My Dozer

gonna keep my eye out for a 20" light bar. i don't mind going cheap on lighting as long as they work. if i was in some baja races, i could see dumping cash. i would like a 50" light bar also, but that might be later on.

Is $300 cheap for a 20" in your opinion...?

QRS

Well, I do like buying tools. The same key as the ignition is a plus. I wish the locking gas caps were as easy to match with your key. I believe you have to go through the dealer and vin number. This thing I think just put your key in and turn. Thanks fir the reply, want sure if this lock was worth it because I never really hard anybody use one:thumbup:

Here is the link for the installation instructions.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/101155.pdf

You are right, just put your key and turn it clockwise, it will set up your lock for that specific key.
Then you would use the key and turn it counterclockwise wise to open the lock, remember to take they key off the lock every time.
I have found myself looking for the key and it's in the lock. :D

I luckily got my locked gas cap from the dealer, the only extra key I have is for the shovel and hi-lift brackets on the Gobi roof rack.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

thanks for the links, from that picture on the hood lock, that is a big riveter. i have a rivnut tool, but not sure if there are any attachments for that. looks like a big ass traditional rivet. :thumb:
edit, found this big rivet tool for 26 bucks. looks like it might work.http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat...F8&qid=1396465107&sr=8-19&keywords=rivet+tool

Last edited:

Mdrobb

Regarding the keyed gas cap, you can get one off eBay. You will have to send them your VIN and it will arrive keyed to your Jeep and ready to go.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using WAYALIFE mobile app

HILLZ

locking gas cap comes as standard equipment on all wrangler models here in Western Australia. :bleh::bleh::cheesy:

SaddleTramp

thanks for the links, from that picture on the hood lock, that is a big riveter. i have a rivnut tool, but not sure if there are any attachments for that. looks like a big ass traditional rivet. :thumb:
edit, found this big rivet tool for 26 bucks. looks like it might work.http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumat...F8&qid=1396465107&sr=8-19&keywords=rivet+tool

I would think you could also use some good self tapping screws, :idontknow:, I installed another brand hood lock on a buddy's JK that looked like a rebranded Mopar lock and it just used 4 self tapping screws in the same locations as the Q-tech instructions linked above.

olram30

I would think you could also use some good self tapping screws, :idontknow:, I installed another brand hood lock on a buddy's JK that looked like a rebranded Mopar lock and it just used 4 self tapping screws in the same locations as the Q-tech instructions linked above.

You know, that's a good idea.

olram30

locking gas cap comes as standard equipment on all wrangler models here in Western Australia. :bleh::bleh::cheesy:

I saw that all the exports come standard with locking gas caps and hood latches

olram30

Checking fluids on or white 14 and saw this thing. Not sure wtf it is. Looks like a horn, but the horn is still behind the front light I think. Anybody know?

Attachments

• 1396648527302.jpg
    1396648527302.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 525

olram30

Got back from our trip to New Mexico. 2500 round trip, this is what the grill looked like after. Bugs were bad. Few things I wish we had to make traveling easier, arb fridge. I think I'm going to have to invest in one. Dealing with ice and wet, soggy food sucks. Also truck lites for both jeeps. Stock lights blow. Also the white jeep is getting close for its first oil change. Might be a good time to put a evo oil pan skid. Buying parts for two jeeps is going to hurt the wallet. But at least our trip is over and I can dump money into them again.

Attachments

• 1397442838890.jpg
    1397442838890.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 500

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Got back from our trip to New Mexico. 2500 round trip, this is what the grill looked like after. Bugs were bad. Few things I wish we had to make traveling easier, arb fridge. I think I'm going to have to invest in one. Dealing with ice and wet, soggy food sucks. Also truck lites for both jeeps. Stock lights blow. Also the white jeep is getting close for its first oil change. Might be a good time to put a evo oil pan skid. Buying parts for two jeeps is going to hurt the wallet. But at least our trip is over and I can dump money into them again.

Both the ARB Fridge/Freezer and Trucklite headlights will be mods you won't know why you waited so long and will never regret! I need a ARB Fridge/Freezer badly haha

JAGS

Hooked
Both the ARB Fridge/Freezer and Trucklite headlights will be mods you won't know why you waited so long and will never regret! I need a ARB Fridge/Freezer badly haha

I've been eyeing the fridge for a couple weeks. Almost pulled trigger today. Need to decide soon if I'm going to have it for the rubicon.

Everyone who has one stand by it 100%. But that price tag.....😁

- Jason

Top Bottom