My own JK 'Big Brake' research:

computeruser6

This thread is still going on. Not only does Dynatrac have a front and rear system but so does Baer ($1745 for the front and $795 for the rear). Not only do the Dynatrac and Baer kits actually exist, you don't need to read through hundreds of posts of bullshit. Speaking of bullshit, I've come up with some new names for this thread:

The teaser pic thread
Thread of bullshit
Thread of hopes and dreams
The thread that never reaches a meaningful conclusion
I'll finish this at the same time as my ring & pinion writeup
All the pics are taken, just let me write this up
Just give me twenty more months guys

Who else has some suggestions?

JeepFrontRed_Web_720.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is still going on. Not only does Dynatrac have a front and rear system but so does Baer ($1745 for the front and $795 for the rear). Not only do the Dynatrac and Baer kits actually exist, you don't need to read through hundreds of posts of bullshit. Speaking of bullshit, I've come up with some new names for this thread:

The teaser pic thread
Thread of bullshit

:cheesy: :cheesy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

The teaser pic thread
Thread of bullshit

:cheesy: :cheesy: !!!!!! To freaking funny!

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I was just adding the part number of the new bigger brake booster / master cylinder. If the aftermarket system uses the stock calipers like dynatrac, no need. But if you are getting a bigger caliper... baer, brembo, teraflex, pr60/80s, junk yard tons, etc might be a good thing to look at.

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Majik

Ya know, I hope that all of you that have found the time to insult my attempt to contribute a little time and independent research without knowing the details of my life someday have to deal with some of the hardships and life-changing events that my family and I have dealt with in the last year.

No, wait. I take that back. I pray that you do NOT have to go through what my family has. Wishing that upon you would be stooping to your level of rudeness and inhumanity.

PARDON ME for not placing my HOBBY above the needs of my family.
PARDON ME for not providing you a free/cheap solution faster than a company that does this professionally.
PARDON ME for wanting to be certain that the parts I suggested to you were researched to the best of my ability to ensure you and YOUR family's safety.

I used to point dozens and dozens of people to this site, professing how much of a 'community' it seemed. I was obviously wrong. Some of you obviously don't give a crap about anything except what you can get out of someone else's hard work.

Some of you, on the other hand, have been pleasant, understanding, and supportive. To you, I am wholeheartedly grateful.

The rest of you that felt compelled to verbally berate and belittle can go to hell.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
In the same regard Majik I have to say that you shouldn't be so quick to paint everyone on this site with the same brush, due to the actions and posts of a handful of members. BTW I hope all is well and I can definitely understand family is first.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ya know, I hope that all of you that have found the time to insult my attempt to contribute a little time and independent research without knowing the details of my life someday have to deal with some of the hardships and life-changing events that my family and I have dealt with in the last year.

No, wait. I take that back. I pray that you do NOT have to go through what my family has. Wishing that upon you would be stooping to your level of rudeness and inhumanity.

PARDON ME for not providing you a free/cheap solution faster than a company that does this professionally.
PARDON ME for wanting to be certain that the parts I suggested to you were researched to the best of my ability to ensure you and YOUR family's safety.

I used to point dozens and dozens of people to this site, professing how much of a 'community' it seemed. I was obviously wrong. Some of you obviously don't give a crap about anything except what you can get out of someone else's hard work.

Some of you, on the other hand, have been pleasant, understanding, and supportive. To you, I am wholeheartedly grateful.

The rest of you that felt compelled to verbally berate and belittle can go to hell.

Pardon you for blowing smoke up everyone's ass for the TWO years.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

I hear you, but if you take the 10,000ft view I think you can appreciate that a lot of people had their hopes up and were let down (me included), so comedy is about the only way to cope with the let down. Best wishes for your family issues.

At least there are some big brake options now, so why not just make it water under the bridge?

Funny! I work 12-14 hours a day, EVERY DAY, 2-3 months at a time without seeing my home and yet I'm still able to at least stop in here and chit chat at least a few minutes a day.
Thank you so much for not making us wait another two years for your meltdown, don't think I could stand the suspense.

Skid_Kid

Funny! I work 12-14 hours a day, EVERY DAY, 2-3 months at a time without seeing my home and yet I'm still able to at least stop in here and chit chat at least a few minutes a day.
Thank you so much for not making us wait another two years for your meltdown, don't think I could stand the suspense.

:drunkbuds::drunkbuds::honey::blush::blush::blush:

computeruser6

Alright, based upon the chord I struck with the OP here's a few more titles:

Take a ride on the Majik carpet

The Butthurt level, it's over 9000!!!
C'mon guys, just give me twenty more years
Bitchfest 2015
No really, I promise that I'm about to write it up!
Dude, Where's My Brakes?

If you think that myself and a few others questioning you and making some jokes is "inhumanity" then you really have no idea what inhumanity and evil are. So fuck you, just fuck you. You must be a really sensitive man. It's funny, I hope that you never go through the hardships and life-changing events I've gone through either. What a great cudgel for an argument.

A "free" solution? I don't believe that. I guess people with a lobotomy might believe that. "Cheap", as compared to what exactly? How would your list of part numbers somehow be cheaper? Everybody's pal, suckdick66, gave plenty of information on the BR6 kit without all of the smoke and mirrors. It's not as if corporations such as Wilwood are hiding their brake kit information, it's easily accesible on their website. You can even buy individual components from them to make it your way. Trust me, I wasn't expecting anything from your "work". E-mailing and calling some companies along with putting some functions into a computer must be strenuous labor; the struggle is real. Listen everybody, here's a teaser of what I've found through about one minute of looking on Wilwood's website. Free of charge also, I'm just so magnanimous.

ds1073_IPB-lg.jpg ds1073_wcd-lg.jpg

Got all the pics taken. Just have to type it all up. Went great and gear pattern came out excellent, as far as I could tell. Honestly, anyone can do it. Just a few special tools needed and patience. Swapping shims back and forth to get it perfect is the time consuming part...it's not difficult. You just have to be persistent. Sorry for my crappy timeline... between kids, the brake project, and this, I just stretched myself a little thin. :sigh:

Pics are done, though (and ALOT of them...) and came out great. Will get to typing it up soon.

You posted this little gem back in December of 2013. You must be a really slow typist or have the integrity of politicians who promise "free" stuff. I suppose that you're right, the few people that have criticized you and made some jokes are inhuman, rude and should go to hell.

I'm pretty happy that I didn't "donate" anything.

Don't worry, we'll be waiting for you. I guess that we can't all be as self-righteous. Hey, I think that these photos might belong to you Majik. Be sure to keep them in that safe place with your super-secret brake kit part number list and ring and pinion write-up.

butthurt4.jpeg butthurt.jpeg

Pardon you for blowing smoke up everyone's ass for the TWO years.

Obviously, you're lacking in faith. Now apologize you inhuman bastard!

Last edited:

pastorwug

Empathy is what "community" is all about - rather than just leaving us all hanging why didn't you share with our "community" what was going on? You may have been surprised by the support you would have received - empty promises typically receive no support.

I would suggest rethinking your vitriol toward this community and share what's been going on, there would be fewer than before that would care, but there will be some.

BTW - I would never suggest anyone going to hell, you obviously have no idea what it is.

Empathy is what "community" is all about - rather than just leaving us all hanging why didn't you share with our "community" what was going on? You may have been surprised by the support you would have received - empty promises typically receive no support.

I would suggest rethinking your vitriol toward this community and share what's been going on, there would be fewer than before that would care, but there will be some.

BTW - I would never suggest anyone going to hell, you obviously have no idea what it is.

As the Pastor has stated above, this is what being a community is about. You would be surprised at how we will rally around to help even if it was just prayer. I know because I have had major life changes last year from job to up and moving to another state with a 45 day notice. I shared with my WAYALIFE family and received support. Remember it is not just a Jeep but a way of life.

R/
Will

jkbud

As someone who donated parts to this project, I feel like you could have at least popped on and told us that this project was going to have to be delayed. I completely understand that this is just a hobby but that doesn't mean you can't have common decency to let people who are waiting on you know this is delayed. On top of that when you did come back and finally say you had family issues you wrote the post as if you may get started again. All of these false hopes have made people irritable. I hope your family is well and I hope the unit bearing I donated gets put to use some how.

Sent from my SM-G900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As someone who donated parts to this project, I feel like you could have at least popped on and told us that this project was going to have to be delayed. I completely understand that this is just a hobby but that doesn't mean you can't have common decency to let people who are waiting on you know this is delayed. On top of that when you did come back and finally say you had family issues you wrote the post as if you may get started again. All of these false hopes have made people irritable. I hope your family is well and I hope the unit bearing I donated gets put to use some how.

Sent from my SM-G900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's a fucking joke. Why was everything a secret? Just post the info you found when you found it. This gets off knowing people are waiting for him and relying on him.

Sorry you got sucked into the trap.

Mikes Offroad

Thanks for the time Majik, you have taken to gather the info that you did. I decided to purchase the Teraflex brake kit being that it is an all in one package and trying to find stuff where I live is tough at best. Hope everything works out with the family, which should always come first.

computeruser6

Through approximately two more minutes of Internet sluething I've managed to find more super-secret brake kit information. Also, you too can donate to the cause. Give me your cash or spare parts. I will put them to use on my Jeep, I mean take them to the scrapyard for cash, no wait, I mean use your donations for the greater good. Time is limited, donate now!

Wilwood-Brake Pad Characteristics

Baer's Pro/SS4 System

compound_chart-2.jpg

140-12440-DR_kit-lg.jpg

Tease!

JK_AuburnBuild-01_Web_720.jpg

It's a fucking joke. Why was everything a secret? Just post the info you found when you found it. This gets off knowing people are waiting for him and relying on him.

Sorry you got sucked into the trap.

