Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Shakedown run time!
Pulling it out of the garage!
IMG_1475683976.429779.jpg
First stop was Discount Tire for the tire cert transfer and to move the front wheels and tires to the back
IMG_1475684071.538668.jpg
Afterwards, got a few shots on flat pavement to show the hieght and gained ground clearance
IMG_1475684121.992981.jpg
IMG_1475684133.210176.jpg
IMG_1475684143.544313.jpg
After that, it was time for a clearance test. At full lock, there is no rubbing at the moment.
IMG_1475684246.241012.jpg
After that, it was time for some groceries and gas.
IMG_1475684272.586742.jpg
IMG_1475684282.604976.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Overall the Jeep feels chunky. It still feels smooth and stable but definitely has taken on some weight. All those stock characteristics I cared so much about are gone, but dang does it look and feel good.

I hate driving around without gussets having to baby it. I won't be able to get those for a month or two.

A fender chop will happen later this month.

Something is wrong with my TPMS. It won't seem to "reset" so I'm not sure how much air I'm running in these tires currently.. I don't have a regular air pressure gauge.

Shakedown run time!
Pulling it out of the garage!..................... I don't have a regular air pressure gauge.

Looks good. What did you do about the spare tire being spaced further? If you weren't aware, Daystar makes some rubber extenders to make up for the gap.

Looks good. What did you do about the spare tire being spaced further? If you weren't aware, Daystar makes some rubber extenders to make up for the gap.

I'm going to order some of the Daystar extenders in the next few weeks!

Might have to pull the trigger!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can't believe the height you got. I really like the look and stance of your rig.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you! I'm really impressed with it as well. At the moment it looks "stuffed" but after a fender chop it'll look even better.

Got out again for some more testing/shakedown and here's what I found.

-got an air pressure gauge, good buy.

-discovered slight right pull.

-found front driver tire to be about 10 psi higher than passenger front tire. Corrected this, this was due to the spare being rotated in and the pressure being much higher than the other 4

-fixed left pull;)

I found the tires to be at 25psi when I got them. In order to try and get my TPMS to reset, I aired them all up to 35 PSI.

I had planned to take it back down to about 28-30 after the TPMS reset, but I've found the ride at 35 is much more comfy and smooth at 35. That seems like a lot of pressure for 35s though. The initial rough ride could have been caused by the uneven pressures up front im assuming. What are you guys running your 35s at?

And last but not least, now I have a flashing TPMS light and a screen that reads "check TMPS System". Nothing can ever be easy.... [emoji30]

Last edited:
I'm going to order some of the Daystar extenders...

MR.Ty recommended a more immediate, DIY isolator option to me that has been perfect. I had ordered the Daystar isolator reluctantly after reading a lot of negative reviews. Thankfully I was able to cancel that order. Check it out at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ker-quot-build&p=744448&viewfull=1#post744448

This is the setup...

IMG_1475689863.526546.jpg

IMG_1475689873.272201.jpg

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Last edited:
Got out again for some more testing/shakedown and here's what I found.

-got an air pressure gauge, good buy.

-discovered slight right pull.

-found front driver tire to be about 10 psi higher than passenger front tire. Corrected this, this was due to the spare being rotated in and the pressure being much higher than the other 4

-fixed left pull;)

I found the tires to be at 25psi when I got them. In order to try and get my TPMS to reset, I aired them all up to 35 PSI.

I had planned to take it back down to about 28-30 after the TPMS reset, but I've found the ride at 35 is much more comfy and smooth at 35. That seems like a lot of pressure for 35s though. The initial rough ride could have been caused by the uneven pressures up front im assuming. What are you guys running your 35s at?

And last but not least, now I have a flashing TPMS light and a screen that reads "check TMPS System". Nothing can ever be easy.... [emoji30]

I was running them at 30 but I was using a pencil gauge when I left the park. I don't think it was giving me accurate readings plus I was in a hurry.

One thing I just realized, are the TPMS different between the years?

I was running them at 30 but I was using a pencil gauge when I left the park. I don't think it was giving me accurate readings plus I was in a hurry.

I was told they're all the same, regardless off the vehicle even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quoting my own post this morning from the first post of this build thread. It really made me laugh when I read it this morning. [emoji23]

Seriously though, Ive been blessed to have been able to be able to do what I've wanted too, and on the incredible tight budget I've been on. I'm grateful to this forum and the runs we've taken with fellow Wayalifers that have shown my better half the importance of building up our rigs and giving her a new appreciation for the Jeep way of life. If not, she'd just think it was a pointless expensive habit.
Sometimes the best journeys are unplanned.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was told they're all the same, regardless off the vehicle even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

The sensors are different and did change. The "rebuild kits" are pretty universal with the exception of an aluminum stem is not compatible with the rubber stem sensor and vise versa. the earlier jeeps also used a different sensor frequency, so if its not syncing Nate, you may need to pick up a set of the correct sensors and just have discount swap them out to solve the issue. :yup:

Hey Nate, I personally wouldnt bother with the daystar extended stops. i remember seeing one of the threads a while back that some people were getting some rubber pieces from Lowes or Home Depot. Very cost effective and you dont have to wait for shipping [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom