My Mall Crawler Build

Draconianwinter

Ugh. Sucks looking at all these nice builds when my poor 2dr dui is sitting at home all lonely and me or here working my ass off to start getting the items I need to upgrade her lol. Great looking ride [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Oh and the Polk audio speakers are a great choice. One thing people don't usually know is they are set up for great mid range and high range tones with a moderate low range. I had a full speaker set from them with their subwoofer years ago with that added I tended to get very clear tones through out from hard low bass tones to high tones. They have always been my favorite speakers. Will likely be getting them again once I am done with my lift and tires little further down the road though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just ordered the Dynatrac Progrip kit with the $100 discount sale they have running now. Can't wait to get this installed!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
In terms of install, this was pretty easy. Other than some sockets and wrenches, all you need is a caliper piston spreader to reset those. By the time I got to the 3rd wheel, those slabs really started getting heavy! :whew:

I will admit I made one stupid mistake of leaving my parking brake on when I was trying to get my rear rotor off. Took a few bfh whacks and a minute of head scratching to remedy that problem. :doh:

Now, for a review. First impressions were great! I just got used to using 75-90% of pedal throw to come to a stop. Right away you notice how much less pedal throw and effort it takes to get brake feel. I don't use more than 50-60% of throw to come to a complete stop. It's reassuring to know that there's still plenty of brake left in case of emergency. It honestly feels like I have stock tires back on, it stops that quick and easily.

Since I haven't had to hammer the brakes yet, I can't say how that feels. I'm hoping the rear end feels planted and stable. I'll update this once I get a chance to test that.

Well done Dynatrac! :thumb:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Awesome! I'm hoping to install mine this friday

Make sure you pick up some grease (like copper grease) and red lock tite before your install since that didn't come in the box. You won't have any issues though. Glad you finally got yours!

WJCO

Meme King
Good to hear they worked out. They are a nice powerful setup. Mine came with EBC copper grease in the box, fyi.

Spartan65USMC

How are those NITTO Trail Grappler MT treating you so far. How do they do in inclement weather? Are they working for you.
I have the Goodyear MTR and heard these are comparable.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
How are those NITTO Trail Grappler MT treating you so far. How do they do in inclement weather? Are they working for you.
I have the Goodyear MTR and heard these are comparable.

I love them. Good road manners and they do well with rain. I haven't had a chance to use them on snow, but that may not matter in your part of the country. They're very quiet considering the tread pattern.

I do most of my driving on road commuting to work so I've considered going to something like the Ridge Grappler when it comes time to do it again, but they've done really well off-road too so I'm not sure. That's not a knock on their performance, I just may get more miles out of a milder tread pattern.

Top Bottom