My Ueber Slow Jeep TJ Build

ob_tj

I spent New Year's Day exploring Rutland Mass. There's a lot of snow covered trails that were a blast to drive on.
View attachment 237888
View attachment 237889
View attachment 237890
Almost a month ago I purchased a Hobart Handler 140 welder. I've been practicing a lot on scrap metal. Since I do a lot of snowboarding, I've wanted to mount a couple snowboards on the Jeep so that I could have room inside for gear. I began building a basket that would mount above the spare tire. Here's my progress, it's far from finished.
View attachment 237891
That's all for now
That rack looks really good.

LetsGoMuddin

I got my one ton steering kit installed last weekend. The hardest part was reaming the knuckles out for the tie rod ends. I made sure to measure the toe before tearing the stock steering out so that I could set the toe back after I finished the install. The JCR kit is super beefy and I'm really happy with the finished product. I'm not running a steering stabilizer now because it is not necessary, but I might reinstall one in the future. Here's some photos from the install.
IMG_3737.jpg
IMG_3734.jpg
IMG_3741.jpg
With the JCR steering installed
IMG_3747.jpg
And one photo from today's blizzard
IMG_3763.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

I've made a few new changes to the Jeep since I last updated the build. I added Rough Country pods to the a pillars using the generic 90 degree mounts for a light bar.
IMG_3790.jpg
Later on I installed Savvy's transfer case cable shifter, which is a huge upgrade from the stock linkage.
IMG_3837.jpg
Testing the new shifter out.
IMG_3888.jpg
IMG_3889.jpg
I wanted to buy a 1" body lift so that I could raise my gas tank skid for maximum ground clearance. I cheaped out and bought a 12 pack of hockey pucks, drilled holes in the center of each, and used them as spacers for my home brew body lift. I also bought longer grade 8 bolts to compete the project.
IMG_3935.jpg
At the back with the body lift but before the gas tank lift
IMG_3952.jpg
After gas tank lift
IMG_3966.jpg
Booty shot with the flares off
IMG_3969.jpg
Some poser shots after the body and gas tank skid lift
IMG_3986.jpg
IMG_3987.jpg
That's all for now! Loving the warm weather for riding doorless!

LetsGoMuddin

Finally patched the middle tub body mounts. Came out really good, I'm trying to get rid of as much rust as I can before it gets any worse. I wish I had before shots, but the original mounts were completely gone.
IMG_3995.jpg
Also upgraded my stock speakers to some Kicker speakers. Sounds much better than before and looks too nice to be in the Jeep!
IMG_3999.jpg
IMG_4003.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

Took the Jeep off-road for the Fourth and finally installed a winch. I went with a Warn VR8 because of the affordability and the name. I also installed some 1.25" spidertrax spacers.
IMG_4096.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4126.jpg

Top Bottom