My Ueber Slow Jeep TJ Build

LetsGoMuddin

I drove the Jeep back to Maine this past week. The light bar came in handy driving through the trails during the evening looking for moose. I'm very happy with how the Currie Antirock performed while on the highway and then while driving offroad. The Jeep performed flawlessly and I was very impressed by what it could do even though the suspension is mostly stock.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185217.303847.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473187146.212255.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185237.467401.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185278.187908.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185301.353312.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185316.073729.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185332.749370.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185398.349131.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473185412.270924.jpg
I had a great time exploring Maine and I can't wait to get my Jeep dirty again.

Last edited:

LetsGoMuddin

I finally found the right bumper for my Jeep. JCR recently released their new Dagger stubby bumper for the TJs. The Trucklites are so bright so I've wanted some fog lights for a while now! I bought the bumper and painted it with rustoleum bed liner. I'm really happy with the bumper and how it looks. I also threw in Rigids Sae fog lights which work flawlessly. Now I need a winch...
IMG_1478472451.901780.jpg
IMG_1478472473.714924.jpg
IMG_1478472487.138053.jpg
IMG_1478472501.929033.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LetsGoMuddin

Nice. That's a sweet TJ
Thanks!
After seeing your fenders now I know what's next for mine

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nice tj. I've been looking at the metalcloak fenders for mine. Looks good.
Thanks guys! The fenders have been great They give you time to think about getting a lift while being able to run larger (up to 35") tires on stock suspension.

LetsGoMuddin

Needed a new battery so I slightly modified the hold down clamp for the battery so I could fit a group 65 880 cca battery. Simple mod and the higher capacity battery was about $10 more than a direct fit battery.
IMG_3406.jpg
Also modified a Hurst shift knob from a Challenger so that it would fit my shifter. I kind of like the pistol grip.
IMG_3407.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

I spent New Year's Day exploring Rutland Mass. There's a lot of snow covered trails that were a blast to drive on.
IMG_3537.jpg
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3562.jpg
Almost a month ago I purchased a Hobart Handler 140 welder. I've been practicing a lot on scrap metal. Since I do a lot of snowboarding, I've wanted to mount a couple snowboards on the Jeep so that I could have room inside for gear. I began building a basket that would mount above the spare tire. Here's my progress, it's far from finished.
IMG_3592.jpg
That's all for now

LetsGoMuddin

Finished up the basket and added some Rough Country pods.
IMG_3621.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg
IMG_3627.jpg
I also replaced my rotted gas tank skid with a Savvy Off-road aluminum skid. I don't have a picture of my original skid, but there wasn't much of anything left. I'm really happy with the Savvy skid.
IMG_3655.jpg
IMG_3658.jpg
I had to pull my rear bumper, which is flush to the rear frame rail, to notch the bottom so that the skid could fit correctly.

USOWEN

damn I love her
I spent New Year's Day exploring Rutland Mass. There's a lot of snow covered trails that were a blast to drive on.
View attachment 237888
View attachment 237889
View attachment 237890
Almost a month ago I purchased a Hobart Handler 140 welder. I've been practicing a lot on scrap metal. Since I do a lot of snowboarding, I've wanted to mount a couple snowboards on the Jeep so that I could have room inside for gear. I began building a basket that would mount above the spare tire. Here's my progress, it's far from finished.
View attachment 237891
That's all for now

Sent from my ONE A2005 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I like that gas tank skid. I need to replace mine. It's not rusted but it has been dragged over a rock or two in it's life and it's looking a little beat up :rolleyes2:

LetsGoMuddin

damn I love her
Sent from my ONE A2005 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks!

I like that gas tank skid. I need to replace mine. It's not rusted but it has been dragged over a rock or two in it's life and it's looking a little beat up :rolleyes2:
I'm really happy with it so far. Whenever you plan on replacing your gas tank skid, liberally spray PB blast on the mounting nuts. I had to cut most of mine off, but Savvy includes all the extra mounting hardware and straps with their kit it wasn't an issue.

LetsGoMuddin

I'm late to this but just ordered this top. How is the install and how do you like it now after awhile? Can't wait to get mine!

I really like this top, the sun rider feature is my favorite part about it. Simple and quick to open and close. I would recommend leaving the top out in the sun so that will warm up and stretch for an easy install. :thumb:

buckweil

I really like this top, the sun rider feature is my favorite part about it. Simple and quick to open and close. I would recommend leaving the top out in the sun so that will warm up and stretch for an easy install. :thumb:
Thank you so much! Can't wait to put it on!!

LetsGoMuddin

One more pic with the bumper on. I had to make a couple cuts so that the bumper would fit correctly with the Savvy gas tank skid. I'm really happy with how everything looks.
IMG_3695.jpg

Top Bottom