My life with a Brick

JKbrick

what are your threaded inserts? stainless steel or hardened steel? just be sure to get the same material for the bolts so you don't run into issues later.

I guess I don't know, all the holes had inserts and I only had to tighten 1 or 2 per wheel back in so I never checked. I'll check with a magnet. I looked at ARP and stainless bolts were in the $20s for 5!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Picked up my slab rings. He surfaced them even though I told him it wasn't necessary then burnished them. He said it is like a big vibratory drum with media in it and it seals the pores in the aluminum
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

JKbrick

those turned out well. what kind of place did you take them to?
would like to find something similar around me for my wheels

Hope this is ok to post. There is a place called Pro Strip in Ft Wayne right across from the Dana factory. They do powder coating and all kinds of metal finishes. I put a valve and water supply to a furnace for him and he did my rings.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hope this is ok to post. There is a place called Pro Strip in Ft Wayne right across from the Dana factory. They do powder coating and all kinds of metal finishes. I put a valve and water supply to a furnace for him and he did my rings.

they came out nice I'll need to look around for something similar.
I'd really like to get my wheels back to their polished condition

JKbrick

Quick update, tires are mounted and balanced, will be installing them after my daughter goes to bed tonight, pictures tomorrow. Hope it's sunny but don't think it's supposed to be. My father spent 3 hours today at Discount tires for new tires for his truck and I didn't have half a day to blow so I tried a new store in town. They told me an hour, called me in 50 minutes to come back and when I went in to pay the manager told me he took care of it for me! Then I saw the jeep sticker on the back of the monitor at the counter

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

The sun came out for a while this afternoon after my wife got up so I was able to drive Brick to see how it drives. I'm happy with the drive and the look
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom