post under a different user name....

Amazing how you can keep up on spreading lies like this. Of course, it is your word against mine and anything you say on the internet must be true. :rolleyes2:

I only tried to gain access to this forum when I was tagged in the multiple threads on facebook.

Right, because stupid tags on Facebook made by haters is so important that you have to sign up on a forum in spite of its rules and just to defend yourself. I guess you guys really are a lot smaller than I had thought.

I am well aware of how you do business as I was a member of JK-Forum and Project JK. I had lost interest in the forums when I realized that the general product bashing was simple product steering.

:cheesy: There you go, let the truth all come out.

However I think JK-Forum is on the up and up these days amazing.

I sure hope so! Clearly, the new owners saw a value in it that you didn't. Perhaps you should spend more of your time there :yup:

And yes there are multiple threads on other social media outlets flaming this forum for just that, product steering and bashing that only benefits the owners or other contributors.

Oh no, other social media outlets are flaming this forum - what ever will I do... :drama:

My main reason for posting was to reach across the isle in regards to a claimed safety issue of a failed recovery point. Which again should be of the highest concern and should supersede any bias or politics. I hope this thread has not only shed light on who we are but also who you are.

And here I thought you were just trying to cover your ass for a problem that you most likely caused. Thanks for shedding light on the matter.

Thanks again for taking time to respond to my post.

Imagine that. In spite of the fact that you broke my rules, I still allowed your post to be made.

Credibility is a term that has little to no place in this forum.

Then it's a wonder why you're even here now to try and "set the record straight". You know, being that we have no credibility and all.

I wish you the luck with your future endeavors.

Thanks. Luck has always been on my side and that's why I get to live such a wonderful and fulfilling life, one that allows me to wheel whenever I want. This as opposed to feeling the need to go onto every forum and social media site to try and cover my ass. :yup:

Thank you again for posting that. It shows my interest in resolving a claim on a failed part.

BTW this account does not belong to me but someone who has great character and wanted to see we were able to post our position and willingness to help.

Best regards

Right, because the only people who have character are those who agree with you and would allow their account to be used so that you can circumvent rules and make a post on a forum that you shouldn't be allowed to. Got it.

With all that said, I'm going to ask nicely for you to not post anymore and leave.

RebelconJk

If you by chance know the individual who broke the dring mounts in question have them contact Tommy Ford

When I first read the post I applied for access to the forum I was able to create an account but have not been allowed permissions to respond.

This is Tommy I have been tagged in this thread numerous times by all types of people who support different companies who aren't necessarily Motobilt customers. But they know who we are and our history.

The shackle mount in question is a through welded 3/4 plate steel bracket that is designed to mount the front frame horns of a jk or a DIY bumper. We have no record of selling a set of these in our system and no one on the staff here at Motobilt remembers selling a set. Now if some how there has been a set slip through the doors which again is highly unlikely I would very much like to see the product and speak to the owner as it is in our interest to protect our customers and products. Its just the right thing to do. They can reach me at tommy@
As to broken bolts if we were to sell a set of these we would not provide bolts as they are a DIY part and bolt lengths and sizes would vary. If you were to mount a similar product to your jeep It is only common practice to you a hard bolt grade 8 with washer and lock nuts. So this also makes things fishy.
I spoke with the jeeper that has the WJ in the thread. He was actually listed in my facebook friends list. I was not hostile I simply asked him questions. After talking to him he deletes and blocks me on facebook. Also fishy.

I am surprised to find out that a company and product line is up for public bashing with no proof or evidence of this happening. If there is , again I would like to verify that the mounts were ours. If they are we will take responsibility. The reputation of the staff at Motobilt have been involved in the industry for 20 plus years. Our owner is one of the old names still active in the industry. I personally would reach out to the company in question and ask them to contribute to the thread as broken recovery gear is a safety concern.

Anyway thank you for your time. If any of you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me direct

Just so were clear, i didn't start this thread. I simply asked a question about the sed part and someone moved my questions to another thread. I don't know the guy who had this part, or longarmwj. I was just curious about this broken part everybody was talking about.