What you don't realize is that Majik is worried about your safety and only perfoming his "work" for the greater good. Now lower your intelligence and open up your wallet, you rude, inhuman bastard.

thoughtcrime.jpg

computeruser6

I'm back with even more super-secret findings to share with you. Another two minutes of Internet searching has revealed even more to me. Yet another JK big brake kit is produced by Road Race Motorsports. You can buy a kit that uses stock size rotors that are slotted and drilled with better pads for all four corners or a kit with bigger discs all around.

SAE International-Introduction to Foundation Brake Design

Stop Tech-The Physics of Braking Systems

Hey look, you too can search for basic brake design information. Then afterwards, you too can post twenty summaries on you "findings" about the topic thus making yourself look smart and magnanimous. Feel free to donate your capitalist exploitation units (CEU) to me, I assure that I'll put them to use for the greater good. While you're at it comrade, don't forget to re-educate yourself by reporting to your nearest kommissar or reading my political blog. Comrade, if your willing to donate parts why not lend me your eyes for a few minutes. If Majik can pimp himself out, then so can I.

Majik

I feel it necessary to clarify a few things, and offer an apology to some. I hope you all take the time to read this, even if irritated with me due to my prior post. It might clarify a bit...

First and foremost, being a very spiritual person myself, I do feel compelled to apologize for the religious connotation of my 'go to hell' statement a few days ago. I think pastorwug brought that to my attention. To anyone that my choice of words offended on a religious basis, I wholeheartedly apologize. It was a poor choice of words on my part, and was not meant in a literal sense.

Second, I wanted to clarify that my prior post/rant was directed at only some. I tried to make that clear, using words like "some" and "those of you who..." but I guess in a heated discussion, sometimes subtle details like that are understandably missed. There are a bunch of you that offered condolences and kind words when I mentioned tough family times, deaths, and critical illness in my immediate family. As I did publicly before, I thank you for that. I know its too late for most, but I apologize for directing that towards the WOL community as a whole. As in all communities, there are bad eggs. I was in the wrong for directing that generally. There are alot of really good people here, with good intentions.

There were as many others that offered no contribution of ideas or thoughts to my project, ignored any mention of my family's difficulties, but then found the time to repeatedly express their irritation with me personally.
Stating things like that I only wrote this for the attention. These are the people that were my intended audience. Again - the ones that said nothing throughout my research, not a word when I mentioned terrible family issues, but were the first to jump in and criticize, and with plenty of sarcasm and personal attacks.

Third, mainly to clarify things for computeruser6, I received one donation. One. I never asked for any. One single, solitary, used, worn out old unit bearing. I personally bought several new and used calipers and rotors. I also ruined one brand new Reid Racing knuckle when I went out on a limb to have it machined, trying to find a solution, which didn't work out. I'm probably out close to a grand. jkbud donated a unit bearing. And I publicly expressed my gratitude. It helped a bunch (so I didn't have to keep pulling apart my DD to fit a new rotor or caliper to check clearances, etc), and I thanked him several times.

Fourth, I never have tried to keep things a secret. I simply didn't want to throw a half-assed idea out there, have some of you start buying parts, and then run into a problem. I discussed many specific options early on that I eliminated, so I have been disclosing. I was trying to save people from wasting money (and instead only throwing away my own at times), and more importantly, performing an untested mod and possibly creating an unsafe condition for you and/or your family, or others on the road. I don't know why this became such a point that caused such repeated personal attack against me. I've never sought profit or personal gain and made that VERY clear from the first post.

Lastly, I never claimed to be an expert. I learned as much as anyone else during this endeavor. I just tried to share my learning as I went. That's part of why the process and my posts were so detailed. I was trying to share what I learned about brake systems as a whole. I never wanted to sell anything. I never had any malicious intentions. I worked on this with my kids, and until the comments toward me turned overly rude, sarcastic, and childish (better terms than the 'inhumane' that I chose on my prior post), they read and followed along. I'm sorry if I mislead you all. I never had any intentions other than to learn, have a little fun, and try to see if a better solution could be had. Yep, as computeruser6 found, a few other companies have since come out with a product to address our JK braking woes. I'm not a company. Much less a BRAKE PRODUCT company, whose sole purpose for existing is to produce braking products.

Some of you may have already made your opinion of me, and that is fine. I only replied because I felt that a few have found a strange interest in attacking my character. My prior reply may have been blunt and offended some, and I apologize. I'm sure some of you, however, would understand how frustrating it feels when someone, especially someone you don't even know, takes the time to repeatedly attack your character or claims to know your intentions, and they are completely wrong. (can be applied to so much in life) So, I will restate, I am sorry for the delays. I'm sorry for 'creating false hope'. Life dealt my family a crappy hand of cards the last year and so my Jeep and its associated projects have been on hold. I tried to make that known. I thank those who understand this and appreciate your support. My prior rant was aimed not towards all, but only towards those that ignored the reasons for my delay and project holds and proceeded to have a field day with attacking my character. To them, I will more politely this time state: My family comes first.

Top Bottom