Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

Quadratec and smittybuilt will be the same so just go off of price for those two. Never heard of viper before but I assume it's close to the same as well

Viper is more popular in the UTV community. Apparently, one of their chief engineers is an ex warn employee and is bringing over their ideas. I don't know if that's true or not, I don't believe it. But it's another Chinese built winch around the same price point. Just has an integrated solenoid which I don't know what the benefit is?

Viper has an integrated solenoid

Smittybilt is completely waterproof and the cheapest thanks to the Northridge discount

And Quadratec actually has a decent warranty from what I hear.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Viper is more popular in the UTV community. Apparently, one of their chief engineers is an ex warn employee and is bringing over their ideas. I don't know if that's true or not, I don't believe it. But it's another Chinese built winch around the same price point. Just has an integrated solenoid which I don't know what the benefit is?

Viper has an integrated solenoid

Smittybilt is completely waterproof and the cheapest thanks to the Northridge discount

And Quadratec actually has a decent warranty from what I hear.

The benefit of the integrated is space. If you look at my qtech one it has the winch controller box off to the side. An integrated one would be the warn cti which has it built in above the spool.

Bunz-o-fun

Just read your thread. Congrats on the marriage and house!
Good luck with the Winch hunt. I'm searching for one as well.
Congrats on the rig and the build. Onyx is coming along nicely! Love all the pics.
I have family in Lindale (just north of you) and the Lufkin area (Huntington, Etoile and Hudson). So, seeing all those pics is great. I drive through Jacksonville when I go to Lufkin. I was in Lufkin two weeks ago, when I snagged this pic - made it my Avatar. East Texas is beautfiul.
Keep up the pic sharing, Onyx makes a great model. :thumb:
Odell.jpg

Napalm

Wednesday while at work, my wife contacted me and told me that I she had been given the day off on Friday. Being that we don't get many week days off together, we decided to make a day of it. Needing to head to Dallas to pick up some parts from a fellow Wayalifer, we decided to make the trip and being that today (the 23rd) is Onyx's first birthday, we decided to call it Onyx's birthday trip.

Fueling up and getting ready to head West.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432385739.277740.jpg

Made great time and met up with fellow Wayalifer and new friend, PepeLucas!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432385788.721313.jpg

After talking with Pepe and his wife Sophia, we drove further west and finally made it to our destination for the day.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432385861.013005.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432385890.722527.jpg

My wife and I are huge fans of old arcade style video games, so needless to say, we had plenty to do.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432385936.988525.jpg

Headed back home, we found a Bus that looked strangely familiar.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432385993.326118.jpg

Just down the road, we found an abandoned jet. This thing was awesome!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386049.461847.jpg

A closer shot
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386076.770462.jpg

My wife insisted
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386108.977650.jpg

Unfortunately due to severe weather, our exploration got cut short and we had to come back and head on home. After we got home, I was able to pull apart all the parts that Pepe donated to Onyx's build.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386178.668054.jpg

And after all was said and done, after 365 days of driving, Onyx celebrates her first birthday with a little less than 10k on the clock.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432386237.849063.jpg

Brent McCartney

Awesome. Have a two week old 2015 billet silver metallic sport jku. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Have had a yj many years ago and wanting to do this one right.

Congrats on the Marriage my better have and I just celebrated 21 years.
Thank you.

PLucas

Banned
Hey Nathan! It was nice meeting you and your wife. This was my angle and a photo of my GSD 'Sam' aka the Samster.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432504196.113284.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432504218.585804.jpg

Kalums

Napalm, just installed the Rubicon shocks myself personally it was almost night and day difference . Awesome looking rig. Good luck with the build.

Napalm

Was going to do some installs yesterday, but moving got in the way of that.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432558703.288700.jpg

Hit a "mile-stone" while doing it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432558750.342657.jpg

DA RUNT

LoL! I kept getting that light that said "check TPM system"
All my pressures were good but it kept giving me that warning. It finally stopped last night. It was odd.

Mine was doing that too the other day, I just reset it with my flashcal and all was well.

Top Bottom