My Dozer

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Got back from camping, tried to get to silver lake, almost made it. But we ran into snow and the drifts were still 10 feet tall.
Also tried that continental divide trail, made it about a 1/2 mile, got stuck, went a little further and got blocked by downed trees. Needed a chain saw to clear a path. But with only one jeep decided to turn around. Factory tires suck in mud also. Had fun. Here are a couple pictures, my wife has more. I'll post them up later.
Here is a picture of north spring creek lake.

Attachments

• 1405003668161.jpg
    1405003668161.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 1405003679997.jpg
    1405003679997.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

olram30

Oh yeah, also got a letter from mopar. Left cylinder head is covered for 10 years or 150k miles. Thankfully they are doing something.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got back from camping, tried to get to silver lake, almost made it. But we ran into snow and the drifts were still 10 feet tall.
Also tried that continental divide trail, made it about a 1/2 mile, got stuck, went a little further and got blocked by downed trees. Needed a chain saw to clear a path. But with only one jeep decided to turn around. Factory tires suck in mud also. Had fun. Here are a couple pictures, my wife has more. I'll post them up later.

Holy cow, 10' snow drifts this late in the summer?? Looks real pretty up there - thanks for posting up the pics. I definitely need to do more exploring in your neck of the woods. :yup:

Oh yeah, also got a letter from mopar. Left cylinder head is covered for 10 years or 150k miles. Thankfully they are doing something.

LOL!! I just got one yesterday too. Don't know how willing they'll be to still honor it being that I've already had mine replaced once and that I'm now running a CAI :crazyeyes:

olram30

Holy cow, 10' snow drifts this late in the summer?? Looks real pretty up there - thanks for posting up the pics. I definitely need to do more exploring in your neck of the woods. :yup:

LOL!! I just got one yesterday too. Don't know how willing they'll be to still honor it being that I've already had mine replaced once and that I'm now running a CAI :crazyeyes:

Yeah, we had a lot of snow this year. Nothing but a muddy mess.
They give you a reimbursement paper also for previous work done?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we had a lot of snow this year. Nothing but a muddy mess.

Coming through the lower half of Wyoming last month, we did see a little snow but nothing of significance. Of course, it's a bit lower were we were. Wish we had some of that up in our Sierra's. I think we only got 18% of our normal snow pack.

They give you a reimbursement paper also for previous work done?

You mean with the letter or when I had the work done? So far, all seems to be good and the only real concern I have is with some oil consumption.

olram30

You mean with the letter or when I had the work done? So far, all seems to be good and the only real concern I have is with some oil consumption.
I thought you had work done on your cylinder head, they sent a "customer reimbursement claim form". Guess they are paying for work that was done in the past also. Hopefully they pay out for people who had to pay out of pocket.

Attachments

• 1405004539074.jpg
    1405004539074.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 336

olram30

Yes, we are planning a trip through sinks canyon and up to Christina lake. Hopefully this month.

olram30

Also the warn PowerPlant worked great. Wasn't worried one bit about it not working when I was stuck! And the compressor aired up the tires back up fast. Money well spent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you had work done on your cylinder head, they sent a "customer reimbursement claim form". Guess they are paying for work that was done in the past also. Hopefully they pay out for people who had to pay out of pocket.

Right, i did have work done but it was originally covered under warranty. I just don't know if they'd cover it again.

olram30

I bought a bunch of these connectors off eBay, finally got the front fog lights hooked up. I just used the factory wiring. They turned on so I guess that's good.
Edit, on these plugs, remember to put the yellow things first, then the male pin goes on the long plug and female goes on the short plug.

Attachments

• 1405017908175.jpg
    1405017908175.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 342
  • 1405017921907.jpg
    1405017921907.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

JKbrick

I bought a bunch of these connectors off eBay, finally got the front fog lights hooked up. I just used the factory wiring. They turned on so I guess that's good.

Can you PM me the info on the connectors? I've been looking and running into dead ends. Or maybe just reply here in case others are also searching. Thank you

olram30

Thank you for the link. Awesome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

No problem, they almost fit the factory plug, but I guess the pins weren't long enough. I bought extra ones just to have, never know when you need a plug.:thumbup:

olram30

Checked the damage from this trip, only thing I found was I "clearanced" the gas tank skid. Even my wife said to hurry up and get a lift and tires. Lol

Attachments

• 1405028385200.jpg
    1405028385200.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 317

olram30

Finally got a filter for the wife's jeep. Had to order one from the dealership. Sucks living in a small town. So hopefully today i can put on the evo oil pan and transmission skid while doing the oil change. Also wondered what was different about these filters compared to the dozer, apparently there is some nipple thing on top. I hope this is the right part number.

Attachments

• 1405187511019.jpg
    1405187511019.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 285
Top Bottom