My Mall Crawler Build

daverawr

That's a sick build man! Came from a 14 Sti, didn't necessarily trade it or anything. Was flooded [emoji52] but I miss it all the time.

Is that the OME lift ? Was thinking about going with them, how do you like them so far

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
That's a sick build man! Came from a 14 Sti, didn't necessarily trade it or anything. Was flooded [emoji52] but I miss it all the time.

Is that the OME lift ? Was thinking about going with them, how do you like them so far

Thanks, it's actually the MetalCloak Game Changer Lite which comes with the OME shocks. I've liked everything so far except the shocks which are a little too firm for me. Some day I'll end up replacing them with something else.

Every time I've had it off road it's done well for me, but since I just cut my fenders and didn't have the clearance, I'm running a lot of bump stop f/r. I need to take out 2-3 inches and test it out again on an RTI ramp or rock. The swaybar extensions are too long IMO and sit pointing above parallel when flat on the road. I'm concerned about my brake line bracket getting torn off if I take out too much bumpstop in the rear. I'll post up some pictures when I get to testing this.

I'm debating whether to try moving my hard lines as described in this write up: Rear Brake Line Mod

iRonin

Brought my new Evo corner armor home on Friday from the powdercoater's. Had them do gloss black to match the factory paint and it came out really well.

Looks great man; Corner Skins are next on my menu and I was curious of how they'd look gloss- super clean! I may still go matte PC though just being a "murdered out" fan.

Also thanks for posting pics of the install process on em, gave me a few new angles which will help!

The swaybar extensions are too long IMO and sit pointing above parallel when flat on the road.

I don't think them being slightly above level is a bad thing; as your axle rolls it will still engage the swaybar. What's more important is that at full droop they don't end up straightening out or hyperextending, or it can risk folding the wrong way which can damage components.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Looks great man; Corner Skins are next on my menu and I was curious of how they'd look gloss- super clean! I may still go matte PC though just being a "murdered out" fan.

Also thanks for posting pics of the install process on em, gave me a few new angles which will help!

I don't think them being slightly above level is a bad thing; as your axle rolls it will still engage the swaybar. What's more important is that at full droop they don't end up straightening out or hyperextending, or it can risk folding the wrong way which can damage components.

Yeah, I suppose some adjustable ones would help me fine tune them. I need to grind down that area on the frame in the front because they've definitely made contact up there.

Just went through your build, looks great :thumb:

Thanks Jim! Just trying to catch up to you ;)

Hey Dave, what did you coat the bumper with? I cant remember if it was powdercoat or paint

The PSC Brawler Lite is powdercoated Matt. I can't recall the name, but it's a non-metallic graphite gray color. I'm going to eventually do my tire carrier the same color.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
My new Wayalife shirt came in the other day, I threw it in the laundry and it shrunk like a mofo. :mad: Oh well, maybe I can wear it if I lose some weight.

IMG_3830.jpg

Same thing happened to my KoH shirt too. :grayno:

IMG_3831.jpg

thardy

Banned
Yeah, can't dry them in the dryer right out of the gate. You can probably wash them again and once they're washed, stretch it out and lay them flat.

KingCopperhead

I'll have to try that. Can't stomach turning them into shop rags.

Thanks George! How's it going? Did you make it out much this year?

I made it out once. :-/ I've officially hit Web wheeler status. Just changed jobs though, so I'll have a bit more free time. Might try to hit Rausch for some creek water before it freezes lol.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just pulled the trigger on a fire extenguisher for the Jeep. After researching different models and confirming what kind I need for vehicle related fires, I went with this one:

H3R Performance 2.5lb Halguard (Model HG250B) Black Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher

halguard_hg250b_lg.jpg

• No thermal shock to electronics
  • No mess or damage to vehicle or surfaces
  • Liquefied gas extinguishes hard-to-reach fires
  • Does not impair operator's vision
  • EPA approved
  • Listed and rated 2B:C by Underwriters Laboratories
  • Rechargeable
  • Made in U.S.A.
  • 2-strap mounting bracket
  • 6' - 10' discharge range
  • High quality steel cylinders
  • All metal valve construction
  • Compact, lightweight, easy to use
  • Five year limited warranty

I'm still figuring out where and how to mount it, but I'm thinking on the back roll bar somewhere.

iRonin

Just pulled the trigger on a fire extenguisher for the Jeep. After researching different models and confirming what kind I need for vehicle related fires, I went with this one:

H3R Performance 2.5lb Halguard (Model HG250B) Black Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher

Nice man- I know I'll need one soon as well, thanks for sharing your research choice, I see the couple requirements I had on there so I'll prolly rock the same one :)

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Nice man- I know I'll need one soon as well, thanks for sharing your research choice, I see the couple requirements I had on there so I'll prolly rock the same one :)

Yeah, I really had to convince myself that this was the way to go to spend the coin on it. It's anything but cheap! But it is really high quality, it's refillable (which a lot of them aren't) and I don't have to worry about damage underhood if there's an electrical fire.

After looking at the roll bar in the back, I'm not digging that location point. The main reasons are I want to run a Trektop NX at some point and I don't' want to interfere with the seatbelt that runs underneath the bar. I'm now looking at the RockHard rear harness bar that hangs from the existing roll bars and adds some strength to the cage as well. Then I can use a quick disconnect clamp-style mount to attach to the harness bar.

There will still be some room left on the harness bar so I'm looking at something like this:

imagesIZXY09Y1.jpg

It's the Rightline roll bar storage bag. Made of weatherproof PVC coated mesh, welded seams and coated zippers to keep the contents dry. It's 20" long and 8" wide and I'd use it to hold some miscellaneous stuff that I want to keep with me all the time, but I don't want bouncing around in the Jeep. I'm thinking a first aid kit, jumper cables, etc.

Looking at this picture, I think the extinguisher and roll bar bag would fit easily on here and I won't lose any floor space.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Over the Christmas break, I found a deal for 20% off all Rigid lights so I got some of their SAE fog duallys for the front bumper and some SR-Q flush mount for the wife's MDX. I want to be able to run additional lights all the time without blinding oncoming traffic so the SAE lights are perfect for me, we'll have to see how they perform in real life. She wants to be able to see when backing up... Despite the reverse camera, the stock reverse lights point so high you can't see anything out the back. I'm sure the SR-Qs will fix that!

I'm actually looking forward to custom fabbing the lights in the MDX more! :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom