My billet rubi build

So shortly after taking those pictures in the desert of flexing the suspension I came across a post from a buddy on facebook. He took off some 35s from his raptor and gave me a sweet deal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424671142.030297.jpg
So, needless to say it was a long afternoon mounting up the chamber pros 😁
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424671181.071197.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424671192.095222.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424671208.410407.jpg
I was also finally able to put on the evo mud flaps without it looking too goofy.

So shortly after taking those pictures in the desert of flexing the suspension I came across a post from a buddy on facebook. He took off some 35s from his raptor and gave me a sweet deal.
View attachment 126578
So, needless to say it was a long afternoon mounting up the chamber pros 😁
View attachment 126579
View attachment 126580
View attachment 126581
I was also finally able to put on the evo mud flaps without it looking too goofy.

I love my grabbers, but there a heavy tire, rig is looking good

The new tires are a serious aesthetic upgrade! Looks awesome. Congratulations!!:thumb:

And just looked at the first page where you did the stereo. Nice work on that! Did you ever dynamat or foam fill the sound bar? I found that made a huge difference in my sound( also using JL Audio speakers)

Last edited:
The new tires are a serious aesthetic upgrade! Looks awesome. Congratulations!!:thumb:

I love my grabbers, but there a heavy tire, rig is looking good

Thanks!

And just looked at the first page where you did the stereo. Nice work on that! Did you ever dynamat or foam fill the sound bar? I found that made a huge difference in my sound( also using JL Audio speakers)

I used polyfill and dynaliner inside of the soundbar.

Yesterday after work I went around all the bolts and painted marks on them to see if they loosen up. During the process I found a part on the frame that had bare metal from contacting the sway bar.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424872250.518122.jpg
The round piece on the frame was touching. I shaved it down a little and painted it. Going through some other pictures I saw the same mark on Rubicat when it had the bolt on kit.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424872369.404864.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424872388.258398.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424872407.684121.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424872420.890981.jpg
I also ordered 4 of the AGM sliders from Northridge which should be here tomorrow.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424872460.436656.jpg
I'm really curious to hear the difference with those.

Yesterday after work I went around all the bolts and painted marks on them to see if they loosen up. During the process I found a part on the frame that had bare metal from contacting the sway bar.
View attachment 127103
The round piece on the frame was touching. I shaved it down a little and painted it. Going through some other pictures I saw the same mark on Rubicat when it had the bolt on kit.
View attachment 127104
View attachment 127105
View attachment 127106
View attachment 127107
I also ordered 4 of the AGM sliders from Northridge which should be here tomorrow.
View attachment 127108
I'm really curious to hear the difference with those.

Wow you jeep is sick! I can't wait to start a real build like this. What are those sliders? What do they do?

Wow you jeep is sick! I can't wait to start a real build like this. What are those sliders? What do they do?

The normal sliders are plastic and are 1 piece. The springs make noise when compressing because they rotate independently of each other. The AGM sliders are machined aluminum and are 2 pieces top and bottom.

I took before and after videos of the sliders.
before:
after:

Its a huge improvement while driving down the road and you hit a bump.

What a difference! I have to say those videos made me laugh!
Great job! I used silicone spray to quite the ones I had. :)

I took before and after videos of the sliders.
before:
after:

Its a huge improvement while driving down the road and you hit a bump.

Wow that is a huge difference. Did you have to remove the coilovers in order to install them?

What a difference! I have to say those videos made me laugh!
Great job! I used silicone spray to quite the ones I had. :)

Did the spray make a huge difference like the sliders do?

Top Bottom