My Dozer

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I got 1/3 of the skids on and a oil change. Need to put on the other parts soon. I hate the way that line and transmission pan are open.
Also figured out my confusion on which oil, the 2012 dozer uses 5/30 and the new 2014 uses 5/20 which seems thin to me. More parts should be in tomorrow from Brown Santa.

Attachments

• 1395631495837.jpg
    1395631495837.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 668

olram30

Got the last piece of the evo protek skids in. Also ditching the factory disco motor. Works fine, just rather have something I don't have to worry about getting damaged. Also got a procal and the evo fairlead light bracket. Probably gonna get a light bar, but Wyoming I'm required to have a front plate and the bracket has mounts for a plate. I think I can rig up some thumb screws. Also put on my wayalife stickers! To bad I have to go to work.

Attachments

• 1395690899634.jpg
    1395690899634.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 637
  • 1395690913362.jpg
    1395690913362.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 634
  • 1395690923226.jpg
    1395690923226.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 639

HILLZ

Got the last piece of the evo protek skids in. Also ditching the factory disco motor. Works fine, just rather have something I don't have to worry about getting damaged. Also got a procal and the evo fairlead light bracket. Probably gonna get a light bar, but Wyoming I'm required to have a front plate and the bracket has mounts for a plate. I think I can rig up some thumb screws. Also put on my wayalife stickers! To bad I have to go to work.

ARB do a hinged plate bracket, is great if you need to winch ya just fold the plate up out of the way. not the clearest shot but you can just see the plate sticking out over the rope

photo 4.jpg

olram30

ARB do a hinged plate bracket, is great if you need to winch ya just fold the plate up out of the way. not the clearest shot but you can just see the plate sticking out over the rope

View attachment 75529

You know, when I was in the market for a front bumper, I almost went with the arb stubby bumper..I know it came with that bracket to use a license plate. Can't find the bracket anywhere by itself. I got some thumb screws and should work ok.our at least I hope.

olram30

Finished the rest of the skids. I'll sleep better at night now.

Attachments

• 1395850873866.jpg
    1395850873866.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 599
  • 1395850894865.jpg
    1395850894865.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 599

olram30

Got the evo no limits sway bar thing on. Procal to turn off the light fir the sway bar and also shut off the low tire light. I forgot how nice the procal is. Should come in handy to recenter the steering wheel after the lift.

Attachments

• 1395861491403.jpg
    1395861491403.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 592

olram30

She's just begging to get that hole filled!
So in the mean time, I put on the evo light bracket. And the thumb screws worked good. Going on vacation this week, think when I get back I might get a winch, or the other things I need to get before the winch... thinking I might just go with a warn power plant. But I think before I put it in, I should get trucklites before. I think once I drop the winch in, there is no getting the grill off.also what length of synthetic line do people run? 80 or 100 feet? Also got the top bolts done on the bumper.

Attachments

• 1396385112643.jpg
    1396385112643.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 578

olram30

Anybody have any reviews, experience or input on these mopar factory hood locks?
Kinda pricy, but you key it with your key and looks easy to install.

Attachments

• 1396386573945.jpg
    1396386573945.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 575

olram30

Are they really needed? what would someone steal from your bay?

Good question, here's a little back story on my situation. I'm an engineer for union Pacific railroad. When I get called to go to work, I have to leave my jeep parked in a lot at work. Sometimes I'm gone for around 2 days. I've seen fellow co workers tires get slashed, my friends jeep got keyed up and couple of hit and runs. I guess piece of mind.. I mean the battery is pretty easy to steal. If you don't get good parking, you have to park in this dirt lot and makes me nervous. Just paranoid I guess

QRS

Anybody have any reviews, experience or input on these mopar factory hood locks?
Kinda pricy, but you key it with your key and looks easy to install.

I installed it almost a year ago, it's very well constructed and it seems to offer very good protection.

It's pricey but it will give you peace of mind, I wouldn't like to come to my car and find out the battery is gone and wiring is a mess.

There are other options but for me they can't beat the fact that you use your Jeep's key.

You will need a rivet tool, but not the std small one, can't remember exactly what the size is for the rivets but they are big.

olram30

I installed it almost a year ago, it's very well constructed and it seems to offer very good protection.

It's pricey but it will give you peace of mind, I wouldn't like to come to my car and find out the battery is gone and wiring is a mess.

There are other options but for me they can't beat the fact that you use your Jeep's key.

You will need a rivet tool, but not the std small one, can't remember exactly what the size is for the rivets but they are big.
Well, I do like buying tools. The same key as the ignition is a plus. I wish the locking gas caps were as easy to match with your key. I believe you have to go through the dealer and vin number. This thing I think just put your key in and turn. Thanks fir the reply, want sure if this lock was worth it because I never really hard anybody use one:thumbup:

Got the reverse lights on. Ended up welding a threaded stud on each end. Didn't feel like drilling. And they even light up. I'll see how bright they are tonight.

Great build so far! What pattern did you go with for the reverse lights?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good question, here's a little back story on my situation. I'm an engineer for union Pacific railroad. When I get called to go to work, I have to leave my jeep parked in a lot at work. Sometimes I'm gone for around 2 days. I've seen fellow co workers tires get slashed, my friends jeep got keyed up and couple of hit and runs. I guess piece of mind.. I mean the battery is pretty easy to steal. If you don't get good parking, you have to park in this dirt lot and makes me nervous. Just paranoid I guess

Makes sense, I never even thought about people stealing batteries and stuff.

olram30

Makes sense, I never even thought about people stealing batteries and stuff.

if i didn't have to leave it parked for so long, i wouldn't care too much. but people are dicks out there in this world. :grayno:

olram30

Gotcha! Thanks for the quick reply. That price isn't bad at all!

gonna keep my eye out for a 20" light bar. i don't mind going cheap on lighting as long as they work. if i was in some baja races, i could see dumping cash. i would like a 50" light bar also, but that might be later on.

Top Bottom