Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Most of you are probably wondering why I removed the spacers.

I removed them because I thought I had a great deal on a nice set of wheels. Unfortunately, the deal fell through this morning.

So, I will have to reinstall the spacers.
:(

Thanks to CrippledPetey buying my extra Trek Top, I am soon to have a little bit of extra money freed up for purchase of something for Onyx. Being that her birthday is coming up, i find this appropriate!

So my choices are:
A. EVO MFG Rear D-Ring Mounts (and some D rings for the Front too)
B. Super Chip Flashpaq (i'll need one when I upgrade tires at the end of the year)
C. SmittyBilt OR Quadratec Winch (This is all I can afford, and I don't have the patience to save for a Warn.)

Input please!

A: My first vote
B: Second vote (Why did you land on the Flashpaq?)
C: I'd just keep saving for a better winch.

Sucks to hear about the wheels.

A: My first vote
B: Second vote (Why did you land on the Flashpaq?)
C: I'd just keep saving for a better winch.

Sucks to hear about the wheels.

It sucks but it's for the best. Nothing wrong with running stock wheels and spacers.

I figured the Flashpaq just because I used one on my last 2010 JK and it seemed to do good work. Good performance gains and fuel increase. And the reason I'm considering one of those winches is just due to the fact that wheeling without one just sucks. It's just an uneasy feeling not having recovery gear, especially if needed!

Great build thread bro! I couldn't find tire size... You running 33s?

You have inspired me to continue on my build, I have been blowing my Jeep fund in bike parts. Believe me bike parts can get pretty expensive too (850 for a set a wheels or new fork).

Great build thread bro! I couldn't find tire size... You running 33s?

You have inspired me to continue on my build, I have been blowing my Jeep fund in bike parts. Believe me bike parts can get pretty expensive too (850 for a set a wheels or new fork).

Thank you sir!

And they are stock rubi tires.
255/75/17

Oh man, bummer to hear about the tire deal. But those rubi wheels still look great.

Edit**

I would get the flashpaq since you will need it eventually. Just don't get the AEV Procal. Not that it doesn't do its job but for $200 it's not worth the bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Oh man, bummer to hear about the tire deal. But those rubi wheels still look great.

Thank you. It is a bummer but like I said, nothing wrong with the spacers and stockers :)

Plus that means extra money for another mod!

How's your leveling kit holding up?

My Rubi came with 35s and I suppose any Rubi suspension can clear 35s.

I would get the flashpaq since you will need it eventually. Just don't get the AEV Procal. Not that it doesn't do its job but for $200 it's not worth the bang for the buck.

Not sure where you are getting the $200 dollar price from. Normally they are $159 and I got mine on sale for $139.

How's your leveling kit holding up?

My Rubi came with 35s and I suppose any Rubi suspension can clear 35s.

The Evo level is GREAT. It rides like a caddy and off road performance is impressive. I have noticed I'm not level anymore, slacking just a slight bit in the front. But that's okay with me!

It sucks but it's for the best. Nothing wrong with running stock wheels and spacers.

I figured the Flashpaq just because I used one on my last 2010 JK and it seemed to do good work. Good performance gains and fuel increase. And the reason I'm considering one of those winches is just due to the fact that wheeling without one just sucks. It's just an uneasy feeling not having recovery gear, especially if needed!

I hear you on the winch. It's the same mentality that lead me to buying my WARN VR (the Chinese one).

Keep in mind that getting stuck without a winch sucks. Getting suck and then having you winch fail sucks a lot more.

The Evo level is GREAT. It rides like a caddy and off road performance is impressive. I have noticed I'm not level anymore, slacking just a slight bit in the front. But that's okay with me!

Alright! I can't remember if the Rubi slacked to the front (no spacers), but if you want it I can let you have it.

I also have an extra AEV procal. Don't know how I ended up with two after my lift was installed.

Alright! I can't remember if the Rubi slacked to the front (no spacers), but if you want it I can let you have it.

I also have an extra AEV procal. Don't know how I ended up with two after my lift was installed.

Are you talking about your stock rubi springs or shocks?

Last edited:
Top Bottom