WJCO

Meme King
Just so were clear, i didn't start this thread.

Correct. This Motobilt subject was starting to clutter up a thread that it had nothing to do with so it was moved to the JK Jeep section to keep it more on a technical level.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've lost all respect for this company based on the way it was handled. Regardless of the quality of their products. Simply unbelievable.

X's 100.

Best regards

AYKFM? Clearly your "friend" has impeccable character as letting other people use your account is about as honest as it comes. If your company had never sold/given the d-ring mounts to anyone then why the fuck was your company asking about a specific rescue green Jeep? That makes zero sense.

You and your asshat friends came here to start drama. The original post was stale and nobody gave two shits about it. The only thing you have drawn attention to is that you are a bunch of whiny, sniveling, babies. EAD...actually, share a bunch with your trolling friends and don't ever come back.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As someone who is familiar with Motobilt and their products, I have to say this is a shame to see. I run front and rear Motobilt bumpers on BOHICA and can say quality is top notch, equal to any other American made bumpers I have run on previous rigs. However, what is disappointing to me is seeing a company with so much potential deal with an issue this way. For a 'representative' of any company to act this way says a lot about a company. The tone of the texts did come off in a very challenging manner, regardless of how you meant them to be. The fact that a 'representative' of this company would send people into a community such as this to troll as they have... well, it's just pathetic. I'm starting to wonder if the owner really does know about what you are doing here, and if so why he would allow this to go on. I was really looking forward to seeing you guys grow, as I love supporting small American companies. All I can say is, with the antics I have seen here, you have lost me as a customer. Shame... really is a shame that of all the ways to handle this, you chose the low road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RebelconJk

X's 100.

AYKFM? Clearly your "friend" has impeccable character as letting other people use your account is about as honest as it comes. If your company had never sold/given the d-ring mounts to anyone then why the fuck was your company asking about a specific rescue green Jeep? That makes zero sense.

I think he was referring to my jeep bc my user name was on the creator of the thread?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
As someone who is familiar with Motobilt and their products, I have to say this is a shame to see. I run front and rear Motobilt bumpers on BOHICA and can say quality is top notch, equal to any other American made bumpers I have run on previous rigs. However, what is disappointing to me is seeing a company with so much potential deal with an issue this way. For a 'representative' of any company to act this way says a lot about a company. The tone of the texts did come off in a very challenging manner, regardless of how you meant them to be. The fact that a 'representative' of this company would send people into a community such as this to troll as they have... well, it's just pathetic. I'm starting to wonder if the owner really does know about what you are doing here, and if so why he would allow this to go on. I was really looking forward to seeing you guys grow, as I love supporting small American companies. All I can say is, with the antics I have seen here, you have lost me as a customer. Shame... really is a shame that of all the ways to handle this, you chose the low road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well said, this is not professional at all..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well said!

Like most things in this industry, shops and vendors tend to be favored regionally. In spite of what some choose to believe, I honestly had no idea who this company was and really, couldn't care less one way or another as to what was going on. Need proof, just do a Google search and see if you can find a single instance where I've ever made any mention of them, good or bad in the past. You simply won't find any because none exists. The fact that they stooped to the level that they did and sent in their hater friends to troll us and all over a broken part was all I needed to see to know what kind of company they really are.

Chas89yj

Moto- bilt

I have a whole bunch of moto-bilt products on my rig . And knowing the guys who work and are part of the whole company I highly doubt that ANYTHING made by these guys "straight ripped off" .
The item in guestion might have been said to be from moto-bilt but I highly doubt it

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I have a whole bunch of moto-bilt products on my rig . And knowing the guys who work and are part of the whole company I highly doubt that ANYTHING made by these guys "straight ripped off" .
The item in guestion might have been said to be from moto-bilt but I highly doubt it

Good to know buddy Welcome to WAL :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Welcome to WAYALIFE. Thank you for signing up just to tell us that. Without question, your word has just changed my opinion of them completely :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom