Motobilt D-ring mounts ripped straight off

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have a whole bunch of moto-bilt products on my rig . And knowing the guys who work and are part of the whole company I highly doubt that ANYTHING made by these guys "straight ripped off" .
The item in guestion might have been said to be from moto-bilt but I highly doubt it

WELCOME TO WAL! So glad that you are here!

WJCO

Meme King
I have a whole bunch of moto-bilt products on my rig . And knowing the guys who work and are part of the whole company I highly doubt that ANYTHING made by these guys "straight ripped off" .
The item in guestion might have been said to be from moto-bilt but I highly doubt it

powerfist first post.jpg .......

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Whats funny about all these guys coming on and defending their products, is that with each story of praise, I get more and more disgusted with the name..

jkris

Look just so you know, longarmwj already stated that he may have been misinformed. But he was sharing what he had been told by someone he met on the trail claiming this. He shared this on this forum. All that aside what has transpired here and in messages to longarmwj, leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well as others here. It would be nice to get a wave from you so your aren't some total stranger just joining 7 hrs ago for your first post to be in defense of a company that has no moral compass. If they had handled the situation MUCH more professionally, I think this would have been a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
As someone who is familiar with Motobilt and their products, I have to say this is a shame to see. I run front and rear Motobilt bumpers on BOHICA and can say quality is top notch, equal to any other American made bumpers I have run on previous rigs. However, what is disappointing to me is seeing a company with so much potential deal with an issue this way. For a 'representative' of any company to act this way says a lot about a company. The tone of the texts did come off in a very challenging manner, regardless of how you meant them to be. The fact that a 'representative' of this company would send people into a community such as this to troll as they have... well, it's just pathetic. I'm starting to wonder if the owner really does know about what you are doing here, and if so why he would allow this to go on. I was really looking forward to seeing you guys grow, as I love supporting small American companies. All I can say is, with the antics I have seen here, you have lost me as a customer. Shame... really is a shame that of all the ways to handle this, you chose the low road.

I couldn't agree more. Honesty and integrity go a long way in my book. I'd be willing to bet that if EVO or Dynatrac (Friends of Eddies) began behaving in the manner in which Motobuilt is, Eddie would respond the same way.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Whats funny about all these guys coming on and defending their products, is that with each story of praise, I get more and more disgusted with the name..

Funny thing is, no one gave a fuck about this post on the failure and it was fallen off the main pages.

I didn't even see it first round. Hell I still don't care. I will not by motorboat just because of how they sent this guy a message. I don't even know who he is either.

longarmwj

So I spoke with Tommy (literally over the phone). Here is what was said:

While the bolt on mounts that I screenshot have not sold any units, they do make a weld on d-ring. Shown below:

It's looking like that could be the culprit, as he stated they sell a "shit ton of those things". So if that is the case, I do apologize for accidentally screen-shotting the wrong product. This isn't me backing down or taking sides, this is simply me being a man of my word and admitting that I very well could have informed y'all of the wrong mount, and for that I apologize.

jesse3638

Hooked
Funny thing is, no one gave a fuck about this post on the failure and it was fallen off the main pages.

I didn't even see it first round. Hell I still don't care. I will not by motorboat just because of how they sent this guy a message. I don't even know who he is either.

Motor boat.jpg

I'll leave this here.

jesse3638

Hooked

While the bolt on mounts that I screenshot have not sold any units, they do make a weld on d-ring. Shown below:

It's looking like that could be the culprit, as he stated they sell a "shit ton of those things". So if that is the case, I do apologize for accidentally screen-shotting the wrong product. This isn't me backing down or taking sides, this is simply me being a man of my word and admitting that I very well could have informed y'all of the wrong mount, and for that I apologize.

WTF is this? Truth and Honesty will get you nowhere...haha. Thanks for sharing this. It says a lot, you may have accidentally wronged a company in which you had no affiliation or ever were ever a customer with but yet you took the time to possibly straighten out this misunderstanding. You're a stand up guy in my book.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

Motorboat!!! That's what everyone's talking about...

IMG_6469.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Why you bothered to talk to this Tommy boy at all is beyond me. Not like you were obligated to do so and certainly not like you did anything wrong other than state what you saw and was told. If in fact they really do sell a "shit ton of those things", all they would've needed to do is say as much, from the get go and noted that that might have been what you saw. If they had, NONE of this stupidness would have occurred. In fact, I'm truly dumbfounded as to why they didn't say as much when they were being tagged on all their social media sites or when they sent in their fanboys to troll us or even when they purposefully broke our rules to "set the record straight" this morning. No matter, I'm infinitely glad all this happened because now I know who this company is, the kind of people they employ, who their fans are and why I would never want to buy or recommend anything from them.

jkris

Longarmwj, you are a cut above the rest. I respect you for being above them and taking the high road. As for the company, I am with Eddie, and I feel an apology should be forthcoming to the WAL community and Eddie. But I have serious reservations that will ever happen. I, for one, seeing what tactics were employed, will never do business with them.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

True. I don't remember it either. This whole issue could have been avoided, with proper responses. Sending people to troll was a bad way for a business to deal with this. The email Wayoflife got would have gone a lot farther, without accusations of deleted posts. No posts were deleted. Posts were moved to The Infirmary, after the posters went off the deep end, and all those posts are still there.

WJCO

Meme King

True. I don't remember it either. This whole issue could have been avoided, with proper responses. Sending people to troll was a bad way for a business to deal with this. The email Wayoflife got would have gone a lot farther, without accusations of deleted posts. No posts were deleted. Posts were moved to The Infirmary, after the posters went off the deep end, and all those posts are still there.

I didn't remember it either. I looked it up a couple days ago when all this shit came up and found it from December. No one cared about it then.

J

JKDream

If you by chance know the individual who broke the dring mounts in question have them contact Tommy Ford

When I first read the post I applied for access to the forum I was able to create an account but have not been allowed permissions to respond.

This is Tommy I have been tagged in this thread numerous times by all types of people who support different companies who aren't necessarily Motobilt customers. But they know who we are and our history.

The shackle mount in question is a through welded 3/4 plate steel bracket that is designed to mount the front frame horns of a jk or a DIY bumper. We have no record of selling a set of these in our system and no one on the staff here at Motobilt remembers selling a set. Now if some how there has been a set slip through the doors which again is highly unlikely I would very much like to see the product and speak to the owner as it is in our interest to protect our customers and products. Its just the right thing to do. They can reach me at tommy@
As to broken bolts if we were to sell a set of these we would not provide bolts as they are a DIY part and bolt lengths and sizes would vary. If you were to mount a similar product to your jeep It is only common practice to you a hard bolt grade 8 with washer and lock nuts. So this also makes things fishy.
I spoke with the jeeper that has the WJ in the thread. He was actually listed in my facebook friends list. I was not hostile I simply asked him questions. After talking to him he deletes and blocks me on facebook. Also fishy.

I am surprised to find out that a company and product line is up for public bashing with no proof or evidence of this happening. If there is , again I would like to verify that the mounts were ours. If they are we will take responsibility. The reputation of the staff at Motobilt have been involved in the industry for 20 plus years. Our owner is one of the old names still active in the industry. I personally would reach out to the company in question and ask them to contribute to the thread as broken recovery gear is a safety concern.

Anyway thank you for your time. If any of you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me direct

LOL.

Tommy Ford - The same guy who spent twenty minutes on the phone arguing with me over my Crawler Conceptz carrier while I was looking for advice because the QC was shit.
Looks like his ventures there didn't last long. Actually advised me to order a new mounting plate and pay on my own dime because my bolt holes wouldn't line up from factory.
How does the Teraflex quote go? "Must have been installed wrong?" :crazyeyes:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
LOL.

Tommy Ford - The same guy who spent twenty minutes on the phone arguing with me over my Crawler Conceptz carrier while I was looking for advice because the QC was shit.
Looks like his ventures there didn't last long. Actually advised me to order a new mounting plate and pay on my own dime because my bolt holes wouldn't line up from factory.

Seriously. What a fuckstick

EDIT: forgot the a

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
LOL.

That is priceless. Thank for sharing.

jkris

LOL.

Explains a lot as to why things went down as they did here. It's obvious he shouldn't be running jack or shit with his awesome customer skills and appreciation. What an oxygen thief.

Top Bottom