My Ueber Slow Jeep TJ Build

LetsGoMuddin

I mounted a fire extinguisher to my roll bar using some zip-ties. For safety reasons I didn't want it mounted up high on the roll bar. It is still in an accessible spot, but if I get into a car accident the fire extinguisher shouldn't become a projectile.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434754118.892639.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435878598.988564.jpg Here's a current photo. I haven't done anything lately, mostly enjoying the bigger tires and the warmer weather. I'm leaving for Maine this weekend so I'm going to look for some easy dirt trails to take my Jeep on!

LetsGoMuddin

My trip to Maine was a blast! I'm very happy with how my Jeep performs! I stayed right near Moosehead Lake on a small pond. There are many dirt roads in the area that I was able to take my Jeep on. Smaller trails the are not maintained branch off of the dirt roads. These trails were a lot of fun! I was able to use 4- low in my Jeep for the first time and it works very well! Enough of the talk, here's some photos of my adventures!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744242.840994.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744272.927687.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744291.157414.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744313.559466.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744335.122093.jpg
Here's my stock flex with the front sway at connected:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744395.630132.jpg
And a driveway shot:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436744428.314211.jpg
I had such a fun time wheeling my Jeep, I can't wait to go on some more trips with it!

LetsGoMuddin

Today I used Eddie's write up and made some quick disconnects for my Jeep! I had to use 3" clevis pins because the store was out of 2.5", but it still works fine. I did use three washers to make everything a little tighter. This seems fine to me, but I will be keeping my eyes open for any signs of wear.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437233921.699586.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437233932.744131.jpg
Also, I installed a Reese tow hook on the front bumper. This is a perfect place to hang my hood pins when I have to open the hood! Tractor Supply only had one at the store, so if I get OCD about it I'll order another.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437234072.837858.jpg
That's all for now, thanks for following!

LetsGoMuddin

Here's a few updates on my Jeep. It was making a weird grinding sound when I started it. I was able to put the Jeep up on a lift at work and with the help of one of the auto techs I was able to replace the starter. It sounds a lot better now!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443387486.889385.jpg
I finally lost my antenna out in the woods so I replaced it with a shorty antenna from Antenna X. Also I painted my chrome headlight rings black.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443387577.071431.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

I've been working at one of my local Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram dealers for the past month. One of the things I've learned is how to clean the throttle bodies in the Jeep Grand Cherokees (One of the parts of a Level 4 service). I picked up a throttle body gasket and some brake clean and cleaned the throttle body in my TJ! It made a noticeable difference in the throttle response in my Jeep, which was pretty cool. I have a 50% discount for Snap-On products through school so I'm going to start buying some new tools for work, but it will also make my Jeep projects easier too! My fender flares have needed some paint touch ups so I removed the flares for easier cleaning and painting. The Jeep looks sick without the flares, too bad it's illegal to drive the Jeep without the tires covered...
IMG_0828.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

DynoMax UltraFlo muffler and turndown bolted on. I really like the sound and I haven't been able to smell any fumes since it dumps before the rear axle. I kept the stock tailpipe so I'll put that on if I do begin smelling fumes.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446841738.944947.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446841811.210015.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
DynoMax UltraFlo muffler and turndown bolted on. I really like the sound and I haven't been able to smell any fumes since it dumps before the rear axle. I kept the stock tailpipe so I'll put that on if I do begin smelling fumes.

I'm looking at doing something like this too. Primarily for ground clearance, but if I can drop the tailpipe, I'll do it. Glad to hear it's working out for you. I also might get a lower-clearance cat, haven't looked much into that yet though.

Top Bottom