My Ueber Slow Jeep TJ Build

LetsGoMuddin

I don't think so as long as you get the right thing. We put amsoil in my sons TJ and it worked well for him. He thinks it is quieter but I don't know that for sure
Alright, thanks for the help anyway. I looked up the required fluids in my owners manual and one of the guys at the auto-parts store double checked it in their system. Hopefully I get around to changing the fluids soon, its been in the twenty's here- not the most comfortable temperature to be working on the Jeep. :sigh:

LetsGoMuddin

I was having some crazy hood flutter on the highway and I thought I'd upgrade my hood latches. After some research I ended up purchasing Synergy hood pins instead. The install took me around five hours, but they look great and work perfectly!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424560293.316689.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424560322.762657.jpg
I'm glad I installed these so now I can go with fenders that don't require the factory hood latches. I'm thinking of attempting the DIY highline with the stock fenders, or TNT hylines, or Metalcloak fenders. Whatever I chose I'll be putting 33s on to start. Anyway thanks for following!

LetsGoMuddin

I haven't been doing any upgrades recently, I've been having fun driving my Jeep :D
I did order a Ford Expedition air filter box and some tubing so that I can create a cold air intake through the cowl. I'm not doing this with performance or MPG gain in mind (well maybe MPG if any) but if I want to highline my stock fenders the stock air box is in the way. Doing this cowl intake mod will get rid of the stock air box. Since I'm tackling this air intake mod, I was thinking of possibly adding a cowl snorkel. Maybe something like these?
1. image-4184834915.jpg
Hummer_Snorkel.jpg

If I add a snorkel should I go with #1 or #2? :thinking:
Thanks everyone for following!

LetsGoMuddin

I finally rounded up all the parts I needed for my cowl intake and got them installed in the Jeep. The filter box came out of a '97 Ford Expedition. Here's a before and after shot of the intakes.
Stock intake:
IMG_0225.jpg
Cowl intake:
IMG_0229.jpg
Only thing that's different in noise is when accelerating but its not any louder than stock. I'll have to wait and find out if there's any difference (if there is a difference) in MPGs. I wish I had checked to see what temp the engine ran at so I could see what the difference is. Anyhow, the install wasn't too difficult, hardest part was drilling the hole into the cowl. I need some hardware for the snorkel and that will get installed next. :cool:

LetsGoMuddin

Making good progress! :thumb:

Thanks Stick!

I'm almost ready to order my wheels and tires! I'm going with 33" Goodyear Duratracs on 15x8 Black Rock steelies. I still need to relocate my windshield washer bottle and then I'll be ready for my fender lift!

LetsGoMuddin

Here's a couple mock up pictures I took, although I did move the snorkel towards the drivers side a little bit because of clearance issues.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427802757.699763.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427802772.389939.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

Here's how the snorkel came out after I mounted it. It doesn't get in the way of driving and I like it a lot better than the snorkels that go up the windshield. Hopefully I'm not crossing water that deep!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427833046.093737.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

I used Eddie's write up and made my own mirrors for when I take the doors off my Jeep. Probably cost me less than $15 and works great! Thanks for the write up Eddie!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428084676.837610.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428084687.322522.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

Parts are starting to arrive! I received my Metalcloak fenders yesterday, 6" over line fronts and 6" rear flares (probably going to order corner armor soon). Now I need to save my money all over again for to buy some 33s.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430836977.189552.jpg

LetsGoMuddin

33s are on! It's a lot of fun to drive and it doesn't pull to the right or left. Here's a picture of how it looks with the bigger tires, although they do look bigger in real life :D
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433277228.370384.jpg
Now I need to figure out how to mount the spare. It doesn't fit the carrier so I might take the rear seat out and strap it down in the tub. Only problem with that is I can't fit more than one passenger. I could buy a spare tire relocation bracket but it's not good to have a heavy spare on the tailgate anyway. I have some thinking to do!

Top Bottom