Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

jagrubb99

Ladies and gentleman, it is finally time to start the first stage of Steel's build. I want to thank everyone to being patient and dealing with all my pictures waiting for the build to actually start! It's been a long time coming for this and something I thought wouldn't happen with this Jeep, but after finally showing my wife what the Wayalife really means, she is hooked and on board with the build. It's taken us a while to budget things and decide exactly what we want.

Stage 1 will be focused on recovery. Which means better tow points, a winch, and then a little something extra :)
I've just gotten off the phone with Wes from Trail Jeeps, and on the way we have:
-EVO 1/4 Pounder
-Revolution Stinger
-EVO Rear D Ring Mounts
-EVO Leveling kit

I have not ordered my winch just yet, because I am holding out on a good deal on a used Warn. If I cannot find one before our next trip, I'll most likely end up purchasing a Quadratec winch because they have a decent warranty through Quadratec. That's why I am holding out on the winch.

Steel can barely contain her excitement!
View attachment 211725

Man, sounds like an awesome list of parts. This waiting game is rough though...

Jackal01

YYAAASSS!!!!! Exciting for sure. I had a Q9000S. It was a good winch. Never failed me. It is a good budget/china-winch.

Napalm

That's awesome mate congrats on Stage 1 can't wait to see the transformation

Thanks David! I'm excited!

That's awesome! Congrats bro, great place to start! The great thing about Jeeps is, they look awesome no matter what stage of build they are in!
Although I love Warn and plan on eventually getting one, I do like the look of Quadratec's stealth series winches. I haven't really heard anything either way about them though.

Thank you! Quadratec has great customer service and they are pretty good at standing behind their product from what I've read. Yes, the winch is made in China but as far as entry level winches go it might not be a bad place to start.

Congrats! With the d ring mounts, you just remove the bumper? Plans to add the fascia?

Thanks! Yes, I'll just pull the back bumper. I might run the fascia in the future, but I think it looks good with or without, as long as it has the D-ring mounts. LoL!

Man, sounds like an awesome list of parts. This waiting game is rough though...

Yes sir, it has been. There still is plenty of waiting for more purchases in the future, but I'm just happy I'm finally able to get started.

YYAAASSS!!!!! Exciting for sure. I had a Q9000S. It was a good winch. Never failed me. It is a good budget/china-winch.

Thanks Charlie! I'm very excited. Seems like a good starter if I can't find a used Warn in my budget.

Stick

Congrats on finally starting stage 1. Once you get everything installed we will have to do a shake down run just to make sure everything is trail ready.

Napalm

I want to do the same, but keep leaving the rear bumper on hoping someone will rear end me for the insurance money!

My luck isn't this good! LoL!! I hate the rear bumper. It had to come off ASAP. :)

Congrats on finally starting stage 1. Once you get everything installed we will have to do a shake down run just to make sure everything is trail ready.

Thanks Mark. Yes I'm itching to get out already, we will plan something. Hoping to make the SnG next month!

Congrats! Ordered my 1/4 pounder this week too. Can't wait to see the progress[emoji106]🏼

Exciting!! Congratulations to you too!Such a great bumper. Can't wait to see pictures!

Bunz-o-fun

Congrats on the order! Be patient and you'll find the warn on Craigslist. That was my route, but took about 2-3 months to find a good deal.

That's a great Stage 1 you planned out! If you end up getting a quadratec winch, you'll be happy with it. I have a q9000 and its treated me well and, like you mentioned, great warranty on it. Can't wait to see it all blinged out.

Napalm

Excited to see Steel grow up soon!

Thanks man! I'm hoping to improve on the formula I was using with Onyx :)

That's a great Stage 1 you planned out! If you end up getting a quadratec winch, you'll be happy with it. I have a q9000 and its treated me well and, like you mentioned, great warranty on it. Can't wait to see it all blinged out.

Thanks Mike! I didn't know you had their winch. Like I said, if I am going to go with an entry level winch, theirs is the best choice I believe!

CarolinaJK

Congrats man! That's an awesome list. Can't wait to see this one. If it turns out anything like your last one, I'll be in love!

thardy

Banned
Glad to see it growing! New it wouldn't take long before the modify bug hit again. Now to get you out to Windrock next month!

Napalm

Nice! Going to be awesome!

Thanks D. Hopefully I'll be able to get those Rubicon shocks to pair with the EVO level!

Congrats man! That's an awesome list. Can't wait to see this one. If it turns out anything like your last one, I'll be in love!

Thanks man! I promise not to disappoint :)

Glad to see it growing! New it wouldn't take long before the modify bug hit again. Now to get you out to Windrock next month!

Thanks brother! I wish I could.. But with our new gym opening I'm stuck here for a while!!

Top Bottom